News:

Did you sleep well? No, I made a few mistakes. -Steven Wright

Main Menu

Music trivia.... Did you know?

Started by SippinTea, May 12, 2010, 04:54:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SippinTea

Did you know...

Charles Ives, in his composition The Unanswered Question instructed pianists to use a bar of wood 14 3/4 inches long (instead of their fingers) to play a "cluster chord"?

:beret:
"Not everything that is of God is easy." -Elona

"When you're wildly in love with someone, it changes everything." -F. Chan

"A real live hug anytime you want it is priceless." -Rachel

SippinTea

Do you know what a Heckelphone is? I didn't know until today. And they're really, really cool! Check it out here if you're curious: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heckelphone

Newsman

Hmm...wondersd what a cluster chord would sound like.. I doubt I could get pastor's wife to let me try that on her big piano we use at the church!

John  :waving:

The Purple Fuzzy

Quote from: SippinTea on May 12, 2010, 11:12:59 PM
Do you know what a Heckelphone is? I didn't know until today. And they're really, really cool! Check it out here if you're curious: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heckelphone

I was thinking it looked kinda like an oboe, and when I read farther the aritcle said it's from the oboe family. Interesting.

SippinTea

Did you know?...

- Paul Hindemith left home at age 11 to support himself by working in beer gardens, theaters, night clubs, and dance halls
- Hindemith also thought musicians could (and should!) master their art... and lived out his own philosophy to the point of composing Trauermusik (Music of Mourning) in just a single days, and performing it the next day.