News:

Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it. -Steven Wright

Main Menu

Any problems with the Blessing Meter?

Started by Scott, September 05, 2012, 09:59:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scott

Are we doing okay? Is it being abused? Is anyone unhappy with it?
"I find your lack of faith disturbing." (Vader)

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf (Orwell and Churchhill)

The Never Ending Battle

Lynx

Abused is a matter of perspective... I'd say it was being royally abused, yes.  But I think we're happy with it and we're doing okay.  :cool:
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Lynx

Just as long as no visitors come in and judge the validity of a member's posts by his meter...
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

Roscoe

Since I completely agree with your first post, Isaac- Bless you, my son. Go and smite (me) no more. :hypocrite:
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Scott

I think once people realize that Seth is the smite-meister, they will be okay.
"I find your lack of faith disturbing." (Vader)

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf (Orwell and Churchhill)

The Never Ending Battle

RainbowJingles

I think I would prefer to see individual posts being shown as smitten/blessed.  Just my :twocents:

SippinTea

Quote from: Psalm_97 on September 06, 2012, 01:16:28 AM
Abused is a matter of perspective... I'd say it was being royally abused, yes.  But I think we're happy with it and we're doing okay.  :cool:

Precisely. *grin*

May the loony-ness that is GP continue forever!.... ;)

:beret:
"Not everything that is of God is easy." -Elona

"When you're wildly in love with someone, it changes everything." -F. Chan

"A real live hug anytime you want it is priceless." -Rachel

Roscoe

Quote from: RainbowJingles on September 18, 2012, 06:12:54 PM
I think I would prefer to see individual posts being shown as smitten/blessed.  Just my :twocents:
I like this idea...
Quote from: SippinTea on September 18, 2012, 06:36:38 PM
Quote from: Psalm_97 on September 06, 2012, 01:16:28 AM

Precisely. *grin*

May the loony-ness that is GP continue forever!.... ;)

:clap: :clap2:
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Chseeads

But it's funner to smite people than posts.  :freaky2:

And I'm pretty stinking sure I've been smitten more times than I have smote!

Heather

Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali

The Purple Fuzzy

MelodyB

Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

Heather

I thought he was divorcing you? You all need to make up your mind. You're worse than 13 year olds on Facebook...lol
Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali

Melody

Quote from: Roscoe on September 18, 2012, 06:45:25 PM
I like this idea...

me three. 

Although it is fun to smite and bless anonymously. I did enjoy smiting Roscoe 3x in one morning the other day for his orneriness. 

MelodyB

I think it would still be annoymous...I think what they mean is each post individually. Like you post something spiritual in one post, everyone can bless that post.

Melody

SippinTea

Quote from: HeatherB on September 19, 2012, 02:02:52 PM
I thought he was divorcing you? You all need to make up your mind. You're worse than 13 year olds on Facebook...lol

Tee hee!

Lynx

Wow, I just noticed how many smites Seth has racked up.  How did that happen? 
"Do you sing at church?"

Roscoe

Quote from: MellowYellow on September 19, 2012, 02:31:57 PM
Quote from: Roscoe on September 18, 2012, 06:45:25 PM
I like this idea...

me three. 

Although it is fun to smite and bless anonymously. I did enjoy smiting Roscoe 3x in one morning the other day for his orneriness.
:pound: :pound:
Quote from: Psalm_97 on September 19, 2012, 04:21:46 PM
Wow, I just noticed how many smites Seth has racked up.  How did that happen? 
:hypocrite: I assisted it.... :hypocrite:

SippinTea

Chseeads

Melody

I think I have blessed as many times as I've smitten you.  Your posts are hilarious you know.

MelodyB

RainbowJingles

My thought...  Posts could be smote/blessed individually, but the blessings/smites would add up and be credited to the person who received them.

i.e. if I say something nice about Seth, and get a smite or three for it, those smitings would show up on that post, but would still add up to my overall smiting status.  But at least I'd be able to know WHY I got smitten.  lol

Melody

oh wait.  We're suppose to have reasons to smite people?   :hypocrite: