News:

Is the forum a bit confusing for you? Are there some features you're not sure how to use? Check out this help topic!

Main Menu

Ask Mom some more! Its thread #4!!

Started by MelodyB, February 04, 2008, 03:33:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Newsman

BOL!

:highfive:

John  :waving:

Quote from: teacheroftheLord on February 05, 2008, 06:17:41 AM
Mel  :o shame on you for lifting the teddys dress up.  Not even a teddy bear can have some modesty on GP.  :nono:

Edit: put the wrong code for the smiley and changed the wording a bit

sunlight

hehe! this is great!
* sunlight hugs Sis-Mom and everyone else here!
  :attackhug: Be full of hugs!

Sister_Mom

God determines who walks into your life....it's up to you to decide who you let walk away, who you let stay, and who you refuse to let go.

sunlight

MelodyB

Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

MelodyB

Sister_Mom

God determines who walks into your life....it's up to you to decide who you let walk away, who you let stay, and who you refuse to let go.

sunlight

does that happen as often to you as it does to me?

MelodyB

Sister_Mom

Quote from: MelodyB on February 05, 2008, 04:59:09 PM
Quote from: Sister_Mom on February 05, 2008, 04:56:19 PM
Quote from: MelodyB on February 05, 2008, 04:47:27 PM
Well I saw Moms.

Yeah, forgot where I was for a moment.  :laughhard:

??? What does that mean?

No secret hidden meanings, just forgot what thread I was in for a moment. k?  :biglaugh:

sunlight

lol, and who looks here? is that what you meant? BOL! JK.

MelodyB

I still dont know what that has to do with anything...you talking about how I try not to miss anything? And I saw it before you removed it? I dont understand why you did anyway, you posted it in the other thread...and you didnt delete it there.. LOL Oh well.

I think Im too tired to be thinking so much. I have been told that I think to hard about stuff anyway...Im trying not to... LOL

:laughhard: I am cracking myself up!

Or did you mean that he isnt looking in THIS thread?

Backseat Radio

Should Godplace make reservations for you and Brother Dad to have your own branch in the Kissing Tree?

NessasMama

So, Sis Mom.............. whats your secret for finding such a gentleman? ? ?
I was born weird -- this terrible compulsion to behave normally is the result of childhood trauma.

Sis

Quote from: Sister_Mom on February 05, 2008, 05:09:42 PM
No secret hidden meanings, just forgot what thread I was in for a moment. k?  :biglaugh:

Too twiterpated, huh?

Tricia Lea

Hm I thought of a good question.

How has your life changed since meeting brother dad? (and I still feel wierd calling him by that nic lol)

Sister_Mom

Quote from: Tricia Lea on February 28, 2008, 06:10:13 PM
Hm I thought of a good question.

How has your life changed since meeting brother dad? (and I still feel wierd calling him by that nic lol)

Have you asked him about referring to him the way you usually do?

There are so many answers to that question I could go on an on for a while.
I do know the one major thing that I would love to address here, but right now I don't have time, so I'll have to come back to this. So if I don't answer tonight, remind me, ok?  :hi:

MelodyB

amanda18

JUST DANCE!!

Sister_Mom

Quote from: amanda18 on February 29, 2008, 05:29:20 AM
How high can you Jump?

About an inch most of the time, but if I see a snake or a spider, probably about 12 feet high.  :grin:

MelodyB

Sister_Mom

Quote from: Tricia Lea on February 28, 2008, 06:10:13 PM
How has your life changed since meeting brother dad?

For one thing, it's busy. lol Actually, most of that is preparation for the move and the wedding. Almost there!!  :thumbsup2:

I think the biggest life change for me has been the fact that I had to understand that now my life doesn't revolve around me. I've never considered myself a self-centered person, but in a sense I was. Many people live the single life not fully appreciating the positive side of being independent. That wasn't me. I have experienced the other side of that coin and truly loved my independence. I have a good job, great hours and pays well, I was buying my own home (2 bedroom, 3 bath), my car was purchased brand new, I could come and go as I pleased, I could even take off out of town for days at a time on short notice, I even appreciated the fact that I could eat however much or little I wanted and when I wanted and didn't have to plan meals based on someone else's taste and schedule, I didn't even have to plan a meal or think about what I was going to eat - you get hungry you find something to eat - done, I liked going to bed when I wanted to and waking up on my own schedule and not having to worry about making sure anyone else was awake when they were supposed to be  when I could still be sleeping. That list could go on and on..... even more than it already has. I'm sure you get the picture that I really did love my independence, probably to the point of being selfish with my life. My daily choices were mine without having to take anyone else's schedule or plans into consideration and I didn't need anyone to help me do anything. I was never a materialistic person, I never placed a high value on "things" and was never one to try to attain nice things, etc. but what was in my heart was equally as bad. I had my life life exactly the way I wanted it and didn't want to give up anything for anyone.

God started speaking to my heart about sacrifice. Sacrifice doesn't mean give up one thing in expectation of getting another. The heart attitude of a sacrifice means being willing to give up everything for nothing in return, just for the joy of expressing love and appreciation, but most of all to give of oneself, to love in a way that puts my will, wants and desires second to another. When David bought the threshingfloor in order to make a sacrifice, it was because he wanted the plague to stop, but he had asked God to put it on himself and his family instead of the people (a heart willing to make the self sacrifice). When David bought the threshingfloor, first he made burnt offerings - the required, the peace offerings - for thanksgiving. Then the words in 2 Samuel 24:24 ... neither will I offer burnt offerings unto the LORD my God of that which doth cost me nothing.... jumped out at me. There was more sacrificed there than the usual sacrifices. David made a sacrifice of self in order to even be able to offer the other sacrifices.

No, I'm not saying love and marriage is all about sacrifices. David didn't just offer burnt offerings and peace offerings, but was obedient to what the Lord had commanded him to do and just in order to be able to make the offering, it cost him. What would make someone do something like that? Love. How can someone let go of something that is valuable to them without fear, or even regardless of fear? Trust.

My life has now once again been turned upside down and inside out. I have been put in a position to make the choice of letting go of my satisfaction and happiness in my independence. The cost has been great, but when you make a right sacrifice for the right reason, the only pain in the sacrifice is making the decision to give something of yourself. With people we don't know if we give of ourself if it will be something we will regret, but when God's hand is in it and you seek His guidance and His will and you know that His hand is in it, the cost or risk doesn't matter. God sees our heart and He alone knows our motivation and reasoning behind the doing. I knew I had met a person that God had sent, He had clearly arranged the whole thing, in His time, for His purpose. I Love Jesus and I knew I could trust him, taking the step to put action to our trust is the most difficult, but also the most rewarding. God has been good and He never changes. He has brought me someone that already understands this kind of love that is willing to take the risk, to make the sacrifices, to give their all for another. You see, it works both ways and God has abundantly blessed me with a wonderful person to share my life with.

Now I realize that for everything I was willing to give up, God already had a plan and had everything in place for the blessings to be returned at least two-fold. In exchange for my independence and the empty pleasure of being able to do things my way, Jesus gave me someone to share my life with, someone to share in the laughter, a comforter through the tears, a calm in my storm, someone who is dedicated to helping me stay the course in my walk with God, and so much more...... and that's just my soon to be husband, I haven't even started on how awesome his family is. Yes, God has certainly been good. My life is no longer my own to do with as I please and I'm thankful because now my joy is doubled....... and this is just the beginning.

Sister_Mom

Quote from: MelodyB on February 28, 2008, 10:56:00 PM
If she dont, I will. ;)

:popcorn:

So what were you going to say about how my life has changed?  :grin:

MelodyB

:great: :thumbsup2: THAT was an AWESOME post.

Quote from: Sister_Mom on February 29, 2008, 05:44:19 PM
Quote from: MelodyB on February 28, 2008, 10:56:00 PM
If she dont, I will. ;)

:popcorn:

So what were you going to say about how my life has changed?  :grin:

I wasnt, and you know that. :wasup:

However, I can say how my life has changed since you met him. LOL

Sister_Mom

Quote from: MelodyB on February 29, 2008, 11:14:01 PM
:great: :thumbsup2: THAT was an AWESOME post.

Thanks.  :grin:

Quote from: MelodyB on February 29, 2008, 11:14:01 PM

However, I can say how my life has changed since you met him. LOL

:couch: