Started by Lynx, March 21, 2020, 10:08:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lynx

"Seems I got to have a change of scene
'Cause every night I have the strangest dreams"

Maybe it's something I'm eating...

Yeah right, like THAT narrows it down.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Lynx

I have kung fu shoes! 

Actually they are cheap black shoes, basically a piece of rubber with some fabric on top. But they are zero-drop (the heel is not thicker than the toe, so I can walk as though I was barefoot... but without getting my feet cut by whatever might be on the ground,) they are nice enough to wear to church, and yesterday I tested them at w*rk and found they don't slip on greasy floors. Oh yeah, and they are $17.

But they are sold at karatemart, and they are marketed as kung fu shoes. =^.^=

I was googling around for some zero-drop shoes that would not break my wallet and google turned these up. Now that I've tested them, I'm going to buy twelve pairs. Every time I find something that works well for me at a low price, they stop making it.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

Roscoe

:hi: Morning all. Back at work. Pleased by one thing- I have managed to add a monitor to my workstation and it work. I now have three monitors to work on my cases with, including one that is probably a 27" monitor.
No more having to close out of something to go find something else. :lol:
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Nelle

Quote from: Lynx on July 13, 2020, 10:05:26 AM. . .

Every time I find something that works well for me at a low price, they stop making it.

Ditto! LOL.. People may wonder why I have several pairs of identical shoes, purses, clothing, etc. - that's why!!

Quote from: Roscoe on July 13, 2020, 12:42:00 PM:hi: Morning all. Back at work. Pleased by one thing- I have managed to add a monitor to my workstation and it work. I now have three monitors to work on my cases with, including one that is probably a 27" monitor.
No more having to close out of something to go find something else. :lol:

I have two at my workstation and I LOVE it. Adding a third would be nice, so I could keep my email on #1, and then work off of #2 and #3.

Nelle

@Work. I think I'm babysitting as well. Coworker (who is the Owner's DIL) had to drive 2 hours one way to give her son his SS card, and her granddaughter stays here with her at work. She didn't want to go with her, so she's watching funny animal videos on YouTube. I didn't realize at the time that she was going to be gone so long.. I'm a little nervous about lunchtime. LOL. She's 5, and we have a sibling relationship.. like.. we fight and then we are friends again. It's quite humorous most of the time, but she's also pretty sweet sometimes. LOL.

I think we are ALL going to like having your daughter here! LOL..

My poor husband was supposed to go into work at 10:30 today, but got called in two hours early. On the way into work this morning, he said it's going to be a very late day. Several call-outs so they're looking at 12-13 hour day out in the heat delivering mail. Poor guy. I've had very few days where I've been asleep when he came home from work, but it sounds like today might be another one. (I go to bed between 9:30 and 10, fyi)

The Purple Fuzzy

It's so hot & humid that when I went out to do a few chores I came back dripping wet. I had to wash up & change.

Roscoe

Quote from: The Purple Fuzzy on July 13, 2020, 02:59:39 PMIt's so hot & humid that when I went out to do a few chores I came back dripping wet. I had to wash up & change.
A wet Purple Fuzzy. Brings a whole new meaning to the old nickname of "Rat's Nest". LOL

And we shall see how much fun it is having Chey here. She will probably tell tales on me and try to get me in trouble. :sadbounce:

Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

The Purple Fuzzy

Quote from: Roscoe on July 13, 2020, 04:11:46 PM
Quote from: The Purple Fuzzy on July 13, 2020, 02:59:39 PMIt's so hot & humid that when I went out to do a few chores I came back dripping wet. I had to wash up & change.
A wet Purple Fuzzy. Brings a whole new meaning to the old nickname of "Rat's Nest". LOL

And we shall see how much fun it is having Chey here. She will probably tell tales on me and try to get me in trouble. :sadbounce:

You still got the keys to the vette, don't ya? That should pretty well keep her in line. ;)

GrumpyBear

Quote from: The Purple Fuzzy on July 14, 2020, 01:32:18 AM
Quote from: Roscoe on July 13, 2020, 04:11:46 PM

You still got the keys to the vette, don't ya? That should pretty well keep her in line. ;)
Actually,I have the keys :cool:
Roscoe's Daughter
Daddy's Girl<3
Spending dad's money on cars, guns, and clothes since 2006;)

GrumpyBear

Anyways, Since I haven't posted, I'll update y'all on what I made for "Roscoe"
I decided to make him a buttermilk pie for when he got in, Perfect Daughter? Yes, I am :hypocrite:
Roscoe's Daughter
Daddy's Girl<3

Lynx

Someone said buttermilk pie, so here I am!  :teeth:

Actually I'm still recovering from the buttermilk pie flood of 2018. I made enough buttermilk pie filling to fill an industrial size roasting pan (about 22 inches long) and baked it with crushed pears and cinnamon on top.

Of course it was not all eaten at the church dinner, so I had a lot of buttermilk pie with pears to eat over the next few weeks. I also found if you freeze it, it's still sticky... my usual method of freezing stuff and cutting it into small portions to stash in the deep freeze wouldn't work here.

This may sound like heresy to some, and before it happened this would sound like heresy to me, but... I don't want no more buttermilk pie for a while.
"Do you sing at church?"

mini

Ugh.

We haven had power since Saturday night.  Bad storms rolled through and wiped out all the power in town.  We are part of the last line to be restored.  Thank Go for a generator, but I'm tired of the drone of that engine.

I'm ready for air conditioning and electricity.

Also, welcome Chey!
DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

The Purple Fuzzy

Oh my. It's a bad time for no electricity. Sorry about that, mini.

Roscoe

:hi: Morning. At work. Dragging majorly. The buttermilk pie was amazing as always- but she made TWO pies, and I only see ONE. This means she 1) ate my other pie 2) HID my other pie or 3) gave my other pie away. None of which can be tolerated. :pound: This majorly hinders the whole "perfect daughter" thing she was trying for.
Sorry Mini is air-less. I know that is rough in this weather.
Went last night and delivered our old couch to my kid brother and our old recliners to a lady in our church that wanted them. Now Lou can park in the carport again. :lol:

Nelle

@work. It's only 9:45ish and I'm already needing a nap and lunch, haha.

My brother & SIL arrived last night at my parents. Very much surprised my mom, but my dad maintains that he had an idea it was happening. LOL. I am also going down this weekend and coming back Monday sometime, I hope.

Our Tennessee vacation in October was cancelled due to COVID, but I think we may still go to Nevada to see our friends there. (This is the family we go on our bigger vacations with, or we go to their home!)

mini

Im glad to report that power came back on finally!

Now if we can just get the house cooled down...lol

Back at work for the first time in a few days.
DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

Lynx

Quote from: Roscoe on July 13, 2020, 01:33:18 AMWell. Went to church. Stopped at McDonald's and ate with the Longs ( Chey's HNMBD's family). Dreading tomorrow like I used to dread a whipping when Mama went for a switch....

Oh yeah... Chey, about that... yes, we have heard about your "He's NOT My Boyfriend, Dad!" friend.

We're adults here, and will not tease you about it... well, Bobby probably will... but you should know that we have heard the tales.
"Do you sing at church?"

Roscoe

:hi: Lord, I am back at work. 100% do not want to be here. Was up until the wee hours of the morning talking to a backslider. That makes for a very short amount of sleep when ya have to work the next day.

mini

Good morning.

I have a bible study to get ready for and about 500 other things to get ready to go out the door.

The air conditioner man had to come out and look at the unit.  The house finally cooled down at about midnight.  I went out and looked at the condensation pipe when I got home and it looked like an artesian well...LOL  I guess 3 days of heat can really bring in the humidity.

Roscoe, did we scare Chey off?

Nelle

@Work. Went to bed too late, so I'm a little extra sleepy today.

My parents a/c has died twice this week. Hopefully the guy can get it fixed today when he goes out again. Apparently I get my "hotry" from my mother (it's when you get hot, and it makes you angry. Like hangry, but with heat.) I had to talk her off the ledge a few times when she was chompin at the bits to argue with someone LOL. Distracted her with the idea of a puzzle, a cold glass of sweet tea, and if all else failed, go take a cold shower & sit in front of a fan. I personally am really praying they get it fixed up so that I can still come this weekend. I cannot do 80+ degrees in their house with 4 other people, or they'll be talking ME off the ledge too hahahaha. Even in the winter, I would pretty much combust in 80+ degrees.

Roscoe

HA! I guess I'm a weirdo. We didn't have AC until I was 18 or so, and it doesn't bother me that much. I like the AC and appreciate it- but I ride around in arkansas summers in a black truck with no ac and only consider putting ac in it a couple of times a year. Now heat- I gotta have heat. Could be because I grew up with wood heat and my mama had one philosophy in the winter time- pile on the wood. If it wasn't 80 degrees she was shivering. :lol:

GrumpyBear

To those wondering where I am...NO y'all did not scare me off! I've just had a dead computer for awhile! :biglaugh:
Roscoe's Daughter
Daddy's Girl<3

Lynx

Someone say dead computer?

*Lynx perks up and goes into diagnostic mode.
"Do you sing at church?"

Roscoe

Quote from: Lynx on July 16, 2020, 11:34:36 AMSomeone say dead computer?

*Lynx perks up and goes into diagnostic mode.
Calm down weird cat. It was dead because she didn't plug it in to recharge the battery. Even an idiot like me can diagnose that one. :lol:
Morning all. Back at work. Trying to keep a god spirit. One of my coworkers, who I love dearly found out about my rating on our yearly evaluations. Another coworker had walked in and saw it on my desktop while I was reviewing it, and apparently told her. It seems hers was not quite that high, and now I get snarky comments frequently, like " Hey Highly Effective, how do you do this?" I love the kid, honestly would have rated her as high as me were I the supervisor, and can't fix this.  I asked her, do you want me to go to the supervisor and ask him to take my rating back and give me a lower one? I didn't ask for the rating, just did my job like I always do....
Oh well, I'll stay in my office and hopefully she will move on. There's nothing I can do. And she isn't mad at me, just annoyed at the rating. I wish the other coworker, who left for another job two days later  would've kept her mouth shut. :pound:

Nelle

That stinks. I can't imagine saying that to my coworker even if I thought it! LOL. It's not like you can control it. She knows now that she's not meeting the expectation for that rating, so maybe.. she needs to up her game to be seen and noticed.

@Work. Tomorrow is Arkansas day!! Woohooo. They got the a/c repaired yesterday and were busy painting scenes on canvas when I called last evening.

I'm also a little excited because.. I got an adapter for their tv. Now, if they cancel physical services and go online this weekend, we can still watch at their house using my phone and this adapter. (They don't have internet.) It's insane to me that I can literally cast my phone onto a tv. Technology is neat.

I'm also STARVING for pizza. Like.. Literally. The thought of biting into a hot slice of yummy cheese. Ah..