News:

:teeth: To crack the Top 10 posters, you must have over 11,000 posts. :teeth:

Main Menu

By special request of Lord Elvin, it's sharing 511

Started by Lynx, October 23, 2018, 02:01:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lynx

As requested  by our vertically challenged moderator...
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

The Purple Fuzzy

Nelle

We short people are just fun size. :)

Thinking about eating lunch. I didn't enjoy the meatballs as much as I remembered enjoying them.. I feel like our recipe was a little off or maybe we bought the wrong salsa, haha. Ah well..

I'm going to probably eat a mix of sweet & spicy tuna w/ shredded cheddar cheese and crackers. I also brought my cottage cheese, so I will probably also eat some of that. I need to go to the store tonight and get some baby spinach so that I can continue my salads. I wanted one today, but I am paying for not wanting to go to the grocery store last night, haha. Ohhhhh well. :)

Husband is back at work today. Thankfully it was a one-day case, but an absolutely soul shivering one apparently. It dealt with a mental health facility, someone who originally self-committed before, but wanted out now, who should never be out again in public due to the danger to themselves and others. Hearing my husband talk about it and hearing how very scared/concerned he was, it breaks my heart. She's such a pretty girl, she's a daughter, she's made some bad choices in her life that have unfortunately damaged her brain cells, and while I won't rule out that there could be bad spirits at work as well, it was heartbreaking hearing her degrade herself, show mistrust and abuse towards others and herself, all while people around her were trying their best to help her. God loves her and she needs Him more than she will ever know. I'm going to be praying for her. It breaks my heart that there are people in this world just like her, maybe some not as bad, maybe some worse off - and they are trying to seek out something that will make them feel better, and all they truly need is God. He can heal their hearts, their minds, their souls, and their bodies.

Roscoe

Totally considering a hunting season on cats in my domain of GP after reading this title. :pound:
And I need prayers. We were surprised by an announcement today that there is a new supervisor position in my office open. I have been approached about it and encouraged to apply. Please pray for guidance and most importantly, God's will.
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

MsJennJenn

It's so gloomy this morning. Where's my sunshine!?  :sadbounce:
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

Lynx

Quote from: Roscoe on October 24, 2018, 12:43:50 AMTotally considering a hunting season on cats in my domain of GP after reading this title. :pound:
He specifically requested a new sharing thread.

Sharing threads have to at least partially rhyme. We have already done "heaven" to death as a rhyme for "seven" and "eleven."

I gave him exactly what he asked for.

And he starts talking about cat hunting season.

*sigh

Just can't please some people.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

Roscoe

Quote from: Lynx on October 25, 2018, 02:10:33 AM
Quote from: Roscoe on October 24, 2018, 12:43:50 AMTotally considering a hunting season on cats in my domain of GP after reading this title. :pound:
He specifically requested a new sharing thread.

Sharing threads have to at least partially rhyme. We have already done "heaven" to death as a rhyme for "seven" and "eleven."

I gave him exactly what he asked for.

And he starts talking about cat hunting season.

*sigh

Just can't please some people.
No. You can't. But on the other hand,a fleeing puddi tat would at least make me laugh.
 Anyhoo... got to church tonight and received the unwelcome news that the scheduled speaker was-ME. Nary a note, and I'm one of those that need my notes.
A thought, three scriptures and a lot of God got me through it. As usual, I finished feeling wiped out, but delivered.
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

The Purple Fuzzy

It has been raining again. All day. I like rain but I don't want it all at once.

Lynx

Quote from: Roscoe on October 25, 2018, 03:20:35 AMAnyhoo... got to church tonight and received the unwelcome news that the scheduled speaker was-ME. Nary a note, and I'm one of those that need my notes.
A thought, three scriptures and a lot of God got me through it. As usual, I finished feeling wiped out, but delivered.
It's time to join the digital age brother. Put notes on your phone. You'll always have them with you. God rescued you this time but you need to take this warning and start preparing for the future.

You don't even have to type them on your phone. Just type them on computer, save them as a .txt file and chunk them on your phone.
"Do you sing at church?"

sunlight

:attackhug: Be full of hugs!

MsJennJenn

I don't know what the Lord Elvin reference is to, but it makes me think of Game of Thrones lol.

Last day of work. I have a 4-day weekend! Have almost 80 hours of vacation to use up. So I'm taking Friday/Monday off.
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

Nelle

Yay for you!!

I've only got like 2 days left of vacation to take thru April, BUT I have tons of comp hours, so I'm saving some of those. Jeremy has to take 'craft break' in December for a week, which only a few of those are chargeable hours for me, BUT.. I'm excited b/c I want some time off at Christmas to see my family. Plus.. I'm really hoping it snows hard at some point so I can sit in a recliner with an electric blanket, Christmas movies, some coffee, and watch the snow.. LOL. I really just want to stay in my pajamas all day on a day that I normally would be working. I'm not sure what it is, but feeling like I'm playing hooky seems to really brighten a day, LOL.

Ready to go home, but Jeremy's not off work yet and won't be for a while I guess. We are supposed to go in an hour and 15 minutes to a dinner for his grandma's family at Golden Corral. They were just wanting to get all together before some family heads back home. I was looking forward to it.. because I LOVE their mashed potatoes, haha. Hopefully we can make it.

At least I can sign off from work if I want to since it's finally after 4:30.. :)

Roscoe

Quote from: Lynx on October 25, 2018, 09:15:49 AM
Quote from: Roscoe on October 25, 2018, 03:20:35 AMAnyhoo... got to church tonight and received the unwelcome news that the scheduled speaker was-ME. Nary a note, and I'm one of those that need my notes.
It's time to join the digital age brother. Put notes on your phone. You'll always have them with you. God rescued you this time but you need to take this warning and start preparing for the future.

You don't even have to type them on your phone. Just type them on computer, save them as a .txt file and chunk them on your phone.
Problem was... I had no notes to put on the phone. Lol
I had tried to get the message together for over a month- to no avail. God had given me a thought and a scripture and that's where it stalled out..

Lynx

Quote from: Roscoe on October 26, 2018, 02:33:15 AMProblem was... I had no notes to put on the phone. Lol
I had tried to get the message together for over a month- to no avail. God had given me a thought and a scripture and that's where it stalled out..
Keep a pad of paper and pen beside your recliner. Put to good use that time you spend sitting there with your dog in your lap. :cool:
"Do you sing at church?"

Roscoe

Quote from: Lynx on October 26, 2018, 10:19:47 AM
Quote from: Roscoe on October 26, 2018, 02:33:15 AMProblem was... I had no notes to put on the phone. Lol
Keep a pad of paper and pen beside your recliner. Put to good use that time you spend sitting there with your dog in your lap. :cool:
Hard to write there. The drool keeps smearing the ink and when I wake up I can't figure out what"blarglesuffer wheezbulb" meant in relation to the Bible.  :lol:

Been a good day. I went and qualified some folks at the range, then took the rest of the day off.
Since pastor and his wife are gonna be here, along with Taco and Ze 🤡  Clown
I have 1)a pot of pinto beans and ham hocks going 2) fresh bread rising 3) pork loin that has marinated all night smoking 4) and fried taters and a dump cake preparing for dinner. Wish you guys were all here too.

Lynx

Add "5) Lynx sneaking in the back door" to the list.
"Do you sing at church?"

Heather

Much needed day off after a long week at work. It's full on inventory prep and I'm getting a lot of work dumped on me. Of course my day off has turned into walking my mom's dog while she is off to Dollywood with a friend and my sister. Having to go get husband breakfast because he overslept his alarm this am AND accidentally took my set of keys to work [need them to get into my moms]. Plus the usual housework that I put off all week.

Tomorrow is going to be hard. It's Pastor Lewis' last service with us. Brandon thankfully has the day off so he can drive home as I'm a blubberous mess.

Thursday night I took the jump and signed up to start being in the toddler room sunday school rotation. I'll be helping to shape young minds [Lord be with them. Haha!]
Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali

sunlight

Just for the record... roscoe is bad at identifying locations. That's all.

The Purple Fuzzy

mini

And for the record, Roscoe was the one that named said location in the first place.
DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

Lynx

And as usual we bystanders will have to wait (im)patiently through the teaser posts until Bobby explains what happened... >.>

Possibility A: "Bobby is so good at telling stories in an entertaining way so we want to wait for him to tell it."

Possibility B: "It's not really our story to tell, so we'll let Bobby tell his own story."

Possibility C: "We like to get as much embarrassment as possible from the incident so we're going to post teasers so he will have to explain it himself when he gets to the forum."

I know which one I'm betting on.
"Do you sing at church?"

The Purple Fuzzy

sunlight

Roscoe

Well. In this case, I am not to be blamed, but I'll explain anyhoo.
Sometime back, mini introduced me to an app known as life360.
Basically a tracking app, it's been amazing for me and Lou because we don't have to call to find out where each other is at. An added bonus is that it is very accurate, and has helped locate lost phones a time or two.
We have a "circle " that has me,mini ,and taco on it. We can look and see where each other are. Someone-not me despite mini's allegations- named our homes. Mine got named roscoe's hamshack and salvage, and jerm's got named porter's palace. This, however, was prior to mini and chellebelle buying a house and moving.
Last night chel lets me in on a secret. She, burrito and my nephew were going to surprise the porters and ze clowns. She asked if I could see where they were. I looked at the app, it showed them at porters palace, so I told her they were at home. Unfortunately the surprise was a bit off. They were a couple miles away, at the church.
 I'll look a bit closer next time.
And this weekend  was awesome. I totally needed the time with taco and Elona..

Lynx

Whataya mean you are not to be blamed? By your own admission you are the one who didn't look close enough at the screen. Either you ARE to be blamed or you need to immediately repair to the optometrist for a glasses prescription update. :p
"Do you sing at church?"