News:

Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it. -Steven Wright

Main Menu

True 'Blue" & Pink, Too! Rusty and PAPM in Sharing 442!

Started by Newsman, July 22, 2011, 05:48:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Purple Fuzzy

MelodyB

Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

Nelle

It cracks me up to hear someone talk about how grown up they are because they're married.. Knowing their inlaws have paid more of their bills than they actually have. Seriously? Get.a.job!

Lynx

Howdy y'all. 

Yesterday was my church's Homecoming Sunday.  Morning service, lunch, afternoon singing, no night service.  Visiting preacher preached a good message on getting back to "First generation" religion - not something we heard about from our parents, not something in our own past but a continued and continuing life personally with God.

For the singing after lunch I was running the sound booth and I took my new toy for a test drive.  Our sound board has a direct sound out on each channel, so I ran a bunch of cables from the microphone and piano sound outs to my 16-in audio interface and recorded the whole thing in my computer in multi-channel.  I did it mostly to see if I could, as a proof of concept.  Now that I know what I'm doing, I'll be ready to record any singing group that wants to make a CD.  :great:
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Lynx

So I stepped outside this morning and found out my dog has been hit by an automobile and is dead.    :sadbounce:
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Chseeads

Aw, that's no good. :(

* Chseeads throws grapes in Mel-Mel's yapper.

Stuff.

Melody

Sorry to hear that Psalms. 

Went to the library.  Got 32464532167461364 books, or it seems.  We did OK.  3 bags full.    The limit is 200 books each, so we are ok. 

what to do for the rest of this day? .... besides read.  :updown:

Oh we also rented the 1st season of Twilight Zone.  I'm pretty sure Andrew's going to laugh a lot...  :biglaugh:

Roscoe

Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Chseeads

Roscoe

Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

MelodyB

The Purple Fuzzy

MelodyB

How do they expect you to read that many? How long do you get to keep them? We have one month at a time.

SippinTea

200 makes sense. 10 does not. Or so says rWooby rWingo. ;)

Isaac, I'm sorry about your dog. :(

Concerned for my dad. He's carrying an awful lot right now. And more got dumped on him yesterday.

:beret:
"Not everything that is of God is easy." -Elona

"When you're wildly in love with someone, it changes everything." -F. Chan

"A real live hug anytime you want it is priceless." -Rachel

Newsman

I LOVE sausage egg mcmuffins!  :fork: :fork: :fork: :fork: :fork: :fork: :fork: :fork: :fork:

Oh, hello everyone!

John  :waving:

Quote from: MellowYellow on July 25, 2011, 01:43:51 PM
Buenos Dias. 

Beautiful morning.  Dropped DH off at the airport @ 6:30 this am.  It's nice out at that hour.. LOL 

Made some sausage egg mcmuffins.  Going to take the mumchkins to the library.

Newsman

I'm sorry, Isaac, truly.

John

Quote from: Psalm_97 on July 25, 2011, 04:01:37 PM
So I stepped outside this morning and found out my dog has been hit by an automobile and is dead.    :sadbounce:

IowaSkirtGirl

*sad* It's never a good thing to lose a pet :( Sorry for your loss :(

Today is Day 1. I am a habitual yo-yo dieter. You'll learn this sooner or later, so I guess sooner is better. I am trying something new. I'm not restricting what I can eat, but how much. And I'm doing yoga and some basic stretching and strengthening. So we'll see.
I'm just me, round and bubbly like a lil honey bee!

Melody

yeah, I asked her cause I figured I'd need to put some of Hannah's on my card.  She had gotten 14.  They're due back Aug. 22nd. 

I can't imagine why or how anyone would do 200.  But I'm assuming that means Cds, DVDs, online downloads, etc.

Speaking of which, Nathan said he feels like he would like to read a good novel.  He hasn't read one since HIGHSCHOOL and only for school. 

So I would like to go to the Borders (all of which are closing- bankrupcy) and buy one, or do amazon.  Wrap it in a pretty bow and have it be a nice little gift for his return home.  His love language is gifts.  ☺

I know which ones you recommended to Me.  Would you still recommend Alcorn for Nathan?   

MelodyB

Chseeads

taco_harvell

In love with RainbowJingles

http://lessonsintrust.blogspot.com/

Melody

Quote from: MelodyB on July 25, 2011, 06:41:25 PMYES! I would reccomend Alcorn for everyone!

Just ordered Deadline for about $4 on Amazon.

Seth.. you're silly.

The Purple Fuzzy

Well, tonight is the family visitation at the funeral home for my step mom.  I'm leaving work at 4 so I don't have to rush so much to get there in time.

MelodyB

SippinTea

Good choice, Melodya! :thumbsup2:

Re: the 200 books thing... I actually CAN understand it. *LOL* My family's typical library trips had ALL of us carrying so many books we were staggering out to the car in a valiant attempt to not drop anything.  :cool: And now Sean and Jason are well on the way to following suit. I love it. :great:

:beret:

P.S. I can't remember how old your kids are, Melodya, but did you see the childrens' books I listed for sale?
"Not everything that is of God is easy." -Elona

"When you're wildly in love with someone, it changes everything." -F. Chan

"A real live hug anytime you want it is priceless." -Rachel