News:

:teeth: To crack the Top 10 posters, you must have over 11,000 posts. :teeth:

Main Menu

Ask Mom some more! Its thread #4!!

Started by MelodyB, February 04, 2008, 03:33:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sister_Mom

Quote from: giggles on March 19, 2008, 02:02:19 AM
It doesn't have to be Trish. It could be some other (long pause) married Dingbat. Maybe we should get Sir John to rule on this one.

No thank you!!  :tantrum:

:couch:
God determines who walks into your life....it's up to you to decide who you let walk away, who you let stay, and who you refuse to let go.

Just_in

so mom when you and Mel went to NC and yall were heading back home and you really didn't want to leave you just wanted to stay there what did you do to make yourself come back home???

Cause yesterday when i started to leave PC i really didn't want to leave :sadbounce:... and i was like how did mom leave NC all those times that she didn't want to?

~You will never save the world by being like the world~

Sister_Mom

Quote from: Just_in on March 19, 2008, 05:08:51 AM
so mom when you and Mel went to NC and yall were heading back home and you really didn't want to leave you just wanted to stay there what did you do to make yourself come back home???

Cause yesterday when i started to leave PC i really didn't want to leave :sadbounce:... and i was like how did mom leave NC all those times that she didn't want to?

Yeah, I cried every time I left. It would always take about 3 or 4 days for me to get back to "normal".
First of all, I didn't "know" NC is where I was supposed to be, it was just where I "wanted" to be. So first I had to separate my "want" from where God had me.
Second, I had to trust that if that was where God wanted me to be or if He would allow me to be there some day, He would make the arrangements in His due time. So secondly I had to trust His timing and not try to get ahead of Him.

The waiting is the hardest Justin, but it is absolutely necessary. It is even more difficult when you KNOW where you're supposed to be. Lately I've really been liking the song "I Will Worship in the Waiting" by FCC (I may have the group name wrong). But it seems that the writer of that song had to go through a time of waiting for God to make a move or allow a move. Right where we are.
God determines who walks into your life....it's up to you to decide who you let walk away, who you let stay, and who you refuse to let go.

MelodyB

You just know you have to.

I cried all the way home from Miami when I came back from Honduras. My mom was like "Its ok, you will see your friends again..." it wasnt the friends, it was the work of God, she didnt understand what I was going thru, and it annoyed me that she was trying to comfort me, and didnt even have a clue what I was crying about.

You will be home soon enough, stick it out, and dont make and rash decisions while you are so emotional, wait till your emotions settle down, then look at it all again, and it will be more in perspective.

And PRAY...I know, that sounds so simple, but yet it is hard too. But dont just run off from school. Pray and make sure thats what God wants before you go doing things on your own. I have been praying for you all week. And I will continue to.
Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

MelodyB

FFH is the name of the group. :thumbsup2:

Thats an awesome song. I have it on my Ipod.

Sister_Mom

Quote from: MelodyB on March 19, 2008, 02:42:41 PM
FFH is the name of the group. :thumbsup2:

Thats an awesome song. I have it on my Ipod.

Can you send it to him in a format he can listen to when he wants to? Maybe by email?

Thanks, I knew there was at least an "F" in the group name.  :laughhard:

MelodyB

Haha, we were posting at the same time up there. I know it wasnt my thread, or a question to me, but I had to say what I had to say. Hope ya dont mind. ;)

Yeah, I will get on that.

Sister_Mom

Nah, I don't mind. I just feel like while Justin and I are going through different things and we have our different reasons, we are both at the same place. It feels like such a short time before transition and transition is always hard enough, but when it's a transition you want, there are still things that have to happen and it has to be in order. Those last steps and the last days are the hardest to take and makes it the hardest to see it through. Something we all know, but you don't know how it feels until you are there in the middle of it.

Justin, I would also say that something that is helping me is looking back over my life and seeing where God has brought me from and things He has brought me through. There have been so many times in my life that I know I felt like something would never happen, but looking back I can see that God's hand was on the situation even when I couldn't see it while I was in the midst of it. When we look back and remember the times that God was there and was working even when we didn't know it, we can trust that He is still doing the same today. Our job is to remain faithful, trust Him, keep our focus on Him and give Him all praise and honor because He is about to do something huge in our lives!!!!!  :clap:  :clap:

But for now, we must wait.

Sister_Mom

Quote from: Brother Dad on March 19, 2008, 02:25:29 AM
Can anyone be any sweeter.  I love this woman

:love: :love2: :2love: :marry:

I'm waiting.  :grin:

Thank you for your prayers for me and Justin this morning.

MelodyB

I know this isnt the song thread...but....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rzEx2awO2Xs

In The Waiting--FFH

I've seen the red sea part, I've seen the mountains move
But now it seems so dark, I can't even feel you
If you chose to be silent I'll be silent too
I will worship in the waiting, quiet before you
Until your voice like manna from the sky falls

I WILL WORSHIP IN THE WAITING
I WILL WALK WITH THIS SAND BENEATH MY FEET
THOUGH THE WINTER WIND IS BLOWING
THE GROUND IS NOT FROZEN UNDERNEATH
I WILL WORSHIP AND NOT GROW BITTER
CAUSE I KNOW YOU SEE THE END OF IT ALL
AND WITH THE SPRING WILL COME THE RAIN
AND I'LL SEE WHAT WAS GAINED
IN THE WAITING

I've seen the blooms of spring, new life in everything
But now it seems so grey, bright colors fade away
This winter seems much longer and colder than before
But I will worship in the waiting, expecting something more
Until the sun shines warm upon my face again
He Leadeth me He leadeth me
By his own hand He leadeth me
His faithful follower I would be
For by his hand He leadeth me

Sister_Mom

Thank you Melody!!!! Perfect!  :great:

Praise God!!!!! He is my rock and my fortress and He knows what He is doing and where He is taking us!!!!  :clap:  :clap:

I think this is my favorite part of the song:

I will worship and not grow bitter
cause I know you see the end of it all
and with the Spring will come the rain
and I'll see what was gained
in the waiting

Because it makes me think about how God has a purpose for times of waiting in our lives.

SippinTea

Oh great. Just great. Now y'all have made me get all teary again.

*sigh* I'm not doing so great at the waiting thing.

Sis Mom, I really, really, really wish that I could sit down with you for an hour or so, and have a chat just the two of us. Somehow, I think you might understand and would be able to share some wisdom with me.

:beret:
"Not everything that is of God is easy." -Elona

"When you're wildly in love with someone, it changes everything." -F. Chan

"A real live hug anytime you want it is priceless." -Rachel

Tricia Lea

I know you like North Carolina so much now, but what things will you miss about FL  once you leave?

Brother Dad

Quote from: Sister_Mom on March 19, 2008, 02:55:58 PM

:love: :love2: :2love: :marry:

You know I always enjoy praying.  And I want you to know I love you.  I am counting the seconds until you are with me.
Acts 4:12 Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved.

Sister_Mom

Quote from: Tricia Lea on March 19, 2008, 03:58:56 PM
I know you like North Carolina so much now, but what things will you miss about FL  once you leave?

It takes time to get to know people and build relationships. I've been through a lot with a lot of people here and friendships have stood strong through trials, it took a long time for the youth in church to realize I'm not an "old lady", it took a while for people at church to realize that just because I'm a new convert I don't want to be treated like a baby and I'm not going to turn tail and run and turn my back on church, in so many ways I have put a lot into building relationships....... now I have to start all over.
Oh yeah, I'll miss the smell of the fishy, salty air. Most people visiting think it stinks, but when you grow up with that smell, it becomes a smell that's like a comfort food thing, a familiar smell that brings comfort. But I have a feeling that soon, clean mountain air will have the same affect on me. :cloud9:

Sis

:love: :love2: :2love: :marry: .... :baby: ??

MelodyB

Tricia Lea

MelodyB

Quote from: Sis on March 19, 2008, 05:40:03 PM

:love: :love2: :2love: :marry: .... :baby: :baby: :baby: ??

Yeah, but Sis had it wrong...I fixed it. :hypocrite:

Tricia Lea

MelodyB

Tricia Lea

Sister_Mom

Tricia Lea

Sister_Mom