News:

Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it. -Steven Wright

Main Menu

crispy potatoes with tomato salsa

Started by upcchris, May 19, 2010, 11:41:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

upcchris

I just had to post this one so I can find it again...dunno if I'll ever get around to making it, but it sounds awesome! Great, now I'm hungry LOL...Love crunchy roast spuds :love2:

QuoteCrispy potatoes with tomato salsa
Preparation time:25 mins Cooking time:30 mins Serves:4-6 
Potatoes are the perfect partner to roast chicken, especially when they're good and crispy and topped with something as yummy as this tomato salsa.

Ingredients
11/2 kg chat potatoes
50g butter, finely chopped
2 tsps smoky paprika
2 cloves garlic, crushed
2 tsps finely grated lemon rind
1 tblsp chopped fresh thyme
Salt and pepper, to taste
3 tblsps olive oil
Fresh thyme, to garnish
Roast chicken, to serve
TOMATO SALSA
3 ripe tomatoes, finely chopped
1/2 red onion, finely chopped
2 tsps brown sugar
Method
1 Place potatoes in a large saucepan. Cover with cold water. Bring to boil. Boil gently for about 20 minutes, or until tender. Drain. Place potatoes on a tray in a single layer. Stand until cool enough to handle.

2 Using a potato masher, gently press down on potatoes to slightly flatten. Place potatoes in a large bowl with butter, paprika, garlic, rind and thyme. Season with salt and pepper.

3 Divide oil between two large roasting pans. Heat in a very hot oven (240C) for about 5 minutes, or until hot. Carefully add potatoes. Turn to coat. Return pans to same very hot oven. Cook for 30 minutes, or until crisp and brown.

4 To make tomato salsa, combine tomatoes, onion and sugar in a medium bowl. Season.

5 Sprinkle tomato salsa over potatoes. Garnish with fresh thyme. Serve with roast chicken.

Copyright © 2010 Yahoo!7
All rights reserved.
Television is proof the people will look at anything rather than eachother

Life would be so much easier without hormones

Of all God's creations, humans are the only ones with enough imagination to be bored

Humans are fallible, and they unreasonably expect everyone else not to be

Tina~Chris

sunlight

wow...

how much is 11/2 kg?
what are chat potatoes?
how do you chop butter?
how do you smoke paprika?

:grin: Dude! I wanna come live in Australia for a while just to learn how to cook their stuff!
  :attackhug: Be full of hugs!

(R.I.P.) YooperYankDude

BOL, both ladies, sunlight and miss chris living in australia, cooking food?

Hmmm...

*Yoop goes to check calender for a good date to go chill with the cookin ladies!*

Feed The Bachelors 2010

upcchris

Quote from: sunlight on May 20, 2010, 09:51:24 AM
wow...

how much is 11/2 kg?
what are chat potatoes?
how do you chop butter?
how do you smoke paprika?

:grin: Dude! I wanna come live in Australia for a while just to learn how to cook their stuff!

normal baking spuds will do....I think it's 1 & 1/2 kg....there sould be a measurement conversion online somewhere...and smoky paprika I assume can be bought...though regular paprika will do as well I think.

Anyway..this recipe always makes me hungry LOL huge spud fan over here...and that's really not good for the old waistline :-?
Television is proof the people will look at anything rather than eachother

Life would be so much easier without hormones

Of all God's creations, humans are the only ones with enough imagination to be bored

Humans are fallible, and they unreasonably expect everyone else not to be

Tina~Chris

Tsalagi

...and smoky paprika I assume can be bought

Chel, it's like chipotles, except with bell peppers, not jalapenos.

Oh, how I love potatoes!!

Melody

sounds great! 

I do just about the same thing except I don't bother to boil the potatoes first, they bake just fine in a hot oven.