Lets all go to the Seven Eleven in........Sharing 427

Started by taco_harvell, February 26, 2011, 03:14:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

(R.I.P.) YooperYankDude

Quote from: taco_harvell on February 26, 2011, 11:24:35 PM
Quote from: YooperYankDude on February 26, 2011, 10:59:58 PM
Wow... how did I miss out on that whole last sharing thread... LOL... I think a read a few pages of the 21 pages... OGG!

It is snowing...
I'm renting a car, cause the truck wheel is about to fall off and kill me in the process...

2008 Chevy Cobalt LT - 40,000miles?  Or VW Jetta GLS - 49,000 miles???
(Meaning buy which one... I am renting a 2011 Dodge Avenger! That is a nice ride... but out of range... and the MPG isnt that great...)

Buy the Dodge Avenger!!! That's a great car!!

From what I have heard the Jetta will probably be more reliable.  I haven't heard great things about the Cobalt.

I know the Jetta is a great car... 5 speed, leather, all power... sun roof! Woohoo!  I like the Cobalt... but don't know a lot other than I drove one for a weekend and loved it. If I could afford the Avenger, I would go buy a Toyota! LOL... I am figuring that since the Jetta is a 2004, and only 49000 miles... the guy that owned it must have had something else he liked to drive... that is only 7000 miles a yr... lol.

I looked at an Aveo, but the reviews for it were TERRIBLE! LOL
Quote from: Chseeads on February 26, 2011, 11:31:40 PM
Buy a bicyle and a horse.  :smirk2:

Going to church in a few minutes.  I need to get saved.
I have a bicycle, and a moped... but both of those are not able to be ridden at the moment... it is snowing Again!!  :(

Feed The Bachelors 2010

Lynx

Wow, this is a lot more complex than our usual I-need-a-car modus operandi.  We make the rounds of the used car lots in reach and pray a lot for guidance.

And I'm not even kidding.  We always get a good dependable car that way.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Roscoe

I'd have to recommend.....a Miata! :laughhard:
But, since you are so insecure in your manhood and despise the fun little car, I'd say go with the VW, unless the cobalt is an SS model. those little suckers will run. A local guy had one he'd modified a bit- After watching him smoke a camaro, I wouldn't play with him in the 'vette too much. It'd be embarrassing to be outrun by a cobalt in my 'vette, but I'm pretty sure that would've happened. :laughhard:

The downside to the VW would be parts prices, I would think. But, they seem to be nearly bulletproof little cars.

And Welcome back, ya big clown. You WERE missed. ( Well, a little, anyway) Oh, and I returned your call..... I had the top down on the "girly car" and The Payne Family blasting and didn't hear the phone. :waving:
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Newsman

Melody

ok, so what's your all's favorite car, if you could have any one? 

Aston Martin

Heather

Went to church tonight. God keeps reading my mail. Lol.

Going back to Impact in the morning.
Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali

taco_harvell

Quote from: MellowYellow on February 27, 2011, 01:23:09 AM
ok, so what's your all's favorite car, if you could have any one? 

1957 Chevy BelAir

This has always been my dream car since I saw one for the first time as a kid. I would take this over any other car out there.
In love with RainbowJingles

http://lessonsintrust.blogspot.com/

Lynx

Anything that runs, will last a long time and does not leak when it rains.  I never have been picky in that area as long as it gets me from A to B safely and securely.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

Babs

* Babs cant believe she hugged another real human being, twice in one year  :waving:
Religion is worthless until it is able to move outside the walls.

My latest blog post.

Chseeads

Quote from: baristagirl on February 27, 2011, 01:24:28 AM
Went to church tonight. God keeps reading my mail. Lol.

Going back to Impact in the morning.

Did He tell you YOU MIGHT ALREADY BE A WINNER?!?!

Quote from: YooperYankDude on February 26, 2011, 11:42:07 PMI looked at an Aveo, but the reviews for it were TERRIBLE! LOL

I looked at Aveos at one point.  They seemed very chincy and not very roomy, etc.

Went to church, came home, had a spell somewhere in the course of that.

:smirk2:

:yawn:

The Purple Fuzzy

Quote from: Babs on February 27, 2011, 03:48:06 AM
* Babs cant believe she hugged another real human being, twice in one year  :waving:
LOL!  You didn't have much choice.  :lol:

Babs

haha at least i know where chellypoo gets it from lol

My latest blog post.

Chseeads

Babs

Quote from: Chseeads on February 27, 2011, 04:01:03 AM
Did you squeeze the poop out of her, Rat's Nest?

more  like the other way around lol

one day i might get used to this hug stuff if they keep this up lol

My latest blog post.

Lynx

I hugged my grandma.  She needed one.  If you don't have anything to pray for tonight, maybe pray for my grandma?
"Do you sing at church?"

Babs

even if i had something i can always have time for that. praying

My latest blog post.

Lynx

Well I'm gonna sit the hack, I mean hit the sack.  Night y'all.
"Do you sing at church?"

SippinTea

Mini - *sniff* I'm so proud of you.

Barb - Hugs are wonderful things. Just sayin'... ;)

Spent a lovely day with my three men :)

:beret:
"Not everything that is of God is easy." -Elona

"When you're wildly in love with someone, it changes everything." -F. Chan

"A real live hug anytime you want it is priceless." -Rachel

Tricia Lea

Babs

My latest blog post.

The Purple Fuzzy

LOL!  So if folks come to see the house, they should bring cleaning supplies. :hypocrite:

Babs

Quote from: The Purple Fuzzy on February 27, 2011, 05:45:34 AM
LOL!  So if folks come to see the house, they should bring cleaning supplies. :hypocrite:

lol i may need to make a new sign lol

but seriously that thing is too cool, never used one before lol

My latest blog post.

Nelle

Avenger parts used to be super expensive to fix/replace.

I have a Hyundai Elantra. They're not too expensive and I really like it so far. Not my dream car, but she's pretty nice still. :)

Feeling thankful tonight. :) we had a good time at the party. Lots of girl talk. It was nice! This time next week, Mer will be married and on her honeymoon! Crazy!!

Newsman

Felt really odd 2-3 times last couple of days, plus got sick 2-3 times..at least I'm numerically balanced :)

Ugg

John  :waving:

Roscoe

Uggg..... Dragging a bit this morning. NyQuil is my friend at night, but not the next morning.  :waving: at everybody.
Quote from: Chseeads on February 27, 2011, 03:54:25 AM

Quote from: YooperYankDude on February 26, 2011, 11:42:07 PMI looked at an Aveo, but the reviews for it were TERRIBLE! LOL

I looked at Aveos at one point.  They seemed very chincy and not very roomy, etc.

Went to church, came home, had a spell somewhere in the course of that.

:smirk2:

:yawn:
My mother-in law has an Aveo. She likes it, I thought it was kinda cheap feeling, but figured it was because I'd just gotten out of Lou's CTS, which is an '05, but still very nice. I actually considered one when I bought the Miata, but decided to buy a $2500 car instead of a $8,000 + car.

Hi, Lady Wooby. You've been really quiet here lately- you planning on coming back on here anytime soon? :laughhard:
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison