News:

You can reach your profile and change its settings here.

Main Menu

GP Ain't dead yet.. Prove it in sharing 502

Started by taco_harvell, January 17, 2016, 06:36:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MelodyB

Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

Lynx

And for some reason all I can think of is O. Henry's "The Green Door."
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Roscoe

Urgh. Please, dear lord, let the coffee kick in.  Thank God it is my Friday, even though I do have to work Saturday..
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

The Purple Fuzzy

sarba

Laundry is on the agenda today.  It always is but today there seems to be much more of it.  I have no idea where it all comes from!!   Its time for a garage sale or a large bonfire.   

sunlight

I miss the green doors. And the blue and orange thread.
  :attackhug: Be full of hugs!

MsJennJenn

Here at work. Super tired. :sleep:

Night 3 tonight of choir clinic, workshop, craziness with Bro Mark Yandris.
Three more nights to go.  :sing:

"When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

Backseat Radio

Been a good day so far.  Had breakfast at McDonald's. Was supposed to meet someone there but they didn't make it.

Ordered me 2 new skirts from Christopher and Banks.  Current skirts are getting too tight. Wonder if Roscoe's diet would work to get rid of extra stomach rolls.

Newsman

Almost down to 331 shopping days left! Wheeeeeeeeeeee!!

Backseat Radio

Quote from: Newsman on January 29, 2016, 01:41:42 AMAlmost down to 331 shopping days left! Wheeeeeeeeeeee!!

:pound:

I'd rather not be reminded of the Christmas mayhem until closer to the end of the year

Roscoe

Roscoe has ditched the diet. After the last 2 months or better at the same weight, I decided to keep an eye on my weight, but to eat normally.  Still no Dr Peppers, still eating a light breakfast and salads for lunch, still keeping it easy on the dinner and snacks- but I'm not counting every calorie for a while. I'm going to keep it between 220 and 225, then this spring when I am more active with outside projects, I will double down on the 1100 calorie a day diet and knock those last 20 pounds out..
Tomorrow I may work on Rusty for a bit, if it's warm enough...
I had to go to Beebe for a viewing...one of my friends and fellow car nuts passed away Monday. I'm sure gonna miss the old man.
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Heather

I had so much reading to do for classes tomorrow but I've somehow gotten down to just 4 pages left. Dinner tonight was sooo good. I ate way to much. Almost didn't think I'd make it to dinner. I started trying to get a migraine just after lunch. Thankfully my one teacher had mercy on me and dimmed the lights. I came home promptly after and took a nap in my darkened room.

Class and work tomorrow. Have a lot of homework to do this weekend and we are finally getting to take our Knoxville trip on Sunday. Planning to meet up with my sister while down there for a bit.
Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali

Lynx

Quote from: Newsman on January 29, 2016, 01:41:42 AMAlmost down to 331 shopping days left! Wheeeeeeeeeeee!!
You, sir, are a rat after my own heart. On December 26th I sent everyone I know a text to remind them they only have 364 shopping days left until Christmas.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

The Purple Fuzzy

It's a beautiful sunny day, here. Already up to 54*

MsJennJenn

Quote from: The Purple Fuzzy on January 29, 2016, 03:34:57 PMIt's a beautiful sunny day, here. Already up to 54*

Same here. Supposed to be in the 70's all weekend. SO excited.
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

Roscoe

Beautiful here too- and I've wasted it. Just got up. Gotta run to town....

SippinTea

Rainy. Chaotic morning. But Jason now has his cast. He picked purple. And I sat down with a cup of coffee to try to let go of some of the stress from this horrendous week, but alas! Teddy has now awakened from his nap, and Bella is begging for attention. There is no rest for the wicked. Or the mommies.

Did I already mention my word for 2016 is "breathe"?? Yeah, I need to remember how to do that.

:beret:
"Not everything that is of God is easy." -Elona

"When you're wildly in love with someone, it changes everything." -F. Chan

"A real live hug anytime you want it is priceless." -Rachel

Roscoe

Well, I did some grocery shopping  then came home. That's pretty much the extent of constructive work I did today. 70 degrees  and beautiful.  I so regret  agreeing to  work for my friend tomorrow, since it's supposed to be a copy of today..

SippinTea

This week has seriously been a nightmare. BUT. This evening I'm feeling pretty peaceful about most of it. 'Cause I can trace God's hand through almost all of the nightmare moments. And that still leaves me with hope. So it's all okay.

Roscoe

Sorry this week's been rough Ruby.  Not been terrific here, one of my friends that worked at the Capitol and was my antique car buddy died of cancer Monday, within a month of being diagnosed. But all in all, life's been good to me.
Except the fact that I am here at work on a Saturday. I really should have my head examined for agreeing to do this...

The Purple Fuzzy

mini

DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

MelodyB

Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

Roscoe

Alright, y'all don't slack off posting now. :pound:
Made it through yesterday and finally got my W2's in and taxes filed. Hopefully they'll be fast at returning my money.
We went over to old friends' house last night for dinner. They'd recently moved and as we sat at the dining room table, the wife remarked, " It's a real quiet neighborhood. We haven't saw a police car or anything since we've moved in." That was apparently the cue. Because she had no sooner said that than myself and my friend, a former officer, hear sirens. "That's police sirens. And they are moving from the sound of it, and close." Indeed they were- we see through the front window,  six cars with blue lights flashing and sirens wailing, directly in front of the house of Mrs. We-Never-See-The-Police. The police had someone run from them, and the suspect bailed from the car in front of us. What are the chances of that happening right after her comment? :rofl:
And now, I'm back at work. :hi:

SippinTea

Anyone want sandwiches and bundt cake?