We Won’t Talk About Elves in Sharing 512

Started by The Purple Fuzzy, February 21, 2019, 09:53:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roscoe

Quote from: sunlight on March 02, 2019, 03:08:53 AMYou are selling the mkz? I promise not to tell Robbie. Lol!

Lol. We sold it to Kim.
Hi, all. Went to  Russellville to  hamfest. Bought one tiny meter. Saw alot of radios I would like but didn't need.
Now we are in Conway  to grocery shop. I'm whipped and want a recliner.
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Heather

MIL is home as of last night. She made an amazing recovery considering how things could have turned out had husband not threatened her to go to the ER. However, my pastor and his wife showed up at the hospital right before she got released. Not only did it make a connection to them, but it meant a HUGE deal to husband so YAY.

Was called into work today to make up some missed time for the hospital. I now don't have a day off until NEXT sunday. Granted Thursday evening to Saturday I'll be at TN Ladies Conference. So technically work days off, but are they really?
Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali

Roscoe

It's cold here again. That rodent that predicts weather better not show his hide here, or I'll have it tanned and turned into a fleece lined blanket. Went in late last night and finished the nagging little items for the class a week from Monday. Got back home around midnight, couldn't sleep until 2am.
 Tomorrow will be a busy day. Several people scheduled to come in, and I think that's when we have to go sign papers on the car.
 It's sad that, even though I enjoy my job, I still wind up "pre-dreading" the work week. :lol:

And in other news- there's a large pot roast with carrots and potatoes cooking. I'm fixing to make some cole slaw and we gonna eat right this afternoon before church...reminds me of my childhood when this was a Sunday tradition. Daddy didn't go to church, but I remember leaving the house with mama to go to church and Daddy would be in the kitchen, putting a roast on so that when we got out of church we would have a great dinner.
Funny how the older you get, the easier it is for memories to ambush you. Just a smell, or a simple act like cooking a roast, and I'm dawdling off through thirty years of memories, enjoying them- with a touch of pain from missing those that meant everything to me.
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Roscoe

Ugh. Monday. Again. Monday, Thou art not my friend. And it is COLD. Like 19. My beautiful Flowering Cherry will likely lose its blooms over this mass stupidity by Mother Nature. :pound:

Heather

Home for lunch. Worked at the Zone this am and going in for my working interview at the animal hospital this afternoon.

I have a weird problem. My mom went on a date this weekend. I have such a jumble of mixed emotions about it. It's been 14 months since dad passed. My mom is only 53. She's young. I don't want her alone. But it's still soooooo weird!!!!!

Nelle

Heather - I think that's hard for anyone that's ever experienced it. I can't imagine either of my parents with anyone else, but I hope I would be able to get past it for their happiness. Doesn't minimize the weirdness of how it would feel tho! Kinda like if I dwell on if I passed away and Jeremy getting remarried, haha. It's weird to ponder.

@Work. I've not recovered yet from Tuesday's sickly onset. Jeremy went to the VA yesterday and I think they basically told him he has a cold/sinus congestion. I'm ready to stop coughing (seriously.. tickles in your throat should not make you cough lol) and having congestion. I also would like good long sleeping at night. :)

Our "bosses" just left for a Jamaican vacation today. One of our suppliers has a program where you buy from them a certain amount over the year and they give you a certain amount of trips. Part of me wishes I could go, but the other part of me is glad I don't have to travel on a plane and deal with the supplier while you're there, etc. lol.. Altho the sun and no work would be niiiice.

I'm also over the cold. I really hate extreme anything, because I like average haha. I'm going to complain just as much this summer about being so tired of being hot, as much as I've complained about being so cold. I like snow, it's pretty, but it's clingy and needs to find a new place to go. :)

Roscoe

:hi:
 Monday behind me. Received approval of my action plan for the upcoming class. Now I remember why I abhor the idea of returning to college.
Went by and signed papers for Lou's car, then went by the dealership and paid for it. I was kinda annoyed by the dealer, as he acted almost irritated by me buying the car. I'm spending what to me is a HUGE chunk of money, and all you did was hand me the keys and fill out two pieces of paper. The least you could do is pretend to be happy about the sale....
Then on the way home, I figured out why he wasn't the happiest.. He'd priced me the car thinking I was trading in Lou's car, which he would have paid me $5-6k for and sold it for $8k. Then I contacted Kim, and sold it to her for what I owed, which deprived him of the $2-$3k of profit on Lou's old car.

So he probably didn't make much at all on the sale of the new car to us. His price WAS very competative compared to other MKX's for sale in the area. I truely didn't mean to skin him to the bone, but I still feel like he kinda got to me when I bought the Jeep last summer, so I feel no guilt. Most dealers will say and do anything to sell a ride.

The Purple Fuzzy

My sisters house burned yesterday. What a mess.

Lynx

Fuzzy: !!!
Everybody survived though, right?

Bobby: I hear you on car dealers. A member of our church was an honest car salesman, but he died last year. Next time I need a car, I dunno what I'm gonna do.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

The Purple Fuzzy

Roscoe

Man, I hate to read that, Fuzz. Here's hoping and praying things get normal for them quickly.
I'm back at work. No more bailing early for a while either...

Heather

Hugs to PF's sister [as long as she's the hugging type] and family.

Work interview I felt went well yesterday. I was there 5 hours. Leave for ladies conference in 2 days and still haven't done anything to prep. No laundry. Not even sure where my suitcase is. Haven't cleaned out the car. I'll get to it at some point I suppose.

Just home on lunch, grabbing a sandwich then back for 4 more hours. I started looking forward to my nap today last night right after dinner.  :cool:

mini

Sorry to hear that PF.

Morning everyone.  Im tired.  I read a quote yesterday that spoke to me:  "I want to be like a caterpillar. Eat a lot. Sleep for a while. Wake up beautiful."
DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

Roscoe

You should revise that Mini....Eat a while. Sleep alot. You'll never wake up beautiful.
 Fighting extreme boredom.  Internet crashed 45 minutes  ago. We have ground to a halt.

Roscoe

All day?  Over 24 hours? Where is everyone?

I had a busy day today. This is the first chance I've head to check in....

The Purple Fuzzy

We've been busy. Made a quick trip to see Chel.

sunlight

Was cleaning out a hoarders house. You can now see the tile floor in part of one room, and the counter in the kitchen. Tons more to do... as long as he stays on board and can keep it up. This is the most progress he's allowed in over 5 years.
  :attackhug: Be full of hugs!

Roscoe

Quote from: sunlight on March 07, 2019, 01:08:13 PMWas cleaning out a hoarders house. You can now see the tile floor in part of one room, and the counter in the kitchen. Tons more to do... as long as he stays on board and can keep it up. This is the most progress he's allowed in over 5 years.

Hoarder as in interesting items? Or hoarder as in old pizza boxes, newspapers, ect? Cause I've seen both..
I worked for a woman one time as a teen...her farm was immaculate. Barns were neat, trucks clean, especially for a farm truck,  she was always neatly dressed. Then she took me in to get a drink one hot summer day. Newspapers stacked as high as your head, boxes upon boxes and bags of trash- and a neat path that you had to turn sideways to get through , from her kitchen, to her chair where she slept, to her bathroom. Blew my mind. It's truly a mental disorder I believe.

Morning all. Back at work. Today I have office visits. Tomorrow is home visits. Then that week long class... Ready to get it over with and get to vacation.

sunlight

Quote from: Roscoe on March 07, 2019, 01:50:12 PM
Quote from: sunlight on March 07, 2019, 01:08:13 PMWas cleaning out a hoarders house. You can now see the tile floor in part of one room, and the counter in the kitchen. Tons more to do... as long as he stays on board and can keep it up. This is the most progress he's allowed in over 5 years.

Hoarder as in interesting items? Or hoarder as in old pizza boxes, newspapers, ect? Cause I've seen both..
I worked for a woman one time as a teen...her farm was immaculate. Barns were neat, trucks clean, especially for a farm truck,  she was always neatly dressed. Then she took me in to get a drink one hot summer day. Newspapers stacked as high as your head, boxes upon boxes and bags of trash- and a neat path that you had to turn sideways to get through , from her kitchen, to her chair where she slept, to her bathroom. Blew my mind. It's truly a mental disorder I believe.

Morning all. Back at work. Today I have office visits. Tomorrow is home visits. Then that week long class... Ready to get it over with and get to vacation.

An even mix of the 2 I believe. He grew up with nothing. Like- nothing as in couldn't even have food for 3 days nothing. So he sees value in everything. Part of it is easy- because it's just trash. Old mail. Old food containers. And part of it is hard. Old computers, a tttoonnnn of tools, stuff left from his wife that he's had a hard time letting go of, and food. A stockpile of food.
  :attackhug: Be full of hugs!

The Purple Fuzzy

Your childhood impacts your whole life most of the time.

mini

Quote from: The Purple Fuzzy on March 08, 2019, 02:40:44 PMYour childhood impacts your whole life most of the time.

That explains the nervous twitch I have around my parents...LOL
DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

Roscoe

Quote from: The Purple Fuzzy on March 08, 2019, 02:40:44 PMYour childhood impacts your whole life most of the time.
This is true. My grandmother grew up in the Great Depression. Very rough. In her later years, she was financially comfortable, but never overcame her habits from not having enough to eat as a child. I remember when I was in my early 20s, my family travelled to New York to see her.
She rationed my grandfather to two hours of TV and lamp a day because of the electric bill. Heat was set at 40 degrees- they would wrap up in blankets and look out the window. They went to bed when the sun went down, again because of the electric bill. I took her and grandpa to Mcdonald's and paid- at the time, around $25. My grandmother nearly have a fit telling me how much money I wasted, and how I shouldn't have done that for them. She then proceeded to cut her sandwich in half and carefully saved it and half of her fries "for supper".

Loved her to pieces, but she told me that she could remember how it felt to not have anything, and she would never do that again. Sad that her childhood impacted her to that point, and she died an old woman, living like a pauper..I have no idea what she actually had monetarily when she passed, but my aunt (who deserved every dime, since she took care of Grandma while the rest of the family moved away and were busy with their life) apparently did well. Family lore is that Grandma had a decent little nest egg while living broke.

The Purple Fuzzy

The church I grew up in has lost 4 elders in less than 3 months.

Roscoe

:hi:
Started off stormy today and a TON of rain and wind. It calmed down and turned off sunny, warm and beautiful around lunch though. Chey and I just got back from hiking on Petit Jean. That mile and a half trail felt ten miles long to me, but she got some beautiful pictures.

The Purple Fuzzy

I think we skipped spring. We went from winter to summer. It's 80* today.