News:

Monday is an awful way to spend 1/7th of your life. -Steven Wright

Main Menu

Every one weigh in here in sharing 510!!!

Started by taco_harvell, June 24, 2018, 04:52:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MsJennJenn

I hate winter. Loath it actually. It's literally rained all week here. I'm over it.

I'm eating hot chicken noodle soup. Wanted some bread and butter but the bread was bad. :roll:
Don't have any crackers either. Boo.
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

Roscoe

Spent all day on the road doing home visits. Got sick towards the evening. Pretty much spent all evening in my recliner sick.
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

The Purple Fuzzy

Heather

I caved to husband pressure and turned on our heat this morning. I have it set so low though it hasnt kicked on yet. Ha!

Tidying up the house a bit, baby shower for a sister at church this afternoon, then 2 families from church are coming to my town and we are grabbing pizza at a Chicago style place. Things like this are making the difference in Brandon's walk (or baby steps....I'm still believing and I know what God has shown me)
Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali

The Purple Fuzzy

Roscoe

Been somewhat lazy today. Made homemade bread to go with Lou's homemade chicken noodle soup. Just read a flea market find "One night with the King" by Tommy Tenney. A very good book, kind of a fictionalized, but biblically accurate story of Esther.
I absolutely love this type of book- stays true to the Bible, but makes the bible character much more relatable and puts  them into perspective- they were REALLY human, with all the doubts, faults and issues we have. My personal library has acquired several of the genre.

I've got "I,Saul", "Matthew's Story", "John's Story",  and "Killing Jesus" in addition to today's finds and other books.
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

MelodyB

Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

sunlight

:attackhug: Be full of hugs!

Nelle

It's a chilly morning, but it's going to get into the 60s today.. while I'm still inside at a desk, but I can go outside sometime!

Husband has jury duty today. He's irritated about losing his day's wages, but once the case starts, I know he will be enthralled, haha. We are praying that it is only a day's long case because we do not want to keep losing his wages. They do pay you some, but when you're able to earn this much OT this time of year, it's nowhere near a drop in the bucket. If they let out at a decent time, he's promised his postmaster to come into work afterwards. That makes me nervous because I don't want to be here until 10pm tonight, haha. We haaaave to start seriously looking at finances for a second vehicle.

Short, but good weekend. I enjoyed it. :)

Lynx

Hmph. The ambient external temperature was 34F when I was supposed to leave on my bike. Bleh. To add insult to icicles, when I am driving my minivan home it will be above 60. Bleh. I was half temped to bike this morning anyway and freeze, but I'd rather be half tempted and not than bike and be all frozen.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

mini

Quote from: Lynx on October 22, 2018, 01:12:10 PMHmph. The ambient external temperature was 34F when I was supposed to leave on my bike. Bleh. To add insult to icicles, when I am driving my minivan home it will be above 60. Bleh. I was half temped to bike this morning anyway and freeze, but I'd rather be half tempted and not than bike and be all frozen.

I did that earlier this year (in a way).  We have a Jeep and I drove to work with the soft top off.  It was 40ish.  It was nearly 70 on the way home.
DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

The Purple Fuzzy

My son is going to be moving and it'll be just a few miles from seth. :o

Lynx

Has your son been hanging around any Amish enough to pick up some tricks? He could help Seth out...
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

Roscoe

Quote from: The Purple Fuzzy on October 22, 2018, 02:05:31 PMMy son is going to be moving and it'll be just a few miles from seth. :o
I shall be in prayer for your son.. :hypocrite:
Wow. What a day. So far, I've had to take two to jail, listen to both cry and snot like 6 year olds, and have likely completely ticked off their families, through no fault of my own. Oh well. I remind myself that I'm here to do a job, not be everyone's friend, and there's times that I can't be...
I'm deeply in prayer for a coworker. He has unsolicited promised the entire office, by email,  a million bucks each, tax free, if he wins the Powerball. I know he has better chance of being struck by lightening, but I'm still praying for him. :laughhard:
A million bucks would go a long way in financing my eventual escape from here and buy me a cabin on Petit Jean....and a few cool cars...

Lynx

Wait, wait, which way are you praying? Are you praying he will win the powerball or get struck by lightning?
"Do you sing at church?"

Roscoe

Quote from: Lynx on October 23, 2018, 12:10:44 AMWait, wait, which way are you praying? Are you praying he will win the powerball or get struck by lightning?
Depends on what day it is, since he's been a pain to me. If he's giving me a million bucks though, I'm totally praying for his win. If he loses, I MAY begin my alternate prayer.

Roscoe

Morning all. Back at work. Bah.
Somebody start a new sharing thread. We is three pages over. I don't guess it really matters, with our limited traffic, but rules is rules...