News:

Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it. -Steven Wright

Main Menu

Rebate Check

Started by The Purple Fuzzy, April 29, 2008, 07:11:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Purple Fuzzy

Thought this was funny cause I love garage sales...

HOW TO SPEND YOUR REBATE

How to use Your IRS Rebate check...

As you may have heard, each of us will be getting a tax rebate check

to stimulate the economy. If we spend that money at Wal-Mart, all the

money will go to China. If we spend it on gasoline it will go to the

Arabs. If we purchase a computer it will go to India. If we purchase

fruits and vegetables it will go to Mexico, Honduras and Guatemala.

If we purchase a good car it will go to Japan. If we purchase useless

stuff it will go to Taiwan, and none of it will help the American

economy.

We need to keep that money here in America. The only way to keep that

money here at home is to spend it at garage sales, since those are the

only businesses still in the USA!

Sis

iridiscente

So does that mean you need to have one for all of the people let loose with a check? :thumbsup2:

yosemite

i'm in i love a good yard sale. i frequent bent and dent stores too. i love a bargain. :clap: :clap: :laughhard: :laughhard:
My conscience is captive to the Word of God.Thus I cannot and will not recant, for going against my conscience is neither safe nor salutary. I can do no other, here i stand, God help me. Amen      -Martin Luther

Sis

Quote from: yosemite on April 29, 2008, 08:27:46 PM
i'm in i love a good yard sale. i frequent bent and dent stores too. i love a bargain. :clap: :clap: :laughhard: :laughhard:

Haven't been to many  rumage sale since I left home. there were so few in NY and even less here. The only one around here is the one the complex has once a year on the tennis court. I got a double phone for a buck and a video cam for a buck. Cam, extra tapes, cords, and case.

Brother Dad

I like to go to them salvage places.  You know one man's junk is another man's treasure.  And if that is true I sure got me a whole lot of somebodies treasure round my place.
Acts 4:12 Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved.

MelodyB

Sometimes that junk is valuable! You never know what kind of stuff you might have that could be worth a lot of money! My Dad knows all about that kind of thing...flea markets and yard sales are a collectors goldmine! 
Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

Sis

Quote from: Brother Dad on April 30, 2008, 12:13:37 AM
I like to go to them salvage places.  You know one man's junk is another man's treasure.  And if that is true I sure got me a whole lot of somebodies treasure round my place.

They don't have too many left! I remember as a kid, if you bent your dip stick you went to a salvage place and bought another one cheap.

True, Mel.

I found a PVC toy out next to the dumpster and it was a rare one that someone was throwing away but missed the dumpster. I sold it for $20. It was just a two inch high toy snoopy. When people throw out those little toys, they should give them to the goodwill instead of trashing them.

Brother Dad

Quote from: Sis on April 30, 2008, 12:31:19 AM

They don't have too many left! I remember as a kid, if you bent your dip stick you went to a salvage place and bought another one cheap.
Yeah we used to have a big tucking company here.  You could go by salvaged freight.  All kinds of good junk.
Acts 4:12 Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved.

Tricia Lea

I love yard sales and thrift stores

Anyplace you can get somthing good, cheap lol

Sis

Quote from: Tricia Lea on April 30, 2008, 12:35:25 AM

A woman after my own cheap  heart.

Tricia Lea

Quote from: Sis on April 30, 2008, 12:39:40 AM
Quote from: Tricia Lea on April 30, 2008, 12:35:25 AM

A woman after my own cheap  heart.

lol

rootbeer

I have been informed that gas at Murphy USA (in front of Wal-Mart) or Valero does not come from Arab countries.  There are a few others but I can't remember them all.
The name of the Lord is a strong tower.

MelodyB

Good, cause I buy gas at WM.

seguidordejesus

Check's in the bank!!! woohoo!!!

MelodyB

Mine is supposed to be like May 9th or something.

Sis

Quote from: rootbeer on April 30, 2008, 06:51:11 AM
I have been informed that gas at Murphy USA (in front of Wal-Mart) or Valero does not come from Arab countries.  There are a few others but I can't remember them all.

Yeah, there are some stations that belong to César Chávez. If we have a war with Mexico and they take Texas, or part of it back, he'll be behind it, I'm sure.

Ashlee

Quote from: Sis on April 30, 2008, 12:31:19 AM

True, Mel.

I found a PVC toy out next to the dumpster and it was a rare one that someone was throwing away but missed the dumpster. I sold it for $20. It was just a two inch high toy snoopy. When people throw out those little toys, they should give them to the goodwill instead of trashing them.

Sis, you need to come visit me.  You can still do all that where I come from.

Sis

Probably could here  too, if I had a car during the day and if I knew where I was going, and if the sales weren't so far apart.  :smirk2:

seguidordejesus

Quote from: Sis on April 30, 2008, 04:13:58 PM
Quote from: rootbeer on April 30, 2008, 06:51:11 AM

Yeah, there are some stations that belong to César Chávez. If we have a war with Mexico and they take Texas, or part of it back, he'll be behind it, I'm sure.

do you mean Hugo Chavez?

All Cesar cares about is grapes :)