News:

Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it. -Steven Wright

Main Menu

Ramblings (not neccesarily by Classic)

Started by SippinTea, November 17, 2006, 04:31:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SippinTea

We will. But.... today she was in her heels, and I still hadn't put my shoes on yet.... and David suddenly says, "Look! You're _still_ taller than Mary!" :)

:beret:
"Not everything that is of God is easy." -Elona

"When you're wildly in love with someone, it changes everything." -F. Chan

"A real live hug anytime you want it is priceless." -Rachel

MelodyB

BOL!!

David is so sweet, he didnt know quite what to say today when I told him how much I liked his pictures!
Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

SippinTea

As some of you know, we got evacuated out of our house yesterday because of a fire that was heading our way. It was the strangest feeling. Knowing we only had a few minutes to grab a couple things and get out of there. Odd how your mind races.... "What are the things I would regret not grabbing, and what things are just not important?" Thought were running pell-mell through my mind as I scanned down a mental list. My books? Nah, they can be easily replaced. (Well, most of them.) Clothes? No big deal. They stay. Bible? Duh, that's the first thing going out with me! Financial info? Quick to grab, and hard to reconstruct later. Yeah, it goes too. Camera? Electronic stuff? Forget it. I don't need it anyway. Pictures? I can't possible get them all, but which ones would we/I most miss? Daddy's and Mama's wedding album, and our baby pics. It was the oddest feeling. But the whole experience reminded me of just how temporal our 'stuff' is. And how we really don't need it all anyway.

I'm very thankful my house is still standing, complete with its contents.... but even if it weren't--it's all just 'stuff' anyway.

My family is all okay, and that's what I most want.

MelodyB

I know the feeling. We have evacuated for Hurricanes before...although we had more time than you guys did...but I know what you mean.

I am SO glad you guys are safe and your house is alright too. They may be temporary things, but its nice to still have them. :)

*HUG*

SippinTea

MelodyB

apsurf

Glad to hear all was okay with the house and your family.

SippinTea

Thanks. I'm glad too. :)

Strangely enough, there have been 4 or 5 fires in the last week or so that appear to have all been human-caused. Very odd, and makes me wonder....

MelodyB

NO!! I am not in OR...and Mom took my Lysol remember?

It wasnt me.  :tantrum:

RainbowJingles

Sister_Mom

Funny how every time Melody wants to deny being involved with a fire she says I took her Lysol, yet she seems to keep coming up with more of it somehow. Hmmm....
God determines who walks into your life....it's up to you to decide who you let walk away, who you let stay, and who you refuse to let go.

MelodyB

Thats cause I have a free pass to Wal-Mart... :freaky2:

"You cant take my joy, Devil!!"

Sister_Mom

Quote from: MelodyB on August 16, 2007, 03:17:10 AM
Thats cause I have a free pass to Wal-Mart... :freaky2:

I think you also have some help.  *cough* Ruby *ahem* Tricia Lea *cough*
God determines who walks into your life....it's up to you to decide who you let walk away, who you let stay, and who you refuse to let go.

MelodyB

*hands Mom a cough drop*

You need some water?

Sister_Mom

MelodyB

Classicrambler

Quote from: SippinTea on August 13, 2007, 04:46:56 AM
A very short ramble (pun intended, since it's in reference to Mary) ;) .....

I was sitting in church tonight thinking how great it was to finally meet Mary, be able to get a _real_ hug from her, and to see her face when I chat with her.  And then I got to thinking how great it will be to see Jesus, and how long I've been looking forward to seeing _Him_ someday, and how great it will be to just be with Him.

:biglaugh: Something similar struck me today too...ya know, 'through a glass darkly'...etc, etc, etc

amanda18

The best kind of cheetos are suprise cheetos, You know the kind that you find in the couch 3 weeks after the bag is gone!!!

JUST DANCE!!

Nerd

:-?

Well, at that point the 'orange-finger-staining property' should be at a minimum, at least.

Classicrambler

SippinTea

Nerd

:o

What???

You know where they've BEEN?

In a bag of chee-to's.

Duh.

:biglaugh: