News:

What happens if you get scared half to death twice? -Steven Wright

Main Menu

Lynx hits some licks in his music mix, just to get his kicks, in SHARING 496

Started by Lynx, October 03, 2014, 11:47:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MelodyB

My reason for doing so also was cause the whole stinkin' house I live with is SICK! Everyone I know is sniffling and sneezing, we got bronchitis and pheumonia floating around, colds, allergies, and I REFUSE!!! to get sick!

I was sniffin' and sneezin' last week so I bought some NyQuil and dosed up a few nights to pre-fight it off, and now I'm gonna try to stay away from these sick folks and eat/drink vitamin rich stuff.
Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

The Purple Fuzzy

sunlight

:attackhug: Be full of hugs!

Heather

at least half the girls on my floor of the dorm is coughing and hacking. I'm been drinking lots of water and washing my hands a lot.

now add bananas to the list of things I can't eat. I had a 'Jesus you have got to be kidding me right?' moment when I was curled up in pain earlier. bah!
Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali

Roscoe

Came home to be reminded that leaving a wife at home can be good....and bad. Good- the bedroom is painted. Bad- she was motivated and painted the lower half of the bathroom walls and trim too- a brownish green. Good- The yard is spotless. Bad- She piled up everything she thought was trash in the trailer of my truck. Good- that's where it goes. Bad- It has to be separated, metal going to the scrap yard and trash to the dump. And, I saw a pair of bed railings that go to an antique bed I have in storage that are unobtainable, so 'll have to retrieve them and put the back where I had them.
Lord. It's more work for me to fix her "help" than it is for me to just do it myself- but she wants it done NOW. :pound: And me pointing this out has led me to seek a corner of the housetop this evening, as opposed to my wide house.... (Scripture reference for those who recognize it) :rofl:
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Chseeads

Quote from: The Purple Fuzzy on October 26, 2014, 07:48:35 PM
I would like to fly over my house & community to see things from the air.

Why can't you?  Is your broom in the shop?

:hypocrite:

Roscoe

Quote from: Chseeads on October 28, 2014, 12:55:06 AM
Quote from: The Purple Fuzzy on October 26, 2014, 07:48:35 PM
I would like to fly over my house & community to see things from the air.

Why can't you?  Is your broom in the shop?

:hypocrite:
I blessed you in spite of myself for that..lol
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Heather

The Purple Fuzzy

Heather

I just really wanted to sleep all day today. There is just something about this dorm room that makes me lazy. lol. Actually it could be the MOLD i found growing in the corner of my room. I live in one of the oldest buildings on campus and we have a moisture issue. Everything in my room always feels damps. The schools solution was to unseal all our windows so we could open them. My side of the building apparently still has a mold issue though. YUCK!! I'm still moving to my parents in December. I pay too much for on campus housing to deal with this mess and these morons.

Think I'm going to head to the gym early, do some homework, etc. I'm off today and only have 1 class this afternoon.

The Purple Fuzzy

MsJennJenn

"When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

Lynx

"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Roscoe

My, but y'all are quiet today. Disgraceful. I'm tired. and hungry. And too lazy to address either issue. So I guess I'll sit in the recliner and gripe. :smirk:

The Purple Fuzzy

Keep Seth in your prayers, please. I just read that his grandma passed away.

Chseeads

Quote from: HeatherB on October 28, 2014, 01:12:21 PM
I just really wanted to sleep all day today. There is just something about this dorm room that makes me lazy. lol. Actually it could be the MOLD i found growing in the corner of my room. I live in one of the oldest buildings on campus and we have a moisture issue. Everything in my room always feels damps. The schools solution was to unseal all our windows so we could open them. My side of the building apparently still has a mold issue though. YUCK!! I'm still moving to my parents in December. I pay too much for on campus housing to deal with this mess and these morons.

Think I'm going to head to the gym early, do some homework, etc. I'm off today and only have 1 class this afternoon.

When I worked at IU there were some dorms that had horrid mold issues....one in particular was horrendous.  It was on everything...ceilings, walls, furnishings.  It's a 14 story building and the higher floors weren't as bad, but it progressively worsened the lower you went.  The place was awful, I don't know how anybody stood to live in it.  It has since been fully remodeled. 

Anyhoo....

Chseeads

Quote from: The Purple Fuzzy on October 29, 2014, 12:23:53 AM
Keep Seth in your prayers, please. I just read that his grandma passed away.

Thank you, yes.  This evening she had got to the point where they had took her in to the hospice house, but she wasn't there long at all until she died.  I was working, and figured I would go see her after I finished....she was at the point she wasn't responsive I guess though.  Part of me wishes I had went ahead and left work and went...but part of me didn't want to see her die though.  I had seen her Sunday night last.  I didn't go over there yesterday. 

My aunt, cousin and his wife, uncle and aunt/cousin (yes, that's one person, she's both things lol), and cousin were there with her. 

Dad acts punier than normal tonight.  My sister said maybe it's stress related stuff eating at him.  Pray for him, Lord. 

Roscoe

Praying, Seth. Sorry for your loss, and thankful for her life of good examples.
And in sharing, should anyone here need me today- I left my phone at home, so I will not be able to respond to text.

mini

Ohh...time to send roscoe 10 thousand texts.

:ugly:

Sorry about your families loss Seth.

In other news, I had a odd dream.  Dreamed I was mentioned as one of three people that a company was wanting to offer a job to, and I was able to work my own hours and other assorted stuff.  Man, I need that job.
DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

Heather

Now it's dreary here today. Thanks girls.

Sorry about your grandma Seth...... :-(

Work at 12 then church tonight.

Chseeads

Thanks, folks. 

Been tending fowl.  Now I'm eating a salad.  We go to make funeral arrangements this afternoon.  I talked to Bro. Smith this morning about preaching her funeral and have contact Bro. Roberts about seeing if he can help with the music.  The only specific thing that I know of that Grandma had actually requested in regard to her funeral was that several years ago at a fellowship meeting, after service she had asked Bro. Roberts little girl (who's like 13 now) to sing the song she and her dad had sung that night, at her funeral - Never Been This Homesick Before. 

That had kind of become her favorite song over the last several years.  She would ask me to sing it at church every whipstitch too.  So hopefully the Roberts will be able to do it, I just have to let him know the details, and hopefully he can make it.  At any rate, that song is a must, regardless of who sings it.  Though thinking about it makes me want to squall.  lol

MelodyB

Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

Chseeads

If you shoot her we can just make it a double.

:smirk2:

Viewing is Friday 3-8 at the funeral home and funeral Saturday at 1 at the church with view an hour prior.

I've got to clean the church.  It's duuuuuuuuuuuuurrrrrty.

Lynx

And I see the bright lights shine
It's just about home time
I can see the Father standing at the dooooooor

Love that song. :)

For my funeral I only have one song they simply must sing.  "Goodbye world, goodbye."  And get some people to sing it that sound like they're actually looking forward to the trip.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Heather

Just wanted to hop on real quick before I pack up. Spent 5 hours in the ER with Brandon's dad. They are admitting him and I'm going back to stay with him and Brandon. No clue about wifi there. Something to do with his potassium, acid eating the lining of his stomach, and inflammation. Also some sort of blockage. Prayers appreciated.