Ramblings (not neccesarily by Classic)

Started by SippinTea, November 17, 2006, 04:31:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SippinTea

Well... I never said anything about a random thing... but if ya wanna talk about random things, we can. Random things like the random (or not so random) way that God places people in our lives. :) Kinda cool, what?

:beret:
"Not everything that is of God is easy." -Elona

"When you're wildly in love with someone, it changes everything." -F. Chan

"A real live hug anytime you want it is priceless." -Rachel

MelodyB

Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

sunlight

:attackhug: Be full of hugs!

RainbowJingles

Random thoughts on random things

Thoughts bounce
People come and go
Thoughts roll
Back and forth across the mind
People ebb and flow
Thoughts get caught
In the web of consciousness
Sometimes people stay
Who are you thinking about today?

SippinTea

Quote from: RainbowJingles on January 10, 2008, 06:58:11 PM
Sometimes people stay

Someone very, very far away.  :(

MelodyB

sunlight

what are you thinking about me for?
BOL! JK, Sorry! couldnt pass it up!

Quote from: SippinTea on January 11, 2008, 01:57:32 AM
Quote from: RainbowJingles on January 10, 2008, 06:58:11 PM
Sometimes people stay

Someone very, very far away.  :(

SippinTea

Well.... I _have_ been thinking about you, and you _are_ far away... but... you weren't the person I was thinking of at the moment I posted that. ;)

MelodyB

I SOOOO wanna say something. But I wont.

SippinTea

sunlight

MelodyB

RainbowJingles

Mel talks all the time without saying a thing.

:couch:

**HUGS** ST and people who are far far away, especially one certain scruffy brother
:headrub:

SippinTea

Hugged by jazz and a caramel mocha

I know, I know, it sounds strange. But here's my story, and I'm sticking to it....

It's been a very long, stressful month so far, and even if I told you all the odd and frustrating things that have happened, you likely wouldn't believe me. This morning I felt completely overwhelmed by it all, and found myself praying a rather desperate "God, please give me strength to just get through this. You've got to help me, or I can never do this. Please, please help me!"

I arrived at work, not exactly in the best frame of mind, but at least I had a smile on my face. But then a co-worker started talking about some family problems, and ended up in tears while she explained what was going on in her life. And God somehow gave me the strength to get out of my own little pity party long enough to listen, to encourage, to hug her.

The UPS driver arrived, grumbling about how he disliked Thursdays, and how the loader hadn't done her job properly that morning, and how it was messing up his schedule for his route. And somehow God gave me the strength to stop pouting about my swollen and hurting knee, and cajole Robert out of his bad mood so that he'd drive away with a smile on his face.

And then (such delight!) I discovered I had almost an hour between jobs. Hurray for coffee shops!

I settled in with my drink, propped my knee in what I hoped would be a not-too-uncomfortable position, and enjoyed the quiet in my little corner of the shop. The soft jazz swirled around my head, my heart started beating at a normal pace instead of matching my chaotic morning schedule, and I sipped my mocha while God quieted my thoughts.

And I suddenly felt hugged. Hugged by my God, who can apparently use jazz and caramel mochas to hug me. It was as if He wrapped His arms around me and whispered, "It's all gonna be okay. I'm giving you the strength you need for the moment you need it. You're going to make it through this." And my heart felt so much more peaceful than it has in a while.

I know, it seems strange. And I certainly do not intend to sound flippant or disrespectful, but I think God uses jazz and caramel mochas when he gives hugs.

MelodyB

sunlight

titushome

Quote from: SippinTea on February 22, 2008, 05:55:18 AM
And I suddenly felt hugged. Hugged by my God, who can apparently use jazz and caramel mochas to hug me. It was as if He wrapped His arms around me and whispered, "It's all gonna be okay. I'm giving you the strength you need for the moment you need it. You're going to make it through this." And my heart felt so much more peaceful than it has in a while.

Where do you come up with this stuff?

(That was really good.  If I could come up with that kind of material, I'd have a dozen good songs in my back pocket.)
"You stir man to take pleasure in praising you, because you have made us for yourself, and our heart is restless until it rests in you."
- Augustine

SippinTea

BOL! That was high praise coming from you, Don. Thanks for making my day. :)

Tell ya what.... if you promise to write a dozen good songs for me to listen to... I'll give you the right to use it. ;)

*Hugs* Chel 'cause she's coolER.

MelodyB

Hey Don!! :hi: Nice of you to drop in! Hope all is going well!

:pwink:

RainbowJingles

Oooo!  I wanna hear the hugged my jazz and caramel mocha song!  THAT will be COOL!!

I can imagine it as a jazzed up version of the tune of
"I'm a one-God Apostolic..."

:clap2:

*slows down the tune to a jazzy crawl*

Wayaal, I'yuv baaen huuuged by-iy some jazzy music playin' whayal aya wuza sippin my care-a-mail mocha.

O' course, the verses would start out sort of bluesish, talking about a rough day and the lack of hugs...

Wow!  It could really have some fun possibilities!  lol

Write it, Titus!  WRITE IT!!!

SippinTea

Quote from: RainbowJingles on March 20, 2008, 07:23:48 PM
*slows down the tune to a jazzy crawl*

Wayaal, I'yuv baaen huuuged by-iy some jazzy music playin' whayal aya wuza sippin my care-a-mail mocha.

Oh gracious. That sounded like a country drawl there, Elona. And Titus can't have the rights to the jazz and caramel mocha line if he's going to be crazy enough to write country music.  :tantrum: _Anything_ but country would be okay.... even rap.  :biglaugh:

sunlight

and ST said i sound like you elona... hmm...

MelodyB

titushome

Quote from: SippinTea on March 21, 2008, 04:59:00 AM
And Titus can't have the rights to the jazz and caramel mocha line if he's going to be crazy enough to write country music.  :tantrum: _Anything_ but country would be okay.... even rap.  :biglaugh:

YO!  Check it out, ya'll!
It's the jazz and care-ah-mawl
mocha rap standin' tawl....

I give up already.  As well I should.
"You stir man to take pleasure in praising you, because you have made us for yourself, and our heart is restless until it rests in you."
- Augustine

RainbowJingles