Recent Posts

Pages1 2 3 4 ... 10
General Discussion / Re: By special request of Lord...
Last post by Heather - Today at 02:22:23 PM
Brandon got a call this morning about an interview this afternoon. Assistant manager at O'Reilly's. As soon seems to be winding up (by force, not choice), Brandon is looking a career and if they pay assistants as much as AZ does, we will be fairly well set given our recent issues. He cant move up at AZ because I'm at the store that promotes through and we cant work together. I cant leave because my store is the only one with my department.
Last post by Roscoe - Today at 02:00:15 PM
:stupid:
Yes. It is. TOTS, Prayers appreciated today. Interview for promotion at 1115. I'm reasonably sure I am outclassed, but will give it my best shot anyway. Lou and I prayed about it before we left for work this morning, God's will be done. It'd be a nice recognition, change of pace, and maybe a pay raise which would be appreciated. But if He says no, or not now, I'm in a good place and won't collapse.
One of my competitors has already said if she doesn't get it, she is transferring and leaving our office. She was also miffed that I am competing with her for it. I don't understand that- I encouraged two of my strongest competitors  including the one I feel will be my strongest competition, to apply. My way of seeing it is, the more GOOD people apply, the more likely I will get a boss that is a good person, not a slug, if I am not chosen.  And competition is healthy.
It's 29* right now and supposed to right at 70* tomorrow. That's enough to confuse your body into being sick. :o
Last post by Lynx - Today at 11:40:06 AM
Lotta folks feeling sick lately...

*Lynx moves upwind just in case.
Last post by sunlight - Today at 12:37:11 AM
You can do it Jenn. That's so hard.
Last post by MsJennJenn - Yesterday at 09:33:04 PM
Cannot focus at all. I'm so so tired. Appetite is wonky. I've done almost nothing this week.

Gotta get thru singing Blessed Assurance w/out crying tomorrow.
Last post by Nelle - Yesterday at 06:26:29 PM
 :-\  That sounds awful. Coworker cooked cauliflower or something one time. Everytime I opened the fridge, I almost threw up. I love cauliflower pizza and stuff.. but I think she just boiled actual cauliflower and ate it. It was nasty smelling.

I'm eating a salad. I haven't had one in a week.. but I'm finally trying to get back into my groove haha. I've been on the "winter is here" diet.. where I want everything to be warm and comforting, haha. So I'm going to thaw out the last container of the vegetarian chili (SOOOO good.. we add meat often tho) to eat the next few days. I LOVE CHILI.
Last post by Roscoe - Yesterday at 06:24:00 PM
For years, I thought the worse smelling "food" was sardines. I stand corrected. A coworker has cooked some kind of ungodly concoction involving Brussels sprouts. The whole office smells like rotted shrimp and dead feet. Not what I needed on a day that I am already queasy..
Last post by Nelle - Yesterday at 04:00:24 PM
We are getting more snow. :) Like... 6-9 inches. :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) Can you tell I'm excited? LOL.. I'm possibly having a snow day tomorrow. WOOHOO!!

We are going Friday to purchase the car I believe. That'll be anxiety-ridden but necessary stuff.

I believe we have also decided on going to Thanksgiving in Arkansas. I'm not sure yet if we are driving separately so that Jeremy can drive back and I can drive back later... or if Mom is going to bring me back.

Last post by Lynx - Yesterday at 12:43:37 PM
At least your wife is making sure you catch the important part of the day, dinner.

I'm not TOTALLY locked into my routine... twice a year I take a break to change the batteries in my smoke detector.
Pages1 2 3 4 ... 10