News:

Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it. -Steven Wright

Main Menu

Would You Live outside the US of A?

Started by (R.I.P.) YooperYankDude, March 16, 2010, 02:49:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Cold Water Kid

Why shouldn't we? Anywhere we go in the world we can find our soldiers protecting American (business) interests... and tipping armed soldiers when abroad would be awkward. 'Better if it's just included in the check. "High Taxation: The True Cost of Freedom" - Do you think it could work on a T-shirt?

Still Nicole, you'd have to be from here to understand. Americans are brainwashed from an early age to believe the USA is the greatest nation on earth, in spite of any evidence to the contrary. Even ministers aren't immune to the propaganda. It's rare that a year goes by and I don't hear a minister weave into his sermon the phrase "America is the best place to live on Earth". Sad really.

nicolejoy

I love many things about the USA - and sometimes I have to admit that it would be cool to live there. My favourites are:

Amazon
Great shopping and sales
The church culture (mostly - I love how there's always conferences and stuff going on, and so many Apostolics!)

But really, there are other awesome places to live as well. I don't think that any one place can be the "best place". One might be better for something, but another place will be better for something else...

gabbtastic

I would love to live outside of the US. Honestly this country and culture doesnt appeal to me. Nothing againt being American, I just want to try something else lol.