News:

Is the forum a bit confusing for you? Are there some features you're not sure how to use? Check out this help topic!

Main Menu

Covid is being mean in Sharing 517!

Started by MelodyB, January 14, 2022, 01:54:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Purple Fuzzy

My feet have been cold most of the day.

Roscoe

Huh. Thought I posted again earlier. I KNOW I wrote it out. :pound:
Y'alls loss, I'm sure it was a deeply insightful and inspiring post.
The day was another free day off, which I enjoyed by- cooking.
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Backseat Radio

Been a crazy busy day today. I had an anxiety attack early into my work shift and started slamming cabinet doors because I was getting frustrated. One of my older coworkers came over, put an arm around me and told me "it'll be ok."

Rumor at the store is saying the mayor had our store ticketed for staying open after the county went red during the snow emergency.

Lynx

You can get a ticket down there for staying open when it snows? How is that legal? How much snow did you get, five feet?
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Backseat Radio

My area got about a foot of snow between the 2 days.  The plows weren't keeping up with the snowfall so almost every county in the area got put on red status which means travel is restricted to emergency management workers only.

Lynx

o.O

Full on martial law for a foot of snow? Can they do that?

Sorry. Please excuse my fascination with this. I have never heard of it before. A lot of people in Tennessee don't know how to drive on snow, but the government doesn't lock us down. The ones who don't know how to drive on snow just stay home.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

Roscoe

:hi:
 Fixing to get ready for church. Couldn't sleep much last night, so I spent part of the night trying my hand at building a website for the church using WIX. It's temporary, but it will at least give us a presence, that is if google finds it.
Feel free to check it out and critique:
https://oldtimepentecost.wixsite.com/mysite?fbclid=IwAR3M4ulU-lkmmoUK1we_rJZSBBhZ42t_O1_2vCyKyBdW-ClVpiXMBj8brWc
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

The Purple Fuzzy

Ended up making energy bars, cream cheese pound cake and coconut pies today.

Backseat Radio

Quote from: Roscoe on February 06, 2022, 08:47:41 PM:hi:
 Fixing to get ready for church. Couldn't sleep much last night, so I spent part of the night trying my hand at building a website for the church using WIX. It's temporary, but it will at least give us a presence, that is if google finds it.
https://oldtimepentecost.wixsite.com/mysite?fbclid=IwAR3M4ulU-lkmmoUK1we_rJZSBBhZ42t_O1_2vCyKyBdW-ClVpiXMBj8brWc

Where's the service times and location?  Also if you plan to leave that "Let's Chat" button on there make sure someone is checking it on a real regular basis.

Roscoe

Quote from: Backseat Radio on February 07, 2022, 02:04:49 AM

Where's the service times and location?  Also if you plan to leave that "Let's Chat" button on there make sure someone is checking it on a real regular basis.
We'll be checking it frequently, but that button may go away. Still working on it and will have service times and location up later...I finally got tired and went to bed around 545 this morning and haven't had much time today to work on it.

Backseat Radio

I'm getting around for another day at work.  Would rather call off and just go back to bed but "I don't want to go to work" isn't a legit excuse to call off.

Backseat Radio

You might want to look at it via a mobile phone. I noticed some of the headers on the minister bios are messing up or confusing when I visit the site on my phone. Over all the site looks good.

Lynx

The "Learn More" button doesn't go anywhere.

Bobby you need to get somebody to take a picture of you without the sun in your face. Stand under a tree or something. "Stand out here in good light" is terrible for pictures.
"Do you sing at church?"

Nelle

@Work. I missed Thurs/Friday due to the weather event. I am definitely paying for it in leaps and bounds with stress today and yesterday. :)

Wedding on Saturday evening for our pastor's daughter & our piano player was beautiful. It was VERY cold outside, and I definitely had an interesting time getting in and out of the vehicle at the venue. It was like they didn't even think to plow their parking lot with a huge wedding happening. Thankfully the two ladies who rode up with me were good. I was able to pick them up and drop them off at the door, so it was just me ice skating. LOL.

Jeremy got a 1099-K in the mail last week that was NOT meant to be for us. I had to file an identity theft report on the FTC website today in order to get things really started with the company who was fraudulently used. They COULD have made this whole process less horrific, but oh well. One day at a time. I keep calm by thinking "They can't kill me - this is just terribly inconvenient." LOL. It's been a process since Wednesday and I don't know how close they are to figuring out what happened. I already filed our federal taxes before this happened. I am supposed to get the PIN today to file our state taxes online, but I don't know that I should with this all up in the air. I KNOW this isn't ours, so long-term shouldn't affect our state taxes either, but I don't want it to get more complicated than necessary for us either, or look like we're committing fraud somewhere. I don't want any extra red flags, haha.

THEN - last night I found out we needed to submit three years of tax returns and a very detailed, special form showing everything except our blood types so that our new pastor can buy a home closer to the church. It's been crazy and while I'm glad we can help, it's so scary giving all this info to some bank and being personally on the line if something crazy were to happen along the way. (There is also another board member having to personally guarantee as well.) Talk about TRUSTING a pastor! LOL.. Thankfully he and his family are incredibly easy to love, and I know that we can always just sell the home if something did happen out of everyone's hands.

I really need a day off though.. after all this ongoing stress.

My aunt tested positive for COVID over the weekend. She should be getting an infusion as I type this. We are praying this is only good for her and does not cause a reaction. She tends to have all of the side effects from medications, so it's a little scary. We are thankful for the slight improvements in her symptoms even just since Saturday.

Lynx

"Do you sing at church?"

MsJennJenn

Quote from: Lynx on February 06, 2022, 12:16:37 PMo.O

Full on martial law for a foot of snow? Can they do that?

Sorry. Please excuse my fascination with this. I have never heard of it before. A lot of people in Tennessee don't know how to drive on snow, but the government doesn't lock us down. The ones who don't know how to drive on snow just stay home.

I've never heard of this either. CVS doesnt even close for christmas, let alone a "snow" storm.
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

Backseat Radio

Walmart closes for Thanksgiving and Christmas and the rare occasion that a tornado or other weather event destroys the building.

Roscoe

Quote from: Nelle on February 07, 2022, 07:24:43 PMTHEN - last night I found out we needed to submit three years of tax returns and a very detailed, special form showing everything except our blood types so that our new pastor can buy a home closer to the church. It's been crazy and while I'm glad we can help, it's so scary giving all this info to some bank and being personally on the line if something crazy were to happen along the way. (There is also another board member having to personally guarantee as well.) Talk about TRUSTING a pastor! LOL.. Thankfully he and his family are incredibly easy to love, and I know that we can always just sell the home if something did happen out of everyone's hands.

Oh lawd. I'm REAL skittish about this after some of the horror stories I've heard. I have a couple in my church that did something similar, only it was on a loan for the new church building- a small church, I think the loan was around $100k. Long story short, within a couple of years things went sideways, the preacher got crossed up with the saints, the mortgage didn't get paid and it nearly put two of the most wonderful, Godly people I've ever known in bankruptcy court at the end of their working careers. Thankfully, when the church fell apart, they came to us, and didn't get bitter at God or the ministry. They are some of my biggest backers and are nothing but givers.
 Personally, I'd live in my motorhome or a tent before I'd ask my folks to sign on a loan. And I'm not meaning to criticize your pastor at all, please don't take it that way.

And yeah, I got some work to do to the site yet,as well as need new pics. First time I've ever tried putting a website together. I'm not the most skilled. :lol:
 Today was a long day. I did get some work done though. Dreading tomorrow- I have folks scheduled every 30 minutes all day long and a few intakes (which are more in depth and take longer) I have to "work in".

The Purple Fuzzy

I'm with Roscoe, I don't think signing for the loan is a good idea. The economy is too volatile. Do you even own your own house?

Backseat Radio

The fact that you have a working Facebook page for the church means you already have a presence on the web that Google knows about. Google lists the church's Facebook page as its website.  Plus your church is the first one that comes up if someone Googles for an Apostolic church in Morrilton.

Nelle

We were both uncomfortable with the loan situation, and I didn't really like for these others involved to see our tax returns. Not that we have anything to hide, but it was just weird that someone is seeing such private (in my opinion) information. lol.. My parents were equally NOT thrilled that we had done it. We felt like we had no choice without raising a huge stink. I just pray that God helps us and nothing bad happens. :) In a year or so, they are switching it all into their names so we would then hopefully be off the hook completely. We "own" our home as in we have a mortgage, haha. I always laugh when I have to put "own" on paperwork because in reality - we don't. But they consider paying a mortgage as owning apparently. I mean, I really feel like it'll be fine.. I just don't like having people looking at our information. Especially when I don't get to see anyone else's haha.

@Work. I'm going to go ahead and file our state taxes today at lunch. I'm praying this 1099 mess gets straightened out easily by them just sending us a corrected one since we gave them that identity theft report. We don't even know yet if it IS theft or just a mistake somewhere.. although having his social on there makes me feel it would almost have to be theft of some kind. I don't know. They picked the wrong people to mess with for sure. Jeremy doesn't have enough money to commit identity theft on.. lol.

Backseat Radio

I wouldn't be comfortable with my tax returns being needed for someone elses loan.  I quit attending one church because of questionable things the Pastor asked the church to do when they were obtaining a new building to use for church and parsonage.

Roscoe

Morning all. Gonna be a busy day.
Praying for the best, Nelle. I went back and read what I'd typed- I sure didn't mean it judgmental towards you guys' choices, so I'm glad you didn't take it that way. I'd have told them gently "I love you, support you and will give sacrificially, but I can't commit to a loan like that at this time."  I.E- I'd have stirred a stink. LOL

We had a somewhat similar situation a few years ago with a man who was in line to be pastor. They didn't ask, but it sure looked for a while like they would've jumped at it had it been offered. I told Lou I love, I give, and I'll help anyway I can, but for us, I couldn't risk our future. Not that I thought they would default intentionally, but things happen and the last place I wanted to be was having hard feelings toward a spiritual leader. We were different though- we had a child to think of too, and some family members who would love to borrow/use our credit if it ever got started.
Hope the IRS mess gets straightened out for ya.
I'm putting off filing due to having to pay in. I'm a tad salty over that. I'll get done sulking, file and send in payment in the next couple of weeks.

MsJennJenn

Yea I def would of raised a stink too. haha

It's a gorgeous 61 here today. Bf and I walked last night and prob will again tonight.
I made roast and potatoes last night. It was pretty delicious for the first try at crock-pot roast.

No clue what I'm gonna make tonight though. 
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

Roscoe

Well, last night we ate hamburger helper. No idea what we will eat tonight. Difficult to find the want to  to cook after work. And it's too expensive to eat out. :pound:
Beautiful here too-  63 degrees. I need 70s and free time, folks!