News:

Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it. -Steven Wright

Main Menu

Psalm_97 has music, so he's feeling fine. Listen to a tune in Sharing 449!

Started by Lynx, October 31, 2011, 02:00:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

IowaSkirtGirl

Smoopsie poo is probably made of re-fried beans and salad...I wouldn't wanna step in it...
I'm just me, round and bubbly like a lil honey bee!

mini

Quote from: Chseeads on November 03, 2011, 08:31:50 PM
Almost as long as you've been alive, huh, Rat's Nest?  :P

I thought Rat's Nest was WAAAAY older than that...

:ugly:
DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

MelodyB

Quote from: IowaSkirtGirl on November 03, 2011, 08:39:50 PM
Smoopsie poo is probably made of re-fried beans and salad...I wouldn't wanna step in it...

And the occasional loaf of sourdough.

*cough*
Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

IowaSkirtGirl

UGH! I took a nap..because I was a little queasy....and woke up to a door bell that only I heard....and am still queasy...

Would anyone be offended if I started a thread about "My Daily Woes" lol...

MelodyB

IowaSkirtGirl

Yeah I was going to text you back, but I wasn't sure you still had your mom's phone...Still got the house number? If you want or can maybe call me later or now..or sometimes soon :) :great:

MelodyB

I still have the house number. I can't call you right this second though cause I'm in the room with Dad. I'll try to call you later.

But you can still text that number, yes its moms phone, (and she is talking on it now actually...) but I can text you on it.

*HUG*

The Purple Fuzzy

Quote from: minnesota68 on November 03, 2011, 08:46:39 PM

* The Purple Fuzzy :pound: both of you... and Bobby, too, for good measure

IowaSkirtGirl

I want to make something with corn bread tonight...any ideas? I got out ground beef....

The Purple Fuzzy

Here are two recipes that I found that  looked interesting.

MEXICAN CORNBREAD CASSEROLE   

Read more about it at www.cooks.com/rec/view/0,178,128183-248194,00.html
Content Copyright © 2011 Cooks.com - All rights reserved.

Cornbread Batter:

2 cups self rising cornmeal
1 can (10 oz) cream style corn
2 eggs well beaten
1/2 cup crisco oil
2 tsp sugar (if desired)
1 cup milk (may add more milk to make batter right)
(not to thick or not to thin)about like cake batter

Filling:

1 1/2 lbs lean ground beef
1 large onion chopped
3 to 5 small banana peppers chopped
2 to 3 cups grated cheddar cheese (mild or med)

Mix together corn meal, eggs, milk, sugar, cream style corn and oil. set aside. This is your batter for the bread. In a large skillet, cook ground beef, onion and peppers until browned and then pour into strainer. Drain off any grease. Rinse with hot water and let drain.
Pour half of batter into large greased skillet. then pour all of the hamburger mixture over this. Top this with all the cheese.

Next, pour the other half of your cornbread batter over the meat and cheese filling.

Bake in a 350* oven for about 45 to 50 min. or until brown. Let set a few minutes before cuting and serving.

This makes a wonderful main dish. Serve with soup beans and enjoy.

REBA McENTIRE'S MEXICAN CORNBREAD
CASSEROLE   

Read more about it at www.cooks.com/rec/view/0,188,150162-242202,00.html
Content Copyright © 2011 Cooks.com - All rights reserved.

1 lb. ground beef
1/3 c. chopped onion
1 (8 oz.) jar mild Mexican pasteurized process cheese spread
1 (8 1/2 oz.) pkg. cornbread mix
1 (8 3/4 oz.) can whole kernel corn, drained
1 tbsp. butter, melted
2 tbsp. chopped green pepper
2 tbsp. chopped red pepper

Brown meat; drain. Add onions; cook until tender. Stir in process cheese spread until melted. Spoon into four (12 ounce) casseroles. Prepare cornbread mix as directed on package. Add remaining ingredients, mixing just until moistened. Spoon over meat mixture. Bake at 375 degrees for 16-18 minutes or until golden brown.

IowaSkirtGirl

I've made that second one..and it is AWESOME!

I'm thinking about doing something a little more simple...

I will brown the beef, add a can of cream of mroom and some shredded mozzarella and then cover it in corn bread and bake...sound okay?

Chseeads

Doesn't matter to us how it sounds, you're the one that has to eat it.  :ugly:

Oh, and I haven't been eating salads lately.....I completely foundered on them that last round.  Have no taste for them again yet.....they're nasty.

The Purple Fuzzy

Quote from: IowaSkirtGirl on November 03, 2011, 09:18:36 PM
I've made that second one..and it is AWESOME!

I'm thinking about doing something a little more simple...

I will brown the beef, add a can of cream of mroom and some shredded mozzarella and then cover it in corn bread and bake...sound okay?
I just use a recipe as an idea anyway and do what I want, so sounds good to me. ;)

Heather

I'm now working on crocheting scarf #3 for today. This illness is so boring. Wish I had some energy.

APB is bringing me dinner tonight when he gets off work. That boy is beyond amazing to me.....
Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali

Roscoe

Quote from: The Purple Fuzzy on November 03, 2011, 09:03:45 PM
Quote from: minnesota68 on November 03, 2011, 08:46:39 PM

* The Purple Fuzzy :pound: both of you... and Bobby, too, for good measure
Mean Rats' Nest. Mean. Mean. Had I been here to enter this conversation prior to your hateful action, I would've took up for you and claimed that you were obviously like a fine wine, and get better with age.

After that comment- well, someone apparently cracked your cork- you've turned to vinegar.  :hypocrite:

:laughhard:
To everyone else- :waving:. I made it to my Friday. And I have now got my pastor down on me....Our church is feeding the staff at the local free medical clinic tonight. I just got home and they've already started, so I'm not there to help. By the time I drive back up town it'll be over. So here I sit, with snarky messages from him relayed via my wife by text. :laughhard:
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Heather

In every aspect of my life I've always known where I stand. I'm not the most important. I'm not missed if I'm not there. In the best terms possible, I'm expendable and replaceable. And more than likely with a better version. This goes in any relationship, my work place, my family, my friends, and any church I've been a part of. And I guess for the most part I've always embraced it. Why argue with everyone who has ever had any part in your life right? Tonight's just one of those random hard nights where I'm having a problem with it......
Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali

IowaSkirtGirl

The Purple Fuzzy

Chseeads

Without "Heather," who would fix our coffee, get us new brake pads, or spay and neuter our pets?

w2cch.

Chseeads

Melody

You're not expendable, Heather.  They, or the devil or your feelings, all lied. 

Sorry to be so blunt.  But I haven't even met you & I know better. Perhaps it's not that you weren't enough, just maybe it's cause it's them & you're so loyal, they're the ones that have to end things.

I have REALLY felt like that at times & noticed I try to act ok with it & almost making myself of less consequence. There are some voids that only Jesus can fill & we feel our value the more of our lives we share with Him.

Mountain Dew

Quote from: Chseeads on November 04, 2011, 02:30:03 AM
Without "Heather," who would fix our coffee, get us new brake pads, or spay and neuter our pets?

I am sure Heather appreciates your sincere words of comfort.  :o
Delight in the Lord...

Chseeads

Quote from: Mountain Dew on November 04, 2011, 03:41:23 AM
Quote from: Chseeads on November 04, 2011, 02:30:03 AM

I am sure Heather appreciates your sincere words of comfort.  :o

SUGAR LUMP!

* Chseeads runs to the arms of his love.

Lynx

Quote from: MelodyB on November 03, 2011, 08:49:28 PM
Quote from: IowaSkirtGirl on November 03, 2011, 08:39:50 PM

And the occasional loaf of sourdough.

*cough*
Don't see how.  I haven't sent him any.

Quote from: HeatherB on November 04, 2011, 01:20:10 AM
In every aspect of my life I've always known where I stand. I'm not the most important. I'm not missed if I'm not there. In the best terms possible, I'm expendable and replaceable. And more than likely with a better version. This goes in any relationship, my work place, my family, my friends, and any church I've been a part of. And I guess for the most part I've always embraced it. Why argue with everyone who has ever had any part in your life right? Tonight's just one of those random hard nights where I'm having a problem with it......
Boy do I know that feeling!  But usually when it seems people don't even notice you it's really because of something else.  Maybe you're just too reliable, always there, always helping, and they take you for granted? That happens a lot - I think it has something to do with the brain's tendency to ignore things that are always the same.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

The Purple Fuzzy