News:

Monday is an awful way to spend 1/7th of your life. -Steven Wright

Main Menu

Single Men are Like Waffles... Single Women are like Spaghetti?

Started by (R.I.P.) YooperYankDude, February 14, 2010, 03:16:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

upcchris

Quote from: YooperYankDude on April 05, 2010, 08:55:26 AM
well, I guess if I flew all the way there, I'd need someone to show me around...
Why should someone settle for a mediocre tour guide when there is lady Chris...

What do ya say Miss Chris?

This is Lady Chris tours Pty Ltd, Please enjoy your stay in Sydney and let us know if there are any spots you'd particularly like to visit during your stay in Sydney...please provide photographic identification so our available tour guide/owner of the corporation can identify you....you will be met by your tour guide and a small group to accompany the tour (I can see if we can make it a youth outing). Please let us know the length of your stay in Sydney, along with the approximate time of year and if there are any who are accompanying you, the time of year we can recommend is the summer period December-February.

In response: sure why not? If you're willing to survive the 20+ hours it takes to get here from there by plane, I can certainly be willing to act the part of tour guide.
Television is proof the people will look at anything rather than eachother

Life would be so much easier without hormones

Of all God's creations, humans are the only ones with enough imagination to be bored

Humans are fallible, and they unreasonably expect everyone else not to be

Tina~Chris

RainbowJingles

Kris: lol  Nice summary of the thread.  As for re-taking the Love Languages quiz: just do it!  I was totally freaked out that my language had either drastically changed, or had been incorrectly identified in the first place.

Chris: I may need to come along and make sure your tour guide service is functioning properly.  :bigcheese:  Ya know...  make sure you're really giving GRAND tours that include the *cough* BOATS at the harbor (not the ferry ones; the really fast ones)  :bigcheese:

Sis

Where can I find the love languages quiz?  Too lazy to google anything.

RainbowJingles

newkris

just as it was before.  i answered as if i were still married.  i took this the first time not long after i was divorced.  knowing my love language actually helped me to put into perspective some of the things that went so wrong in my marriage.  this is an important thing to understand.  it's also helped me with my sons.  we have talked at length about what we think each other's love language is and what we can do with that knowledge.  good stuff.

11 Words of Affirmation
4 Quality Time
7 Receiving Gifts
3 Acts of Service
5 Physical Touch

Actions don't always speak louder than words. If this is your love language, unsolicited compliments mean the world to you. Hearing the words, "I love you," are important–hearing the reasons behind that love sends your spirits skyward. Insults can leave you shattered and are not easily forgotten.
\\\\\\\"i want to say more than words when i write\\\\\\\" - kent d. curry
me, too.

myspace.com\\\\\\\\krisknowshim
there are times in the whirlwind of my fragile life that i have hidden under your words, your voice.

Sis

QuoteActions don't always speak louder than words. If this is your love language, unsolicited compliments mean the world to you. Hearing the words, "I love you," are important–hearing the reasons behind that love sends your spirits skyward. Insults can leave you shattered and are not easily forgotten.

Don't need to take a test to know that is me. Totally!

I get so few compliments, that when I do, I rarely forget them.

newkris

the insults part, too, is very very true for me.  i have to consciously remember that sarcasm and teasing isn't the same as an insult.  to me, though, they all hurt the same.  and maybe because kind words mean so much to me, i use them more and so people think i'm kind.  that's not always true, but i'm glad people think that way.  :pwink:

sis, if people saw more of your photography you would be OVERWHELMED with compliments.  your pictures are awesome!
me, too.

there are times in the whirlwind of my fragile life that i have hidden under your words, your voice.

Sis

Really? Nobody's told me that. Except Stevebert, but he has to, or no desserts.   :laughhard:

newkris

i love your pics.  i haven't seen nearly enough of them, but you always have such an interesting view and catch the most spectacular things with light.  yes.  i love your photography.  you are clearly very talented. 
me, too.

(R.I.P.) YooperYankDude

This is Lady Chris tours Pty Ltd, Please enjoy your stay in Sydney and let us know if there are any spots you'd particularly like to visit during your stay in Sydney...please provide photographic identification so our available tour guide/owner of the corporation can identify you....you will be met by your tour guide and a small group to accompany the tour (I can see if we can make it a youth outing). Please let us know the length of your stay in Sydney, along with the approximate time of year and if there are any who are accompanying you, the time of year we can recommend is the summer period December-February.

In response: sure why not? If you're willing to survive the 20+ hours it takes to get here from there by plane, I can certainly be willing to act the part of tour guide.

SWEET!  Sounds like a deal... Considering that December is 9 months away, I have time to plan... *Grin*

20 hrs for a customized tour of Sydney... lol... hakuna matata!

Feed The Bachelors 2010

iridiscente

It is one thing to feed instigations... another to force feed them cake and extra calorie protein shakes!

;)

Sis

Quote from: newkris on April 07, 2010, 01:30:19 AM
i love your pics.  i haven't seen nearly enough of them, but you always have such an interesting view and catch the most spectacular things with light.  yes.  i love your photography.  you are clearly very talented. 

Thank you. You are so kind. *Blush*

upcchris

Quote from: iridiscente on April 07, 2010, 03:08:39 AM
It is one thing to feed instigations... another to force feed them cake and extra calorie protein shakes!

;)
Ah, but if one feeds investigations...it takes all the fun out of it for the investigator :hypocrite: At least I think so, since our investigator-in-residence hasn't commented thus far.:lol: Either that...or he's saving up to have a field day.  :smirk2:

Television is proof the people will look at anything rather than eachother

Life would be so much easier without hormones

Of all God's creations, humans are the only ones with enough imagination to be bored

Humans are fallible, and they unreasonably expect everyone else not to be

Tina~Chris

(R.I.P.) YooperYankDude

Feed The Bachelors 2010

Sis

newkris

he's thinking of the right adjectives and insinuations to add.  writers need time for their words to stew  :pwink:
me, too.

Sis

And when it's done stewing, you can pile on the gravy!  :laughhard:

RainbowJingles

John uses a microwave.  lol  He just leaves it in the freezer awhile sometimes.

That's the way of the GOBs.

:couch:

:bigcheese:

(R.I.P.) YooperYankDude

Feed The Bachelors 2010

TheGirl

Quote from: YooperYankDude on February 14, 2010, 07:51:50 AM
Actually waffles and Ice cream are much better, or waffles and cream of chicken soup... but not waffles and spaghetti...

but the book totally points to guys compartmentalizing everything... and gals mixing all things together...

Never did understand how they could want a pickle and watermelon shake at 3 in the morning... lol...

:o pickly and watermelon shake not only sounds disgusting at 3 in the morning but just about every other hour of the day  :teeth:

(R.I.P.) YooperYankDude

BOL... yeah but that is now... as far as I know, you are not a emotionally irrational pregnant lady!

For some reason, even the most even keeled women go NUTS when they are pregnant...

All I can say is, I hope whoever I marry has the sense to not ask me when she is 9 months pregnant if she is fat... there is no good answer to that... everything you can answer is wrong... so I intend to plead the 5th!   :cool:

Feed The Bachelors 2010

Newsman

(R.I.P.) YooperYankDude

But John... Women are irrational and incapable of rationalness when they are in that state...

If I say she looks just right.... she will process in her mind that she is 9 months pregnant, and should look like she is carrying a basketball in her stomach, and therefor since basketballs are not normally there, that she must be fat...

and will therefore come to the conclusion that saying that she looks just "right", "right" meaning she is carrying a basketball, and basketballs are big, that I am calling her big and fat... UGH...

So I will just plead the 5th...

Feed The Bachelors 2010

SippinTea

*giggle* Just tell her: Yes, you're fat, but you won't be soon. And you look lovely regardless.

Or something like that. LOL!

:beret:
"Not everything that is of God is easy." -Elona

"When you're wildly in love with someone, it changes everything." -F. Chan

"A real live hug anytime you want it is priceless." -Rachel

TheGirl

Oh my. . .yeah I'm thinking I'll just try not to ask if I look fat because I probably would turn anything my husband says into what i'm thinking lol . .. and there really would be no good answer.