News:

Did you sleep well? No, I made a few mistakes. -Steven Wright

Main Menu

Chili

Started by *~Trina~*, October 23, 2007, 04:13:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

*~Trina~*

anyone have any good chili recipes?   its getting cold, so I'm wanting to make some!
Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events.  Small minds discuss people.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Roxie

White Chili

1 Jar of Great Northern Beans (or three cans if jar isn't available where you are shopping.)
1 12.5oz can of chicken breast... I used 2 cans because we like the meat!
1 8oz. bag of shredded Monterey Jack Cheddar cheese
1 teaspoon of Chili Powder
1 16oz jar of salsa (I used mild but it can be hotter)
Tortilla Chips

Open everything up except the cheese and tortilla chips.  Pour into Stockpot.
Take about 6 oz of the cheese and mix into the above.
Cook on medium...  Stir until cheese is all melted in with chili and it is hot. 
Pour into bowls and add some of that 2oz of cheese to the bowls and serve with tortilla chips. 

This is a fast and awesome recipe a friend from work recently gave me and it is soooo easy to prepare... My husband and I loves it.
Some people make things happen, some watch while things happen, and some wonder \"What happened?\"

Which type of person are you?

Babs

you will have to forgive me, i am stuck on greek foods right now lol, but here is one i have made several times and everyone seems to love it.

Greek Chili

Yield: 8 servings
12 oz    Lean ground beef
1/2 cup    Chopped onion
1 tsp    Minced garlic
2 tbsp    Chili powder
2 tsp    Dried oregano leaves
1 tsp    Ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp    Dried mint leaves
1 tbsp    Unsweetened cocoa
1 can    (28 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
1 can    (15 ounces) Garbanzo beans or
1 1/2 cups    Cooked dry-packaged Garbanzo beans, rinsed, drained
1 can    (15 ounces) Dark Red Kidney beans or
1 1/2 cups    Cooked dry-packaged Dark Red Kidney beans, rinsed, drained
2 tsp    Honey
6 cups    Cooked macaroni, warm

Sliced green onions and tops, crumbled feta cheese, sliced Greek olives, as garnish *

1    Sauté ground beef, onion, and garlic in large saucepan until ground beef is browned, about 5 minutes; add spices, herbs and cocoa and cook 1 to 2 minutes longer.
2    Stir in tomatoes, beans, and honey; heat to boiling. Reduce heat and simmer, covered, 15 minutes; uncover and simmer until thickened, about 15 minutes.
3    Spoon chili over macaroni in bowls; garnish with green onions, feta cheese and olives.

NOTE: Although B.E.A.N. recipes usually call for a specific variety, any canned or dry-packaged bean variety can be easily substituted for another.

Nutrient Information
Per serving: Calories 343; Fat 8g; % Calories from Fat 22; Potassium 458mg; Carbohydrate 49g; Folate 115mcg; Sodium 661mg; Calcium 115mg; Protein 18g; Dietary Fiber 7g; Cholesterol 29mg
Religion is worthless until it is able to move outside the walls.

My latest blog post.

Charlene

Neither my husband or I like peppers or onions, so I make mine without. This is the recipe his mom gave me...

1lb ground beef
1 can tomato sauce (not the small cans)
1 can pork and beans
1 can rotel- I usually use the mild...the original makes it quite spicy
1 pack chili seasoning

While the meat is browning, I usually pour the other ingredients into my pot and set it on low until my meat is done cooking.

Roxie

Quote from: Charlene on October 23, 2007, 06:43:26 PM
Neither my husband or I like peppers or onions, so I make mine without. This is the recipe his mom gave me...

1lb ground beef
1 can tomato sauce (not the small cans)
1 can pork and beans
1 can rotel- I usually use the mild...the original makes it quite spicy
1 pack chili seasoning

While the meat is browning, I usually pour the other ingredients into my pot and set it on low until my meat is done cooking.

Sounds good... is it?  I would never consider using pork and beans though! How much does this make? 
Some people make things happen, some watch while things happen, and some wonder \"What happened?\"

Which type of person are you?

Charlene

We like it..you don't really notice the pork and beans, but I would assume you could substitute anything you wanted in its place.

On the servings...I'm trying to think. I'd say there's enough for four. Since theres only two of us; we each can eat, have some for me to take to work and some for leftovers.

kade

Sunday best and broken glass

gabbtastic

my mom makes amazing chili..... everyone love it... including me i always eat like 10 servings (not all in one sitting, more like in a week) but i cant give u the recipe b/c then ill have to kill you  :searching: so idk that my post is relevant :)

*~Trina~*

lol cant ask for it then..cuz then i wouldnt live to taste the amazingness of it!!!   :cry: 
Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events.  Small minds discuss people.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Sister_Mom

We had a very rainy day yesterday, and it's about to start raining again. Makes for really good chili weather. However, when I got home, which was later than usual due to flooded roads, I was looking around the house for something to fix and was really craving chili but didn't have time to let it cook properly and didn't have any turkey meat. I did have all the other stuff to fix some with though.

I used a large can of Bush's chili beans, 1 small can of Rotel Hot tomatoes (with habaneros - could use the regular) and a small can of DelMonte diced tomatoes. I added chili powder, garlic, Cavandars Greek seasoning. It turned out great and hit the spot and I still have some left over for tonight! Easy and quick.  :thumbsup2:
God determines who walks into your life....it's up to you to decide who you let walk away, who you let stay, and who you refuse to let go.

gabbtastic

we use hamburger.... among a bunch of random other things haha again thats all the info i can give u!

Sister_Mom

Quote from: gabbtastic on February 22, 2008, 07:23:19 PM
we use hamburger.... among a bunch of random other things

Hamburger is a bunch of ramdom things. :yell:
God determines who walks into your life....it's up to you to decide who you let walk away, who you let stay, and who you refuse to let go.