News:

Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it. -Steven Wright

Main Menu

Cats like Sardines - It's Sharing 518!

Started by MsJennJenn, June 05, 2023, 03:54:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Backseat Radio

I've been out past midnight the last 2 nights at Indiana ALJC camp meeting. Planning to go back again tonight.

Lynx

My pastor would be glad to hear another convert has been welcomed into the fold. He's a Ford fanboy, always making jokes about Chevy during his sermons.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Roscoe

Quote from: Lynx on July 21, 2023, 05:42:04 PMMy pastor would be glad to hear another convert has been welcomed into the fold. He's a Ford fanboy, always making jokes about Chevy during his sermons.
I ain't fully converted yet.  :laughhard:
And we've entered the next phase of reaping the harvest in our town, or at least in our efforts. Now, for a first-time visitor, we are delivering to their home address a gift bag with a $5 gift card to the local coffee trailer, and a loaf of our church baker's homemade banana nut bread, along with a welcoming note. Let's see if it bears fruit. Having had some of the banana nut bread- they may be willing to put up with subpar preaching from me just to get a crack at the bread.  :laughhard:
20230721-151200" border="0
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Chseeads

* Chseeads kicks everyone soundly in the shins. 

The Purple Fuzzy

Lynx

I'd like a crack at that bread. Uh... For quality assurance purposes.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

Roscoe

Wow. Turn my head one day, and Seth sneaks in.  :biglaugh:
Shew. Lord, I ain't had time to say "boo" this week. Saturday, wound up road tripping a couple hours to get a primer gun, then back to church to do some church work. Made an appearance at a gender reveal event, exited that, went by and visited a backslider friend. Got home about 930. Church Sunday. God moved mightily and gave me some confirmation and answers. Got numerous calls after service Sunday night...it seemed several felt the message had been just for them and wanted to thank me. Next Sunday we have a 2pm service with a guest minister, and I've got one baptism for sure, maybe two....
And today, I DID get to primer Sam a bit, got my new tires mounted on Big Blue...and then it was off to the races- Little Rock to check on a sick church kid in the hospital, then back to pick up a church member without transportation and take them grocery shopping- Lord. None stop.  I'm REALLY looking to Lou and my getaway in September.. :laughhard:
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

MsJennJenn

Love that story Bobby.

Had a five-day weekend for my birthday.
Talked to an ethics investigator today about the open case they have on my boss.  :clap:

Have an interview this afternoon for an executive admin position I applied for two weeks ago.
Funny part is they are based out of Bentonville AR. And i was just there for vaca!! haha Bobby know anything about US Faster Payment Council? :question:
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

Roscoe

Quote from: MsJennJenn on July 25, 2023, 04:28:56 PMLove that story Bobby.

Had a five-day weekend for my birthday.
Talked to an ethics investigator today about the open case they have on my boss.  :clap:

Have an interview this afternoon for an executive admin position I applied for two weeks ago.
Funny part is they are based out of Bentonville AR. And i was just there for vaca!! haha Bobby know anything about US Faster Payment Council? :question:
No, but Bentonville is amazing,  although pricey to live..

Roscoe

Urgh, Morning is once more assaulting me. Busy day ahead.

Lynx

Quote from: Roscoe on July 26, 2023, 12:43:16 PMUrgh, Morning is once more assaulting me. Busy day ahead.
What's this about needing salt for your morning?

I'm anticipating my Mint Mobile SIM card arriving today. (T-Mobile MVNO, buys from T-Mobile, sells to you... like Cricket is an AT&T MVNO.)

I recently found out my "landline" internet is no longer really landline. It still comes through a wire into the house, but they no longer maintain their own entire network. Somewhere inside of two miles from here, there's a little box on their phone lines that communicates with... AT&T. No wonder my phone and "landline" data connections dropped out at the same time.

That's right. Brightspeed "landline" service is now just another AT&T MVNO.

I figure if I switch my phone to a service that uses T-Mobile, I will at least have two avenues for data again. If Brightspeed (really AT&T) is out, at least my Mint Mobile (really T-Mobile) might still be working. Or vice versa.
"Do you sing at church?"

Nelle

I cannot process life at this sluggish level of energy. Reaaaaaaaaaaally hoping I can find some way to not want to fall asleep all the time.

No dog today since she's with Jeremy (on his day off) in St Louis with his mom for a follow up appointment. Athena also has a vet appointment this afternoon. Hopefully they make it home in time for that. We didn't know/remember about MIL's appointment today when we made the vet appointment.

The Purple Fuzzy

Just made a peach pie with sugar substitute for Chel since she's supposed to stop by tomorrow. Hope it turns out ok.

MsJennJenn

My interview yesterday went great. I think she liked me a lot. They currently do not have an admin for any of the four executives. So it would be a new role for their team. I think I could crush it and show them what it means to have a great admin and to have an admin period. They're all individually doing their own admin work. She said I would know by the end of the week if I get the next interview (would be with the other 3 executives). So here's to hoping!!  :cool:

I cannot stop sneezing today though good grief. Been going since 8am. Had to send an early morning report to my boss. Then jump off for quick run to the dentist to have a crown re-cemented. It fell out last week eating a Starburst!!  :o
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-

Nelle

MJJ - Honestly, without knowing any details - it sounds like a perfect situation. They wouldn't have to help you navigate what an admin would do since you already have such great experience of doin that very job!

MsJennJenn

I hope so!! I have an "admin portfolio" that has visuals lol of what I do/have done. I have been doing admin work since 2007. So I think I could be a crazy good fit. Just told God if it's the right door have them offer it to me!! If not, slam the door. Even though I don't want anymore slammed doors.  :noo:
-Alexander Den Heijer-

Roscoe

Quote from: MsJennJenn on July 26, 2023, 07:44:32 PMI hope so!! I have an "admin portfolio" that has visuals lol of what I do/have done. I have been doing admin work since 2007. So I think I could be a crazy good fit. Just told God if it's the right door have them offer it to me!! If not, slam the door. Even though I don't want anymore slammed doors.  :noo:
Slammed doors are never fun, but they've saved me a time or two.  :biglaugh:

Hi, all. Went and got license for Big Blue today. Stumbling through the day. Taught bible study last night.
Today is GrumpyBear's 17th birthday! Lord, it doesn't seem possible.
Now, if I can get through the day, mow the grass and take Chey for the dinner of her choice tonight...

The Purple Fuzzy

I made 2 lemon pies today. One for a friend and the other so hubby won't eat the one for the friend. ;)

Lynx

Quote from: The Purple Fuzzy on July 27, 2023, 06:03:25 PMI made 2 lemon pies today. One for a friend and the other so hubby won't eat the one for the friend. ;)
I do that sometimes. Easy enough to double a recipe, and it solves the problem of temptation.

Of course it solves it the way legalizing marijuana solves the problem of so many people breaking the law by smoking it... But at least this instance is a lot more tasty. Especially when I know I will be the one facing the temptation. ;)
"Do you sing at church?"

Roscoe

Morning. It's Friday. Thank the lord. Hopefully, I can rush home and get the yard mowed before it gets dark. Got a visiting minister- from Lynx's area, no less- coming in Saturday afternoon for Sunday service and I am sure that this means my Saturday night will be booked...

Lynx

Has to be a good one then. Anybody I know?
"Do you sing at church?"

Roscoe

Quote from: Lynx on July 28, 2023, 05:53:21 PMHas to be a good one then. Anybody I know?
Good one, yes, I think.
You may not know him- Doug Raynor. He's ACJC, Scott's Hill area.

Backseat Radio

My church has missionaries to Russia speaking this Sunday - Jordan and Lindsay Stumbo.

Roscoe

Hi.Been busy. Gonna go to church in a bit for service potluck and baptizing.

Roscoe

Shew. So, church was GREAT. Terrific move of God, wonderful sermon, great food. Baptized two, which, while great, hurt me. Physically. The last one was a big ole boy, and while I was overjoyed to finally get to do it, when he went down in that watery grave, he nearly took me too. I hit my left lower rib cage on the baptistry HARD, and I'm not sure that I didn't break a rib. It's sore as a rising and I won't be overexerting myself for the next few days. :pound:
It's worth it though, seeing people hungry for God and obeying the word.
One said "I've felt I needed to do this since I first came in this church" The other said " I'm 30 years old, was raised Church of Christ which is very different. I knew I needed this and I thank you so much!" I told him I was overjoyed to baptize him and that if he would continue to study and follow God, he'd see God do so much more...