Ramblings (not neccesarily by Classic)

Started by SippinTea, November 17, 2006, 04:31:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SippinTea

Mulling life over. Sounds like a pretty broad topic, but that's not how I'm looking at it. I'm thinking of the little things: the road accident we were the first to 'happen' on, the online friend that suddenly became an accountability partner, the lighthearted chat in a coffee shop that turned abruptly serious, the guy that checked my tires before the trip, bumping into an old friend.

The road accident? Yeah, that was all about a man who, in a split-second, lost his wife on their vacation.
The online friend turned accountability partner? That one was all about a God-ordained understanding of something that other people missed.
The chat that turned serious? That one was about a fellow believer with some big questions about faith and how to live it out.
The guy in the tire shop? He hadn't been the one assigned to my car. Would the other person have done the job correctly?
The old friend? Not sure where that one's going, but I'm pretty sure it wasn't 'chance'.

See, it's like this: the word 'coincidence' isn't in God's vocabulary. He's got a plan.

You know what I mean.... those little moments that become big moments.
That 'chance meeting' in a laundromat--with an atheist who needs Jesus.
The dog that ran in front of your car and made you slow down--just before you entered the school zone and a child darted out.
That random trip to the library--and seeing that lady crying on a cell phone.

Sometimes the reason for those 'chance' things is immediately apparent. Other times, we don't see the reason for a long time.... maybe never. Regardless, He knows what He's doing.

Here's another way I'm viewing it: We're putting a puzzle together, and God is handing us pieces. Sometimes we see immediately where they fit, and other times we hold them in our hand until another day, when we see where they belong.

And sometimes we try and try and try to make a piece go where we want it to go, and He says patiently, "It doesn't go there. Try the next place." And we wail and say "Why doesn't it fit here?"

You'd think we could remember between times....the word 'coincidence' isn't in God's vocabulary. And He's got a plan.

:beret: The Nun who is Mulling the Muddles
"Not everything that is of God is easy." -Elona

"When you're wildly in love with someone, it changes everything." -F. Chan

"A real live hug anytime you want it is priceless." -Rachel

MelodyB

Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

titushome

"You stir man to take pleasure in praising you, because you have made us for yourself, and our heart is restless until it rests in you."
- Augustine

SippinTea

Classicrambler

I think she typed it, actually. Not bad...you're starting to think like your cousin!

SippinTea

Thank you.

That _was_ a compliment, wasn't it?? ;)

:beret:

amanda18

JUST DANCE!!

RainbowJingles

amanda18

Just sitting here reading something I wrote in kindergarden on febuary 2nd of 1995.
It says if I had a hundred dollers I'd buy skates boots a turtle and a caterpillar..  :waving:

JUST DANCE!!

RainbowJingles

Hmmm...  so how many of those have you had in your possession since your kindergarten days?  lol

amanda18

I got boots in 3rd grade.. One of my only shopping experiances with my dad.
I had skates too lion king ones. I can't skate anymore I became to clumbsey but I could then
I had a turtle I found it in middle of the road but my mom made me get rid of it as soon as we went up the block to some water..
I had a caterpillar but i didn't know what to feed it so it died..
SO I had all of it!! plus a glow worm!!

JUST DANCE!!

SippinTea

And Ruby is rambling yet again...

You might have already read my post in the sharing thread about the East Indian man that was baptized tonight, but I wanted to go a bit farther with the ramblings. We've been praying for, reaching out to, loving, helping, sharing with these people for 16 years now, but because their culture is so bound in darkness and evil spirits, it's been vvvveeeeeerrrrrrrryyyy slow going. And there have been more times than I can count when we've asked ourselves, "Is it really worth all this?"  But it was, and it still is. Tonight we're able to celebrate another milestone, and I'm so grateful to God for what He's doing.

The song Resurrection is running over and over through my head tonight. It's so amazing that God can use such faulty creatures to spread His Good News. On one hand, I'm facing my own battles (and I'll be the first in line to admit I have many faults and failings), but at the same time... I know I've played a part in what has lead to the celebration this evening.

I'm seeing (yet again!) that God can take suffering and death and bring about something beautiful and full of life.

And yet.... I need my own resurrection.

"I'm at a loss for words, there's nothing to say
I sit in silence wondering what led me to this place
How did my heart become so lifeless and cold
Where did the passion go?

When all my efforts seem like chasing wind
I've used up all my strength and there's nothing left to give
I've lost the feeling and I'm down to the core
I can't fake it anymore.

chorus:
Here I am at the end I'm in need of resurrection
Only You can take this empty shell and raise it from the dead
What I've lost to the world what seems far beyond redemption
You can take the pieces in Your hand and make me whole again, again

You speak and all creation falls to its knees
You raise Your hand and calm the waves of the raging sea
You have a way of turning winter to spring
Make something beautiful out of all this suffering

chorus 2:
Here I am once again I'm in need of resurrection
Only You can take this empty shell and raise it from the dead
What I've lost to the world what seems far beyond redemption
You can take the pieces in Your hand and make me whole again, again

You have a way of turning winter to spring
Make something beautiful out of all this suffering"
Resurrection--by Nicol Sponberg

Thank You, Jesus, that when I've given up... You don't. Thank You that You can take something dead and breathe life into it once again. Thank You that You do in fact turn winter into spring.... that Your mercies are new every morning.... that You give the strength I need for the battles I face... that at one word from You the storm is calmed... and that I can trust You to know the exact moment my storm needs to be calmed, so as not to overwhelm me entirely. Thank You that You can take broken pieces and put them back together, and that You can bring beauty out of suffering... and not just 'can', but You DO.

MelodyB

SippinTea

In a moment of brutal honesty, I'm admitting that I have felt like giving up during the past year. The battle seemed too big, the enemy seemed too strong, and I have felt like I was drowning. I'd come up long enough to take a breath, only to have a huge wave push me under and hold me down against my will. But faith is not a feeling, and faith says God's got my hand tight in His grip, and I know He's going to bring me safely to shore.

And tonight I had one of those 'God moments' where something came a little clearer to me.

Revelation 12:10,11—"And I heard a loud voice saying in heaven, Now is come salvation, and strength, and the kingdom of our God, and the power of his Christ: for the accuser of our brethren is cast down, which accused them before our God day and night. And they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb, and by the word of their testimony; and they loved not their lives unto the death."

If we overcome our enemy by the blood of the Lamb and by the word of our testimony, then that means we are only responsible for sharing our testimony.. because Jesus already gave His blood for us. And sharing the things God has already done for me? That, I can do.

II Chronicles 20:15—"Thus saith the LORD unto you, Be not afraid nor dismayed by reason of this great multitude; for the battle is not yours, but God's."

John 16:33—"These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world."

I John 4:4—"Ye are of God, little children, and have overcome them: because greater is he that is in you, than he that is in the world."

I John 5:4—"For whatsoever is born of God overcometh the world: and this is the victory that overcometh the world, even our faith."

*grabs her beret with both hands and jams it tight on her head*

MelodyB

*wipes tears*

Thanks Ruby...I needed that.

amanda18

dried out and cracked.
Throw it away
Oh look at that busted broken up clay.
In the potters hands It's becoming something new.
What is this clay?
it is you

JUST DANCE!!

RainbowJingles

Yup.  What ST and Amanda said.

God is still good.  :-)

amanda18

Fuzz is Funnn!!!! WOOT FUZZ!! I like fuzy things like teddy bears and fuzzy socks and puppys and kittys and otherrandom fuzzy things like..... microphone covers!!!  :clap:

JUST DANCE!!

SippinTea

Had several 'DING' moments today. Not exactly any thoughts that are new or grand, but they were new and grand to me... even though I would have told you I believed them, had you asked me yesterday. But today they became 'mine'.

'DING' One—Looking at Hebrews 1:3a "Who being the brightness of his glory, and the express image of his person..."

That being the case, the traits I see in Jesus are traits I can find in God. My perception of God should be no different than my perception of Jesus, because He is God in flesh. Therefore, when I see compassion in Jesus, I can see compassion in God. And I should not assume I'll find disgust or rejection in God, when I see the way Jesus was patient and forgiving towards people's failings. I should realize that God cares about the little things in my life when I see how Jesus did not disregard small needs or 'unimportant' people. When I see Jesus' gentle touch in evidence, why should I see God as any different?

'DING' Two—Looking at John 10:28-29 "I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; no one can snatch them out of my hand. My Father, who has given them to me, is greater than all; no one can snatch them out of my Father's hand."

This means me. No one can snatch me away from Jesus. I could turn and walk away from Him (God forbid!) but no one else can take me away from Him.

'DING' Three—Looking at Matthew 8:23-27 "And when he was entered into a ship, his disciples followed him. And, behold, there arose a great tempest in the sea, insomuch that the ship was covered with the waves: but he was asleep. And his disciples came to him, and awoke him, saying, Lord, save us: we perish. And he saith unto them, Why are ye fearful, O ye of little faith? Then he arose, and rebuked the winds and the sea; and there was a great calm. But the men marvelled, saying, What manner of man is this, that even the winds and the sea obey him!"

Even though the storm in my life may be going wild, He's right there with me, and when He decides I've had enough He'll rebuke the wind and waves and make the storm stop. But in the meantime I'm going to be quiet and still, and trust Him. Because the wind and waves cannot capsize my boat; they can only threaten.

:beret: The Re-focusing Apostolic Nun who is (slowly) learning to keep her eyes on Jesus

MelodyB

SippinTea

While I was at the ocean this past week a woman from Indiana was on the rocks nearby, watching the waves and looking for mussels, when a large wave thundered in and completely surrounded the rock she was on. She was safe on the the top point, and as the tide was going out, the water would momentarily recede and give her a clear path back to higher ground. But she didn't know that. She looked at me across the expanse of water with fear in her eyes, and silently pleaded for help.

"You're fine," I assured her. "Just stand still until the water level goes down. That was a big wave, so it might take a couple minutes, but don't worry... you're safe. I know. I'm from here."

Made me think of life and of walking with God. Sometimes you just need someone that's a little further down the road to look back and say, "You're fine. Just stand still. I've been where you are and you're going to make it. You're safe. I know. I've been there."

MelodyB

amanda18

Life is so GOOD!!! I'm blessed!! I got a new friend..

JUST DANCE!!

SippinTea

Psalm 139 (NIV) in pictures.

O LORD, you have searched me and you know me.

You know when I sit and when I rise;

you perceive my thoughts from afar.

You discern my going out and my lying down;

you are familiar with all my ways.
Before a word is on my tongue
you know it completely, O LORD.
You hem me in—behind and before;

you have laid your hand upon me.

Such knowledge is too wonderful for me,
too lofty for me to attain.
Where can I go from your Spirit?
Where can I flee from your presence?

If I go up to the heavens, you are there;

if I make my bed in the depths, you are there.

If I rise on the wings of the dawn,
if I settle on the far side of the sea,
even there your hand will guide me,

your right hand will hold me fast.

If I say, "Surely the darkness will hide me
and the light become night around me,"
even the darkness will not be dark to you;
the night will shine like the day,

for darkness is as light to you.

For you created my inmost being;

you knit me together in my mother's womb.

I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made;
your works are wonderful,
I know that full well.
My frame was not hidden from you

when I was made in the secret place.

When I was woven together in the depths of the earth,
your eyes saw my unformed body.
All the days ordained for me

were written in your book

before one of them came to be.
How precious to me are your thoughts, O God!
How vast is the sum of them!
Were I to count them,

they would outnumber the grains of sand.

When I awake,
I am still with you.
If only you would slay the wicked, O God!
Away from me, you bloodthirsty men!
They speak of you with evil intent;
your adversaries misuse your name.
Do I not hate those who hate you, O LORD,
and abhor those who rise up against you?
I have nothing but hatred for them;
I count them my enemies.

Search me, O God, and know my heart;

test me and know my anxious thoughts.

See if there is any offensive way in me,

and lead me in the way everlasting.

Sister_Mom

Thank you for posting that. Awesome. Love the images you chose too.

Quote from: SippinTea on October 31, 2007, 05:39:04 AM

When I was woven together in the depths of the earth,
your eyes saw my unformed body.

All the days ordained for me
were written in your book before one of them came to be.

Not enough words in all the languages in the world can express how amazing and loving and merciful God is.
God determines who walks into your life....it's up to you to decide who you let walk away, who you let stay, and who you refuse to let go.