News:

You can reach your profile and change its settings here.

Main Menu

What traits?...

Started by SippinTea, March 26, 2010, 01:28:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Newsman

Thanks..feeling marginally better..went home and slept a while..I seem to be doing a bit better as long as I don't eat anything or drink much..will cause problems soon re blood sugar and trying to teach/preach if I can't eat..covered the mnimum work just a bit ago..add some more notes for the lesson today and I'm going back hom til late this morning (we have afternoon services.)

John/IBOB  :waving:

Tsalagi

I was reading back through this thread and wanted to pop in with a quote and a question:

QuoteYes, the toy made my Christmas merrier, but as we celebrate Valentine's Day, here's a less merry idea: Modern youth culture's love affair with the iPod may explain why this holiday will be lonelier for many people of my generation.

Was I the only one mildly grossed out by this statement?  I don't know the author's age, but this sentence sounds as though she is encouraging the cougar.

Gag.

Lynx

On the original topic...  Wait, why am I even in this thread? I'm over 20 and have never even been on a single date.  Oh well, this is the traits list anyway:

A lady who complements me.  Not one who throws complIments at me, but one who's life, abilities and viewpoints complEment mine, so that her strengths make up for my weaknesses and mine make up for hers.  A lady who will be willing to do the things she is good at, let me do the things I am good at and have the wisdom to know the difference.

A lady who will not let pride get in the way of common sense, and will bring it to my attention if I do so (sometimes I still do.)

A lady who is not afraid to state her opinion when she thinks it will contradict mine, and who can bear it if I state an opinion that contradicts hers.  One who has the perspective to know when disagreements are not worth resolving.  A lady who can agree to disagree, and has the wisdom to know what can be left alone.

A lady who can correct me without belittling me.  One who can show me where I am wrong without putting me down.  Sometimes I am in fact wrong.  One who will have patience with me while I figure something out, and will graciously accept it if it turns out she is wrong.

A lady who is close enough to God to ask Him about matters we will face.  One who is sensitive enough in the spirit to know if something is wrong with me and gentle enough to bring it up the right way.  One who hears God clearly enough that I won't even have to tell her what I feel is the right choice - we will both be getting our direction from the same source.  (Yes these DO exist, but they're either all married or too far away from where I live.)

A lady who is good at talking to people (this is one of those weaknesses I was talking about I have - I'm a semi-pro listener, but not a good conversation starter.)

A lady who does not talk bad about people.  I know firsthand how much damage gossip can do, in my own family.  :argue:  I have also known some good ministers who will never be back to our church because their wives were verbal wrecking balls, constantly tearing down people.

A lady who can stand me singing or humming to myself all the time.  I mean ALL the time.  This is probably asking a lot, but it's a fact that I will be singing very often and for great lengths of time, usually quietly, but sometimes constantly.  Just something she'll have to put up with I'm afraid. 

As for things I have to work on, that is a bit personal and I don't want to list those here.  Sufficient to say I have some faults to work on, but God and I are working on them. 
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Lynx

Quote from: Scott on September 21, 2010, 08:59:16 PM

My family is nuts too, I have family members that my wife and kids have only briefly met at funerals for just a few moments.

Ex Cons, Biker gang girlfriend, dope dealer, welfare cheats, moonshiners, and those are the good ones.
Wow, sometimes I need something like this to remind me to appreciate my family.  Maybe I should have read through this thread before posting that last post. 

Reading this thread, I see a lot of things in my list haven't been mentioned by anyone else.  Maybe I'm more weird than I thought...
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

junkie0

(R.I.P.) YooperYankDude

Feed The Bachelors 2010

Kloey

You know, my friends and I were discussing something very similar to the original topic today.  After giving it "due" consideration, I'm still a bit fuzzy on the details.  As often as I've chosen the wrong fellow, I've decided to kick back and let Jesus deliver my victim, er, dood!  He knows the desires of my heart and the needs of my soul, so I trust Him to provide the perfect frame for the canvas that is me.

As to myself, I am, perhaps, a tad too independent.  Also, working in law enforcement, I cannot help but feel as if I've been robbed of a great deal of my innocence and trust in mankind.  I miss the days in which I never thought to thoroughly "audit" people, looking for the rip in the seam.  Thankfully, I'm not a naturally suspicious person.  Otherwise, I'd be wearing a foil hat in a tiny, darkened room, staring obsessively at news articles covering every available space... :biglaugh:.

P.s.
I'm back. :freaky2:
I am activated to pursue His kingdom, not for what it is, but for the absence found within.

Roscoe

Quote from: Kloey on April 02, 2011, 04:51:49 AM
You know, my friends and I were discussing something very similar to the original topic today.  After giving it "due" consideration, I'm still a bit fuzzy on the details.  As often as I've chosen the wrong fellow, I've decided to kick back and let Jesus deliver my victim, er, dood!  He knows the desires of my heart and the needs of my soul, so I trust Him to provide the perfect frame for the canvas that is me.

As to myself, I am, perhaps, a tad too independent.  Also, working in law enforcement, I cannot help but feel as if I've been robbed of a great deal of my innocence and trust in mankind.  I miss the days in which I never thought to thoroughly "audit" people, looking for the rip in the seam.  Thankfully, I'm not a naturally suspicious person.  Otherwise, I'd be wearing a foil hat in a tiny, darkened room, staring obsessively at news articles covering every available space... :biglaugh:.

P.s.
So true! I went from a kind, trusting, naive kid to a paranoid, suspicious, pain in the hind quarters over the past ten years. :laughhard:

Oh ,and you got something against foil hats?!? That's my favorite head gear. They even issue them to cops around here after five years. :laughhard:
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Kloey

Quote from: Roscoe on April 02, 2011, 02:48:40 PM

P.s.
So true! I went from a kind, trusting, naive kid to a paranoid, suspicious, pain in the hind quarters over the past ten years. :laughhard:

Oh ,and you got something against foil hats?!? That's my favorite head gear. They even issue them to cops around here after five years. :laughhard:

Nope.  Have one myself.  It's even self-heating...lol.  Besides, I know why they issue 'em to you fellas.  Can't have the extraterrestrials reading your minds and discovering the location of the doughnut cache!
I am activated to pursue His kingdom, not for what it is, but for the absence found within.

Roscoe

Quote from: Kloey on April 02, 2011, 06:34:28 PM

P.s.

Nope.  Have one myself.  It's even self-heating...lol.  Besides, I know why they issue 'em to you fellas.  Can't have the extraterrestrials reading your minds and discovering the location of the doughnut cache!
Dougnut cache?!? What donut cache?!? You're crazy, there is no donut cache!
* Roscoe hurridly scuttles away to attend to moving things that are alleged to exist before the MEDIA (aka Newsman) comes snooping and takes any donuts that *might* exist.

:laughhard:
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Kloey

Quote from: Roscoe on April 02, 2011, 06:56:03 PM

P.s.

* Roscoe hurridly scuttles away to attend to moving things that are alleged to exist before the MEDIA (aka Newsman) comes snooping and takes any donuts that *might* exist.

Yes, yes, of course.  What is this doughnut cache of which we speak?  If such a thing indeed existed, surely the government would make its presence known.''

*Snicker.*

I bake.  John can be bought... :freaky2:

Roscoe

Quote from: Kloey on April 03, 2011, 04:27:32 AM
Quote from: Roscoe on April 02, 2011, 06:56:03 PM

P.s.

Yes, yes, of course.  What is this doughnut cache of which we speak?  If such a thing indeed existed, surely the government would make its presence known.''

*Snicker.*

I bake.  John can be bought... :freaky2:
I am offended. Sir John cannot be bought, he has way too much integrity for that. He can, however, be rented or leased for an extended period of time, however. :laughhard: Fairly cheaply,too, I'm told. :lol:

MelodyB

A gas station hot dog, a honey bun and a two liter of Pepsi works well as payment to John I'm told.

:hypocrite:
Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

Newsman

RainbowJingles

*skimming a few posts and adding my own thoughts to what I think was the original topic*
lol

Happily, my ever-so-long list went out the window recently, and was replaced with a much much shorter list:

1. A man who loves God with all of his heart, soul, mind and strength.
2. Someone I can respect, even when I find out he's not perfect.
3. Someone who would dare to love me in spite of my imperfections.

Kloey

Quote from: RainbowJingles on April 07, 2011, 12:55:09 AM
*skimming a few posts and adding my own thoughts to what I think was the original topic*
lol

Happily, my ever-so-long list went out the window recently, and was replaced with a much much shorter list:

1. A man who loves God with all of his heart, soul, mind and strength.
2. Someone I can respect, even when I find out he's not perfect.
3. Someone who would dare to love me in spite of my imperfections.

I think this is quite possibly the absolute, perfect answer!

sunlight

:attackhug: Be full of hugs!

RainbowJingles

Quote from: RainbowJingles on March 26, 2010, 08:19:26 AM
The most important is the obvious "God first" item.  Someone who puts God absolutely FIRST in everything and every aspect of his life, from his career and church work to his family, friends, and even day-to-day "small" choices.

At the top of my personal list of what I pray God sees fit to give me in a man is a good sense of humor - the kind that laughs WITH people, not AT them (I don't think much can make me upset faster than someone who feels the need to put others down in order to get laughs, or to feel superior themselves; do NOT get me started!).

For me: *sigh*  I apparently have a lot to work on, and God has been merciful enough to show me some of them one at a time while giving me the tools to help work on them.

I can only pray that God will send someone who is a bit ahead of me on some things, who will help me grow...  someone who can encourage me in my growth...  someone who will grow WITH me.

I apparently already answered this before.
Wow...  Amazing what a year can do in your life, isn't it?

Heather

someone who thinks i'm worth their time.... :roll:
Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali