News:

The staff of Godplace.com welcomes you to our little house of fun. If you have a spiritual need, feel free to  contact any staff member.

Main Menu

Ok...., it's about time somebody started a Super Bowl topic, so here it is.

Started by jdcord, January 30, 2007, 03:07:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Who do you think will win the Super Bowl?

The Bears
0 (0%)
The Colts
1 (14.3%)
A black Head Coach
3 (42.9%)
CBS
0 (0%)
The advertisers
0 (0%)
The Artist Formerly Known as "Prince"
3 (42.9%)

Total Members Voted: 4

jdcord

So who do you think is going to win? 

And if you have time, tell us WHY you think they'll win.

:popcorn:

Wanda:   Two wrongs don't make a right.
Cosmo:   But three rights make a left,...

Nelle

Oh do I have time..

Both head coaches are black and friends.. So ONE black head coach will win.

Other than that... Colts? :) I dunno, LOL. Chicago will probably be favored by the majority, but I have to say... GO PEYTON! Granted Tom Brady was much cuter.. but that's okay. *G* I'd like to see the Colts with a Superbowl win..

But in the end.. None of my teams are in the Superbowl.. so I'm okay with either outcome.

... Except for The Artist Formerly Known as Prince winning.. LOL.

jdcord

Personally, I think "The Artist Formerly Known as Prince" is already the clear winner.

I mean, he had dissappeared completely into the "distant memory" waistland of pop-culture and music-dom, and now he's getting all kinds of media coverage because of his upcoming half time show. 

....... talk about back from the dead! 

I mean, when was the last time the guy released an album (or even a single, for that matter)??  .... sometime last century, maybe?

Wanda:   Two wrongs don't make a right.
Cosmo:   But three rights make a left,...

Nelle

I've often wondered what idiots choose the halftime entertainment. I mean.. c'mon. LOL..  Get a REAL star. I can't even think of any of Prince's hits.. how sad. :/ Anyone who changes his name to suit a whim? Ew.

natewasmundt

Basically since "Nipplegate" I think they've gone back to the older bands and singers to keep from any FCC violations.  Wasn't last year's SB Halftime performer the Rolling Stones?  And now it's Prince.  Next year...Michael Jackson?  I'm actually glad it's Prince and not some stupid ghetto rapper or exposed female hip-hopper.  Though Nickelback or some other rockers would've been cool too.

Who will win?  Better yet, why is race such an issue in this game if we're supposed to be a colorblind society?  Why is there so much focus on Dungy and Smith's skin color?  It's dumb - and it degrades their achievements and accomplishments by focusing mainly on color and not their personal character and coaching ability.

Okay, off the soapbox . . .

I think the Bears "D" is really good, but between Manning and Grossman - I think Manning's the better offensive leader.  We'll see how he can fare against Urlacher and the Bears DBs.

Nelle

I think it's neat that these coaches are friends... as were the World Series managers. :)