News:

Monday is an awful way to spend 1/7th of your life. -Steven Wright

Main Menu

Single Men are Like Waffles... Single Women are like Spaghetti?

Started by (R.I.P.) YooperYankDude, February 14, 2010, 03:16:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sis

Quote from: YooperYankDude on April 26, 2010, 03:31:32 PM
BOL... yeah but that is now... as far as I know, you are not a emotionally irrational pregnant lady!

For some reason, even the most even keeled women go NUTS when they are pregnant...

All I can say is, I hope whoever I marry has the sense to not ask me when she is 9 months pregnant if she is fat... there is no good answer to that... everything you can answer is wrong... so I intend to plead the 5th!   :cool:

You don't think much of women, do you?  I wasn't like that, my friends weren't like that, nor were my nieces. I never met a woman who was like the stereotype invented by men who wrote all those tv shows about pregnant women. There IS a hormonal shift, and they feel like crying for no reason sometimes, but some, even though they feel like it, don't.  Or they just cry and get it out.

When a woman is around 8 months, they start to get excited about the baby, and nervous about when it will come. They get tired of a sore back and not being able to even see their feet, much less able to put on any shoes that you can't just step into.

As a matter of fact, there was a guy I know, that was a total jerk to his wife when she was pregnant.  He wouldn't help her do anything. She was about due and couldn't tie her shoes and asked him for help tying them. He told her it was HER probem that she was pregnant and to take care of her own shoes. He didn't help her up the steps or anything.  his MOTHER helped her with her shoes that day. His senior citizen mother got on her knees and tied her daughter-in-law's shoes.

That's only one of many stoiries I could tell about the jerkyness of men when their wives are expecting. But I don't say ALL men are jerks to their wives just becaues a few that I know were.

SippinTea

Quote from: Sis on April 26, 2010, 05:01:25 PM
BOL... yeah but that is now... as far as I know, you are not a emotionally irrational pregnant lady!

For some reason, even the most even keeled women go NUTS when they are pregnant...

All I can say is, I hope whoever I marry has the sense to not ask me when she is 9 months pregnant if she is fat... there is no good answer to that... everything you can answer is wrong... so I intend to plead the 5th!   :cool:

You don't think much of women, do you? 

Actually, speaking as a gal who has met Yoop... he's respectful and kind to the women around him. Obviously, he loves to tease and banter, but don't let his stereotypes fool you into thinking he has a low opinion of women. *smile*

As a matter of fact, there was a guy I know, that was a total jerk to his wife when she was pregnant.  He wouldn't help her do anything. She was about due and couldn't tie her shoes and asked him for help tying them. He told her it was HER probem that she was pregnant and to take care of her own shoes. He didn't help her up the steps or anything.

Ooo... don't let me near him! I can't stand seeing people treat each other like that. But mean and unkind behavior can go both ways. I've seen women use their pregnancy as an excuse to not have to do anything for themselves. And that REALLY bugs me, too!

:beret:
"Not everything that is of God is easy." -Elona

"When you're wildly in love with someone, it changes everything." -F. Chan

"A real live hug anytime you want it is priceless." -Rachel

(R.I.P.) YooperYankDude

Quote from: SippinTea on April 26, 2010, 05:33:10 PM

All I can say is, I hope whoever I marry has the sense to not ask me when she is 9 months pregnant if she is fat... there is no good answer to that... everything you can answer is wrong... so I intend to plead the 5th!   :cool:

You don't think much of women, do you?  
Actually I think the world of them... which is why I hope to never be asked by my wife if she is fat... I don't want to see her all upset over something she has no control over... and telling them, Your pregnant, your supposed to be fat seems like it would go over about as well as a flock of turtles... I have already had that discussion with a few gals in the past, and no matter what they are told... they think you are either telling them yes, or your telling them a lie!

As far as the above comment, I was joking... :)   And as far as the type of guys you described... I myself would like to hang those kinds by their feet upside down and use them as a piƱata...

Actually, speaking as a gal who has met Yoop... he's respectful and kind to the women around him. Obviously, he loves to tease and banter, but don't let his stereotypes fool you into thinking he has a low opinion of women. *smile*
Thanks Ruby for character assessment...   :grin:   I do tease and banter a lot, but I also am very good at taking it! :)     Most of the stereotypes are jokes too, I don't hold to them in any seriousness... well, except for the "blonde not being a hair color, but a state of mind" ... haha, j/k

As a matter of fact, there was a guy I know, that was a total jerk to his wife when she was pregnant.  He wouldn't help her do anything. She was about due and couldn't tie her shoes and asked him for help tying them. He told her it was HER probem that she was pregnant and to take care of her own shoes. He didn't help her up the steps or anything.

Ooo... don't let me near him! I can't stand seeing people treat each other like that. But mean and unkind behavior can go both ways. I've seen women use their pregnancy as an excuse to not have to do anything for themselves. And that REALLY bugs me, too!
It can go both ways, but I figure it took 2 people to get her in that condition, so that guy had better step up to the plate (not of food either) and take some action to help out the woman carrying his unborn child!

Some women really do have health issues when pregnant and are bedridden, and if that happens... the man really has to step up, and hope there is someone nearby that can help out too...  :cool:

I Honor women for their HUMONGOUS responsibility and what they go through to bring children into the world... I have no idea of the pain and all that other jazz that they go through...

So when my wife asks for a pickle-cucumbermelon-mango shake at 3 in the morning... I will hopefully already have the Juiceman and Blender out on the counter...  :cool:

Feed The Bachelors 2010

TheGirl

I Honor women for their HUMONGOUS responsibility and what they go through to bring children into the world... I have no idea of the pain and all that other jazz that they go through...

So when my wife asks for a pickle-cucumbermelon-mango shake at 3 in the morning... I will hopefully already have the Juiceman and Blender out on the counter... 

Aw .... someone should hug him :)   *hugs Yoop

Newsman

Has anyone else noticed that there is a striking commonality in the printed thought processes of Yoop and Lady Stacey??

Hmmm...

John  :waving:

(R.I.P.) YooperYankDude

Quote from: TheGirl on April 26, 2010, 06:53:53 PM

So when my wife asks for a pickle-cucumbermelon-mango shake at 3 in the morning... I will hopefully already have the Juiceman and Blender out on the counter...  

Aw .... someone should hug him :)   *hugs Yoop

Thanks  - *Yoop returns the hug*  :grin:
Quote from: Newsman on April 26, 2010, 07:19:15 PM
Has anyone else noticed that there is a striking commonality in the printed thought processes of Yoop and Lady Stacey??

Hmmm...

John  :waving:

LOL...

Feed The Bachelors 2010

TheGirl

Hmmm...

"commonality in the printed thought process" . .. you really are a newsman huh?

Sis

QuoteHonor women for their HUMONGOUS responsibility

Responsibility?  Or tummy! :rofl:

Of all the people I know, none of them craved anything.

I wanted oranges all the time, but I love oranges when it's hot out, and at the time I was living in Minneapolis and it was 90+ in an apartment without air conditioning. And the store was a half block away. So I don't think it was really a craving. You might luck out and get one that doesn't have cravings.

How about you, PF?  Did you crave anything?

SippinTea

Quote from: YooperYankDude on April 26, 2010, 05:50:14 PM

So when my wife asks for a pickle-cucumbermelon-mango shake at 3 in the morning... I will hopefully already have the Juiceman and Blender out on the counter...  :cool:

BOL! That was great!

Quote from: TheGirl on April 26, 2010, 06:53:53 PM

Aw .... someone should hug him :)   *hugs Yoop

I agree. Glad you did. ;)

*joins the Yoop hug, even if hugs DO make him nervous* :P

Quote from: Sis on April 26, 2010, 08:18:53 PM
QuoteHonor women for their HUMONGOUS responsibility

Responsibility?  Or tummy! :rofl:

Haha!

Both, maybe? :updown:

Re: cravings... my mom craved weird stuff with some of her pregnancies, but not all. With one of my brothers, she kept wanting hot dogs. And she HATES hot dogs, usually. :lol:

"Not everything that is of God is easy." -Elona

"When you're wildly in love with someone, it changes everything." -F. Chan

"A real live hug anytime you want it is priceless." -Rachel

The Purple Fuzzy

The only thing I can remember craving was salty french fries. ;)

Newsman

Allegedly, Lady Stacey! :)

Quote from: TheGirl on April 26, 2010, 07:39:10 PM

Hmmm...

(R.I.P.) YooperYankDude

Quote from: Newsman on April 26, 2010, 08:33:52 PM
Allegedly, Lady Stacey! :)

Quote from: TheGirl on April 26, 2010, 07:39:10 PM

Hmmm...

Allegedly my foot... lol... John is the proprietor of GP Daily... or whatever he wants to call it!

Feed The Bachelors 2010

TheGirl

interesting. . . wonder what I should think about this . . .

RainbowJingles

TG: Don't let him fool you.  He is a bonafide, certified, award-winning newsman with several plaques in the shape of Oklahoma hanging on his wall (or sitting on his desk) to prove it.

RainbowJingles

As for Yoop and his banana pickle mango watermelon milkshake skills...

:o
:spitlaugh:
Lucky lady.  lol

*joins the fringes of the Yoop hug*

(R.I.P.) YooperYankDude

Quote from: RainbowJingles on April 26, 2010, 09:38:40 PM
As for Yoop and his banana pickle mango watermelon milkshake skills...

:o
:spitlaugh:
Lucky lady.  lol
LOL... not just that, but I am an expert on many other culinary artistic creations...  :cool:

*joins the fringes of the Yoop hug*

Woohoo... a group hug...   :grouphug:

Quote from: SippinTea on April 26, 2010, 08:26:18 PM

*joins the Yoop hug, even if hugs DO make him nervous*  :P
LOL... Ruby... your awesome... your like one of the bestest sisters a guy could ever ask for. Always so thoughtful, trying to help a brother get over his fears and qualms  :updown:

How would I ever get over my fear of hugs without a sister like you...   :P

Feed The Bachelors 2010

TheGirl

a fear of hugs. . .I have a fear of banana pickle mango watermelon milkshakes . . .now if someone was to make one just like that. . but hold everything but the banana we'd be in business . . i'm just saying

RainbowJingles

What kind of business are you trying to start?  Hopefully not a milkshake stand with a flavor like that!  :o

TheGirl

you dont think banana milkshakes would go over well? psh..I'd put myself in business  :lol:

RainbowJingles

*kicks herself*

DUH.  I read it wrong.  I thought you were holding the bananas!  lol

(R.I.P.) YooperYankDude

Quote from: RainbowJingles on April 26, 2010, 10:03:10 PM
*kicks herself*

DUH.  I read it wrong.  I thought you were holding the bananas!  lol

Well, it would be hard to make a milkshake if the banana's were still in her hand...  :laughhard:

Feed The Bachelors 2010

TheGirl

LOL. .. I'm not one thats able to take cough syrup more or less a milkshake that tastes or smells like one of that nature would

RainbowJingles

Are we off-topic AGAIN?
:offtopic:

And talking about food again?

:roll:

lol

TheGirl

(R.I.P.) YooperYankDude

Quote from: RainbowJingles on April 26, 2010, 10:07:53 PM
Are we off-topic AGAIN?
:offtopic:

And talking about food again?

:roll:

lol

But it was on topic... cause the milkshake was gonna be for my pregnant wife one day... but now it looks she will be stuck with fruits and nuts...

Feed The Bachelors 2010