News:

Did you sleep well? No, I made a few mistakes. -Steven Wright

Main Menu

GP is still around, just barely alive, come share with us in Sharing 505!

Started by MelodyB, October 14, 2016, 01:06:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MelodyB

Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

The Purple Fuzzy

Roscoe

I bet you'd look like a drowned purple rat if you got out in it. Something I'd pay to see. :ugly:
Today I have saw 3 clients. Two of them have been backsliders. Sad that they screwed up their lives bad enough to have to see me professionally, but since they are a captive audience, they definately got an invite back to where they belong....
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Lynx

Man, when your assistant pastor is also your parole officer... I almost feel sorry for those guys.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Heather

We head home tomorrow. Back to the stressful life and I start my 2nd job next week.

Pray for Sis Mary Fields family. She passed away this morning after a long, hard fight with cancer. She will be dearly missed at church and in life. She was literally the eyes for her husband who is a blind preacher at our church.
Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali

Roscoe

:hi: Cleaned part of the shop up today. Got stung on the back by one of those wretched demonic yellow jackets that showed up unexpectedly. It still hurts and that was before ten this morning. :pound:
Cody came over and got Rusty fixed. Lord, it's good to have him back. The corvette, though- well, it's likely that it's problem is a collapsed lifter and will be something that will likely have to wait until after tax time. Not what I was hoping for. I get it fixed, it's gone. I'm gonna trade it off. No tolerance for something that gives me a headache when it is treated like a jewel.

I found that sirloin was on sale for $5.99 a lb at my local butcher, so I bought a couple and threw them on the grill tonight. Dinner was goooood.. :fork:
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Heather

We are back home. Living off of leftover snack food from vacation. I have no idea how we are gonna budget to eat and get to school and back. Probably shouldn't have even gone on vacation but we had already sunk money into the condo we wouldn't get back and we desperately needed some down time.

Today is church and a lot of homework. Back to my work study job and classes tomorrow. Have to leave my one class early for the funeral. Tuesday is orientation for my 2nd job, classes, and my start day for it. Dad goes this week for another CT scan to determine if he can do radiation or if we will be stuck in a holding pattern and praying his tumors don't start to grow again.

Roscoe

Ugh. Lord, It's definately Monday...:pound:
So much to do- Petitions to Revoke to write, home visits to conduct, people to see.....
But when I get home tonight, I think I'm gonna take Rusty for a cruise. Just to unwind.
And in the meantime, I picked up Brad Paisley's guitar musical album "PLAY" at Hasting this weekend for like $3 because they are closing. I'm listening to it to make the day better.  :P

Heather

I have never been to a more joyful funeral in my entire life. Tears were shed of course but it's not every day that the pastor's wife sticks  a pink flamingo in the casket bouquet and the husband of the deceased starts shoutin and singing 'How Great Thou Art'. Sis Mary was the definition of a prayer warrior and had a truly remarkable heart. She will be greatly missed but oh how much rejoicing is going on over there.

Pastor took his family and a few of us straglers out to lunch. Our budget is beyond squeezed this week so I was just thankful for a free meal. Then as I was leaving my pastors wife told me to come to here house anytime for grilled cheese and slipped me some money. It is truly the little things in life that mean the most.

Now I'm home and getting ready to dive into homework. Tomorrow begins my 2nd job and hopefully they will let me go a bit early so I can make our monthly ladies meeting.

Lynx

[kvetch]
Stupid US government, in their infinite wisdom, imported coyote to this area to take care of the rabbit problem. Now we have a growing coyote problem. RABBITS DON'T EAT PETS! Rabbits were fine, they weren't harming anything except maybe a garden or two. Coyote are a menace!

This is not the only time our all-wise, all-knowing government has meddled with an ecosystem they didn't understand. Remember kudzu? Remember the asian "painted lady" beetles? Yeah, we're still having trouble with them too. Remember the asian carp that are threatening to invade the great lakes?

What brings this up? I woke up this morning and my two kittens who never go more than 20 yards from the carport were missing. Came home from work, they were still missing. Walked around, looked in trees, looked under the house, they're just gone. And the coyote have been howling rather much the last couple of weeks.

Stupid idiots meddling with something they will never comprehend, and we have to deal with the results. Thanks a lot. Next ecosystem problem comes up, let us handle it ourselves - that is, if we can spare the time from battling the junk you already dumped on us.
[/kvetch]
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

Roscoe

Good morning...
And I assumed coyotes were native to tennesee. We've had 'em in Arkansas forever I guess..
Court day- I've had to dress in dressclothes complete with a necktie today. NOT my favorite thing. The bright side is lunch will likely be at one of my favorite hole in the wall dives...:fork:

mini

Sharing: I'm lacking Chinese food in my life.

Sharing:  I'm fitting to remedy that.
DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

Roscoe

Why you wanna eat Whoo Flung Poo?
I shall never be too lacking of Chinese food...:sick:

The Purple Fuzzy

Roscoe

I ate a leftover grilled hamburger. Okay, Two leftover grilled hamburgers. And an ice cream cone. Okay, I also had a couple of small chocolates.... Then I made myself walk away before I get back to my former fat self.

The Purple Fuzzy

Roscoe

The summer lover in me is enjoying the warmth. The part of me that actually likes winter, now that I don't have to drive 120 miles a day in its yucky weather, is looking forward to snow. :lol:
I have done a ton of work already today.. even got an attaboy from my boss for my documentation on a case that she had reveiwed. And even more rewarding thatn that, I took my wife out to dinner at Church Street( a local hole in the wall with awesome ribs on wednesdays) for our weekly dinner. What made it even more rewarding is because I took pictures of the ribs and texted them to Mini and another rib loving friend that knows about Church Street. While they drooled from afar, I ate. :hypocrite:
'Twas grand. :lol:

mini

Knowing I have 22 more pounds to go for a rib dinner treat is sustaining me....
DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

Roscoe

Quote from: mini on October 19, 2016, 08:54:50 PMKnowing I have 22 more pounds to go for a rib dinner treat is sustaining me....
I shall continue to taunt you in hopes of causing you to fall short of your goal, since said treat is coming out of my pocket...:ugly:

sunlight

Now I found it! Ike- I have 7 cats you could have! Will you please come get them?
  :attackhug: Be full of hugs!

Lynx

No more cats. We have too many coyote around here, apparently. I'm not getting any more cats.
"Do you sing at church?"

Roscoe

:hi:
Back at work. A friend sent me a nice meme along the lines of "Hoping the floodgates of heaven opens and showers you with blessings today". I told him to shove his sweet little meme sideways.
Why? Because today is the one day out of six months that I have to stand in a cow pasture and point guns at paper men who have done nothing to me. And his "floodgates of heaven" apparently is releasing liquid sunshine, so I'll be wet and miserable. Bah.

sunlight

:attackhug: Be full of hugs!

Heather

6 no the after being told to start checking off his bucket list, a CT scan doesn't show ANY tumors in my dad's chest. Don't tell me God doesn't still heal!!!

Roscoe

Awesome, Heather!
 And Chel, I do like range days....when it isn't raining. :lol:
Fortunately the rain quit before I got to the range.