News:

Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it. -Steven Wright

Main Menu

Twin hurricanes at sea in Sharing 516

Started by sunlight, August 23, 2020, 03:45:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MsJennJenn

"When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

Lynx

I just saw a Pontiac parisienne. Not sure if it's supposed to be a muscle car or a sedan. The body and paint job both look kind of like half of both. The motor sounded definitely unenthusiastic though.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Nelle

I am barely staying awake. I have ONE hour until I get to escape. I have two grocery pickups here around work, and then I have to actually stop at Kroger in my town to pick up meds and fruit. I just want to crawl under a blanket and turn the fan on... and take a nice little nap like the ones I took at my mamaw's in the summer, haha.

Backseat Radio

I'm finally back to normal and back at work. A male friend and I went to visit a church in a nearby town Sunday. The congregation assumed we're a couple cause we only got one visitor gift between us.

I'm officially smartphone free now. Took all of my smartphones and sold them to the phone recycling kiosk at Kroger. Keeping one in storage led to "I'll just put my SIM card in for a moment to check something" and hours later I was still on the smartphone.

Nelle

@Work. Acid reflux struck again last night. I'm unsure what I'm doing wrong.. since I ate within the "safe" timeframe for me, it wasn't even anything wild, except for the fact that it was chilly when I went to bed early, so I turned on the mattress pad. I know dairy & heat don't mix.. lol.

mini

DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

Roscoe

:hi:
Been a long day. Very unhappy with my mortgage company, who has taken a simple refinance and turned it into such an ordeal that I am considering going to another company. Basically, first guy didn't know what he was doing and attempted to write a loan that they couldn't write- it was for people with poor credit and low income apparently. It makes it all the way through the system to the appraisal, and they discover, "hey, we can't do this".
Second guy calls, explains the situation, and we go through the rigmarole again. Today "Hey, we may have to wait a week or so before they will let us lock the interest rate because of the other loan".
Yeah, I'm done. I told him find a way to get it done and an appraisal scheduled this week, or throw the paperwork away and I'll call a local company that values my business and my excellent credit.

Oh, and I've had a headache most of the day. Bah.
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Roscoe

:hi:.
Man, I killed GP. :sadbounce:
And follow up. Made the call to a local mortgage company today. They rollin'. Already found me a cheaper loan and is working on scheduling the appraisal this week.
Funny, my OTHER loan company took an average of 24 hours to call me back. As soon as I heard from my local company I called and left a message with Old Loan company telling them it was them not me, and we were breaking up.
They called back within 20 minutes.Sorry S.uckers!
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

The Purple Fuzzy

They only want to do what's convenient for them. There is a lot of that going around. :smirk2:

The Purple Fuzzy

Roscoe

I've been pretty busy. Dr appointment today. Officially down 15 lbs, and all of my numbers- blood pressure, cholesterol, etc. are very much approved.
Got an appraisal on the house scheduled for Tuesday, so I took off tomorrow. Doing a crash weekend of making everything look as good as possible..

Lynx

Appraisal? You finally moving to that house in town that Lou has been watching for a long time?
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

Roscoe

Quote from: Lynx on April 16, 2021, 08:40:59 AMAppraisal? You finally moving to that house in town that Lou has been watching for a long time?
NO. I am taking advantage of the low interest rate and refinancing what I already own.

Hi, y'all. Can't keep up with life right now. The bariatric surgery plan is moving along rapidly now- got called today scheduling an appointment with the surgeon for a consult. I took today off and spent it cleaning up and organizing the house somewhat. And last night we had or first weekly prayer meeting since the pandemic started. About 10 or 12 of us showed up, and God showed up and showed out. Beautiful spirit in the house.

Roscoe

Well. Slept in a bit today. It was rainy so not much got done. Sitting here halfway studying/preparing for tomorrow and half way watching "The Chosen", a series based on Jesus' life and ministry. Considering making a sandwich...

The Purple Fuzzy

Nelle

@Work. Still have a bit of a cough. Taking sinus meds and drinkin some OJ.. trying to cut it off haha.

Had some family issues this weekend that are hopefully going to be resolved pronto. Scary tho. (In-Law)

My mom is going to have a partial hysterectomy in the next month or so. She's nervous, but she needs to have it done medically. I told her I would come stay with her for a few days when she has it done so I can help out a little so that Dad can focus on the farm and not have to watch her like a hawk. LOL. Hopefully I can get them setup with some homemade freezer meals for the rough days.

Roscoe

Back at work.
Scale shows I have hit my first major target, under 250lbs with a reading of 249.3.
Preached  last night. Church crowd is down and has been since Covid, but at least the faithful  are coming. And fb shows some of the less faithful are watching and commenting,  so they are getting fed something anyway.
Work is busy,  but much less than it has been. I am relieved.  It really has helped my mental health  to have a lighter caseload.
Got appraisal  for the house tomorrow.
I am praying  it will appraise high enough. Everything indicates  it will but I'm a worry worthy.
I'd really  like to be able to complete the shop and start the bedroom  addition.
Be nice to have everything in the dry by winter where I can work at my own pace on the interior.

Backseat Radio

Been a busy day for me. One of my coworkers called off sick this morning. She's running a 102 degree fever.

Lynx

Well I learned something.

The past couple months I have fallen in the habit of getting some milk from a local farm and making a gallon of boiled custard every week. I've tried different flavors in it - vanilla, chocolate-cherry, orange-cinnamon, almond - almond extract was the best so far.

This week I was at the store looking at the spices and saw anise extract. Hmm... licorice boiled custard? Not the best idea in the world, but it shouldn't be TOO bad, and I've never tried it before.

Turns out one should never, ever, EVER mix the smell of anise and egg. I can get past the smell and enjoy the drink, but I'm not about to give any of my friends a mug of this stuff.
"Do you sing at church?"

Roscoe

Morning, all. Back at work. Lou is still having problems breathing. Every since her second Covid vaccine, it's almost like it reactivated Covid symptoms. The doctor is at a loss...

Nelle

How long has it been since her second dose?

It's nice in a way that everyone kinda "crowdfunds" information about their reactions and experiences, because unfortunately, doctors don't seem to know everything about this virus and its friends, haha.

@Work. Lost my gas card sometime in the past week. Realized it this AM when I went to get gas. I'll have to order a new one and wait a week for it to come in, but I'm going to check my seats/floorboards ONE more time before I do that. B/c I know as soon as I report it lost.. I'll find it, haha.

mini

I did that at work recently.

We got a new gas card, boss handed it to me, I laid it on my desk, and it disappeared.  They sent me a new one, but I still haven't found the other "new" one.
DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

Roscoe

It's been about three weeks, I think. Around the 31st. They've gave her some Mucinex and think that allergies, etc are playing a part. Lou was skeptical, but she said tonight that it has helped some.
And re: card- we did a slick move last year with one. Each of our cars has a card in it, along with a mileage log. My coworker lost hers. She called and they cancelled it. Except they didn't. They cancelled MINE, which I had in hand and we discovered when we were out of town on a transport. Had to call our boss and jump through a dozen hoops to use her card. We really were about outta luck with that one- I rarely carry more than $10 or so in cash, and neither does my coworker, and as luck would have it I'd left my checkbook at home. Perfect storm. LOL

And it's supposed to get to freezing tonight. I brought in my two big planters of flowers. Don't want them to be killed.

The Purple Fuzzy

I hope the frost doesn't get my plants. :smirk2:

Nelle

Mine had just renewed in February I believe. LOL. Unfortunately, I think it also cancels my husband's card so I have to time this perfectly. :)

@Work. I still have some coughing and whatnot. If it doesn't get better soon with meds, I'll have to go visit my doctor again.