News:

The staff of Godplace.com welcomes you to our little house of fun. If you have a spiritual need, feel free to  contact any staff member.

Main Menu

Hotmail users, please read and advise.

Started by World Traveler, April 16, 2011, 12:08:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

World Traveler

I have a student who needs to attach a file to an e-mail and send it to me.
I realize many e-mail programs are different. My AOL is different that the program at the school.
She is using hotmail.
How does a person attach a file (document, not photos, videos, etc) to a hotmail e-mail to send to another person?
Thank you.
There is no statute of limitations on murder or bad first impressions.

I am enjoying my second childhood.
It is a lot of fun.
I have money this time!!

Marry, divorce, marry someone new, divorce, marry again, divorce, marry again... Polygamy on the installment plan.

Lynx

The easiest way I know is to get a Yahoo email account and send it through that.  I never had much luck with hotmail, and a yahoo (or gmail, or many other online email services) is free and easy to set up.

A throwaway account is good to have anyway, if you want to send someone something but don't want them to know your real email, or if a website requires you to register with an email address.  Use it as a register-spam trap.  ;)
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

World Traveler

This person barely knows how to do more than text on her phone. I need someone to tell me how to attach a file to hotmail, please. Trying to teach this girl other options is not an option.

It is a lot of fun.
I have money this time!!

Marry, divorce, marry someone new, divorce, marry again, divorce, marry again... Polygamy on the installment plan.

Lynx

http://email.about.com/od/outlookexpresstips/ss/wt060102.htm

This how-to has a few popup ads that even get through Firefox's blocker, but it'll work.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

World Traveler

It is a lot of fun.
I have money this time!!

Amelia Bedelia

screen capture of a hotmail message composer attached. 

New message, insert the to email address, click attachments, file browser pops up, select file and wait for it to attach and hit send.

World Traveler

It is a lot of fun.
I have money this time!!