News:

What happens if you get scared half to death twice? -Steven Wright

Main Menu

Ramblings (not neccesarily by Classic)

Started by SippinTea, November 17, 2006, 04:31:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MelodyB

Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

amanda18

everyone thinks im a bad kid.. I never ment to be this way and if I really am as bad as everyone says I am why can't I see it.. I don't know how to over come a problem that I don't even know I have..

JUST DANCE!!

SippinTea

*Hugs* Amanda

I'm a bad kid, too. *smile* Suppose we hang out together....whaddya say? ;)

:beret:
"Not everything that is of God is easy." -Elona

"When you're wildly in love with someone, it changes everything." -F. Chan

"A real live hug anytime you want it is priceless." -Rachel

MelodyB

amanda18

JUST DANCE!!

SippinTea

In an attempt to NOT threadjack in other areas (again!).... ;)

Elona, the song you posted for me got me thinking. Several lines really jumped out at me...

"To step out of my comfort zone into the realm of the unknown "--Scary, that
"Reminding me of all the times I've tried before and failed"--Uhhhh.... yeah. Exactly.
"But the stone was just the right size"--He's provided me with what I need... I just have to make use of it. And sometimes the answer is right under my nose.
"I will soar with the wings of eagles when i stop and listen to the sound of Jesus"--*mutters to self* Focus on the right things, Girl, focus.
"The voice of truth says do not be afraid And the voice of truth says this is for my glory "--That's the whole point, right there. Now if only I can remember that...

RainbowJingles

Tell me about it, girlie.  TELL me about it!

What about this part, though:

To step out of my comfort zone into the realm of the unknown where Jesus is...  :-)

I like that whole thing strung together.  He's in the unknown.  Faith lives in the unknown.

RainbowJingles

Faith is the top rung of the ladder that you can't see in the fog.
Faith is the step just beneath the surface of the murky waters that is there to secure your footing.
Faith is the Father waiting on the ground when the child jumps out of the window at the mere sound of His voice.
Faith is that substance.

sunlight

:attackhug: Be full of hugs!

RainbowJingles

SippinTea

:sadbounce: I can't see it on my computer.

Btw, Elona... I liked your thoughts. Thanks. :)

RainbowJingles

Thanks, ST.
I'm feeling inspired today.
Probably has something to do with my journaling rampage last night.  lol

SippinTea

"Obedient lives flow from obedient days, and victorious lives flow from victorious days."
"No matter how long the detour has been, the return is only a shortcut away."
                                   --both quotes from Beth Moore

amanda18

As I looked at the rain on my last day of school, feeling a little down because I should have made more of an attempt to witness more.. I came up with a saying "every rain drop is a tear from Jesus. Every tear Drop is a lost soul.." My friend from church looked at me with tears in her eyes and shouted AMANDA YOU STINK!! it's such a stupid saying.. my mouth hurts.. I was dragged to the alther yesterday by my old lady friend because I was feeling down and I didn't wanna go to the alther. then after I went to the alther.. I couldant stop smileing.. I still am.. Everything is so awesome and neat.. my wisdom tooth hurts PRAISE GOD!!!

JUST DANCE!!

SippinTea

For restoring me
For blessing me
For renewing the dream
Thank You

For the grace You've shown
For the mercy You've given
For Your love unfailing
Thank You

For catching me when I stumble
For picking me up and dusting me off
For giving me hope that my future doesn't have to be like my past
Thank You

For a song on my lips
For the joy in my heart
For the peace in my mind
Thank You

For sending Your Son
For taking my place
For bearing my shame
Thank You

For salvation
For freedom
For everything You are
Thank You

MelodyB

RainbowJingles

amanda18

HI guys!!! hows it goin??? Jesus is cool and neat and he loves us all!!!! I look awesome today! hope I can find me a husband!! i'm getting old!! AHH! I still feel 5.. LOL :)

JUST DANCE!!

SippinTea

Jesus, please forgive me for my unbelief. If my human mind cannot understand the depth of Your love, then at least let me grasp the truth of its existence. In moments I can catch a glimpse of Your great mercy, but in the times when I don't 'feel' forgiven, let me latch onto Your promises and give me eyes of faith to believe what I cannot see or feel. In moments I see flashes of the bigger picture, but when I can't, may I trust You to guide my foot safely to the next step. In moments I'm allowed to see You moving, but during seasons when I can't see You or feel You working, let me remember You ARE working and that Your timing is ever so much better than my own.

MelodyB

amanda18

praise Jesus!! Glory to his name forever!!! He's doing a great work in my life!!!! i'm changeing.. I'm becomeing the person he's called me to be. it's still going to take alot of work but i'm getting better.. I'm so happy!!!! Thank you JESUS!!!

JUST DANCE!!

newkris

i am doing some journal writing for one of my classes.  thought you guys might like this one.  not exactly "spiritual," but applies to the brevity of life and appreciating those who God has given you.

-------------------------------------------------

Life and Death

I sent a text to my kids today.  "I love you.  Drive carefully."  I'm sure they think I've lost my marbles, again.  The next time I talk to them I can explain about the pictures I saw at work today.  The totaled car, the staunch standing pole, the senior pictures, the mother's voice. 

Many days I dislike my job because the work is just too constantly demanding.  There isn't room to have a bad day.  I can't make mistakes.  All roads lead back to my desk.  It's the nature of the beast.  But on days like this where I have to type a factual memo about a life taken too soon, I hate my job.  I want to sit at my desk and cry in mourning for this girl barely my son's age that will never live a full, rewarding life.  But I can't.  I have to be professional, type the memo, get the letter ready. 

There is a natural sense of guilt for having my children alive and healthy and happy.  Part of me wonders when I'll wake from this dream.  When will the past overcome the present?  Or can it really be that my lifetime has changed the tide of my family history?  I try to just enjoy them, to revel in the success of their lives.  I have memorized their casual smiles and deep laughter hoping I'll never need to recall it from the vault of that memory, but will continue to make deposits.  If I close my eyes, I can feel my grandbabies' curious hands moving over my face and smell their baby powder skin.  Close enough to love them not close enough to be smothering.

I am sorry for the mother who won't feel her grandbabies' touch.  I can't replay the day for her to make her daughter take another route.  Instead, I pray as I type the memo and concentrate so I perform my role to the best of my ability in an effort to smooth the future for her. 
\\\\\\\"i want to say more than words when i write\\\\\\\" - kent d. curry
me, too.

myspace.com\\\\\\\\krisknowshim
there are times in the whirlwind of my fragile life that i have hidden under your words, your voice.

SippinTea

SippinTea

*Hugs* Sunlight.... because.

A random hug in a random place for someone as random as me.  :updown:

sunlight