News:

You can reach your profile and change its settings here.

Main Menu

Now's the Time for Sharing 509

Started by The Purple Fuzzy, April 02, 2018, 09:52:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mini

Hi, Ashlee. I too hope the surgery goes well.

Ruby,  Daddy duty may not bode...he may need day off.

Jenn, I'm glad you did well on your paper, especially since you cant read or write.

Chel, just because I copied your moms post doesn't mean I am gonna copy your moms post.

Fuzz, Who said anything about me copying your post?
DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

The Purple Fuzzy

:roll:  @ Mini :girltongue:

Roscoe

You all is crazy. Period. Nutso.

I am the only sane individual left . :hypocrite:
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

mini

If you are the definition of sane, we are all in trouble.
DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

Ashlee

Quote from: SippinTea on April 11, 2018, 04:06:29 PMPork chops in the crock pot. Sick baby. Hubby home from work. I want coffee. And I need to grab a few things at the grocery store. Seems like a good time to tell hubby he's on daddy-duty and make a run for the store - and maybe grab coffee while I'm at it. :D

:beret:

Our hotel is right down the street from starbucks.  lol  I'm definitely enjoying having a coffee shop in the area again.  All the ones in American Samoa only have dairy so I can't even go to them. 

Quote from: The Purple Fuzzy on April 11, 2018, 05:40:39 PMHi, Ashlee. I hope the surgery goes well. :)

Thanks!  Hey, planning a trip to the mainland in July-Aug, so hopefully I can meet up with you guys!

Lynx

Quote from: Roscoe on April 11, 2018, 09:12:10 PMYou all is crazy. Period. Nutso.

Pffft! Even I am more sane than you. I don't go stringing wires all over the back yard to pick up radio signals. :p
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Roscoe

Tonight...was awesome. I came in and toyed with the idea of staying home. It had been such a long week, and I just wanted to unwind. But something told me to go. So I got up and went to church.
Well. It started typical enough. worship, kinda dry- then Chey and one of her friends walked up for prayer. There was something different on their faces. They got prayed for...then got serious. After an hour or so- CHEY GOT THE HOLY GHOST. I went over and began praying with her- she couldn't stop speaking in tongues. She finally looked at me and said "Daddy, I think I got it." I said what? She said the Holy Ghost. I said you think you did? and she lit up and said "No I KNOW I DID!"
I hope God had a construction crew on hand in heaven, 'cause my Mama doubtless tore down half of the mansions shouting tonight.

Long story short- by the time the night was up, FIVE of our kids from 9 to 12 received that wonderful gift.
I heard several of them, but I waited to hear from them that they got it...cause all the tongues in the world don't mean anything until that joy is there and they KNOW it's there.
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Ashlee

Quote from: mini on April 11, 2018, 06:58:35 PMHi, Ashlee. I too hope the surgery goes well.

Well thanks to you mini fuzzy!

Lynx

:sing: :sing: :sing:
"There's something 'bout the power of the Holy Ghost
I can't explain it
But I got it, oh, I got it"

Makes a daddy's heart swell a bit, eh Bobby? Glad to hear it.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

mini

Quote from: Roscoe on April 12, 2018, 03:11:49 AMTonight...was awesome. I came in and toyed with the idea of staying home. It had been such a long week, and I just wanted to unwind. But something told me to go. So I got up and went to church.
Well. It started typical enough. worship, kinda dry- then Chey and one of her friends walked up for prayer. There was something different on their faces. They got prayed for...then got serious. After an hour or so- CHEY GOT THE HOLY GHOST. I went over and began praying with her- she couldn't stop speaking in tongues. She finally looked at me and said "Daddy, I think I got it." I said what? She said the Holy Ghost. I said you think you did? and she lit up and said "No I KNOW I DID!"
I hope God had a construction crew on hand in heaven, 'cause my Mama doubtless tore down half of the mansions shouting tonight.

Long story short- by the time the night was up, FIVE of our kids from 9 to 12 received that wonderful gift.
I heard several of them, but I waited to hear from them that they got it...cause all the tongues in the world don't mean anything until that joy is there and they KNOW it's there.

This is what it's all about!

Roscoe

Quote from: Lynx on April 12, 2018, 01:55:17 AM
Quote from: Roscoe on April 11, 2018, 09:12:10 PMYou all is crazy. Period. Nutso.

Pffft! Even I am more sane than you. I don't go stringing wires all over the back yard to pick up radio signals. :p
And just so you don't think you escaped with that.... :pound: :pound:
You don't do that 'cause you still think the fillings in your tooth pick up signals just fine. Especially in conjunction with ya tinfoil hat.  :hypocrite:

And morning all. It looks like it is going to be beautiful here today. And I'm stuck inside. I need a mental health day, involving Rusty and Dr Pepper, with copious amounts of bluegrass and dirt roads.

mini

Quote from: Roscoe on April 12, 2018, 01:00:05 PMIt looks like it is going to be beautiful here today. And I'm stuck inside. I need a mental health day, involving Rusty and Dr Pepper, with copious amounts of bluegrass and dirt roads.

As do I.  Fill up your cooler with ice cold Dp's and head my way asap.

MsJennJenn

Whew Bobby making me tear up! So exciting to hear!

Mini... :pound: If I couldn't read or write how I got 2 degrees and working on the 3rd with an A average no less! BOOM.

Lastly, Dr Pepper is G R O S S..... :noo:  :spam:
Last week or the week before, I stopped at a fast food joint for something during my shopping travels and they accidentally gave me DR P. It was so nasty. Bleck.
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

Nelle

Currently drinking Dr Pepper (caffeine free). It tastes the same as regular DP to me, and they were out of regular DP when I went to get some at the store, so I got this instead. I keep being asked if I've got something to tell people, LOL. Uh no. LOL.

Eating leftover pork loin. I think i need him to shred some pieces up and make some nachos maybe tomorrow night. Yum!!

Currently on lunch listening to the printer people install our new plotter. It's... interesting.  I was always teased by out-of-state'rs about having an accent from Arkansas, but have you guys talked to Paducah KY people? I mean.. seriously. I giggle. I think their accent is adorable, but theirs is much "worse" than any I've heard in Arkansas. My accent is JUST the same as the people (if not even.. more.. "educated" sounding) from the area I now live in. It cracks me up how people think you sound so different, but they really sound just the same as you.

Roscoe

Quote from: Nelle on April 12, 2018, 04:13:55 PMCurrently drinking Dr Pepper (caffeine free). It tastes the same as regular DP to me..

You have been living in the land of the Philistines too long. That does NOT taste like the real heavenly nectar known as Dr Pepper. That's just nasty.
And lord. Today is crawling by. :pound:

Nelle

LOL. Nope.. Even in Arkansas, I thought it tasted the same. I'm going to go dig out my Rolo ice cream and eat a snack. It's SO beautiful outside and I'm stuck inside. Pardon while I cry.. LOL.

Lynx

Quote from: Roscoe on April 12, 2018, 05:29:15 PM
Quote from: Nelle on April 12, 2018, 04:13:55 PMCurrently drinking Dr Pepper (caffeine free). It tastes the same as regular DP to me..

You have been living in the land of the Philistines too long. That does NOT taste like the real heavenly nectar known as Dr Pepper. That's just nasty.
And lord. Today is crawling by. :pound:
Concurrence in all respects. Caffeine-free just is not good, and the day is in fact crawling.
"Do you sing at church?"

MsJennJenn

I concur the day is crawling.

And it is gorgeous today....very windy though.
But unlike Nelle I've been outside several times haha. About to go chill in the hammock for a minute.
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

Roscoe

Quote from: MsJennJenn on April 12, 2018, 05:38:03 PMI concur the day is crawling.

And it is gorgeous today....very windy though.
But unlike Nelle I've been outside several times haha. About to go chill in the hammock for a minute.
:pound:
I, too, am stuck inside, as previously referenced, and cannot get outside! I have opened my window though.. And of course it is supposed to storm all weekend. I am ready for my summer.

mini

I'm out traveling today.

Its so windy in Oklahoma right now I thought Roscoe was bragging about Arkansas again.

The Purple Fuzzy

Roscoe

:hi:
Mini, I ALWAYS brag about Arkansas.
And Fuzz, tell Chel and Robbie we said Hi!

sunlight

We say hi back! I'm grateful for my parents who come make a bad day better!
  :attackhug: Be full of hugs!

Roscoe

Speaking of bad days.... yesterday rises to the top.
A parolee out of our office- thankfully not mine- ran from police. No big deal usually, but it was in the head of the Parole Board's hometown. He got involved. The officer didn't have the file 100%- which led to my boss getting chewed. Things of that nature roll down hill and our office got splattered.
I got a little on me because on an unrelated matter I failed to push an additional button, routing paperwork correctly. I was saved by my tendency to over document in email and the file, so no harm to me, but embarrassing in any case.
Nonetheless, we are walking on tippy toes today. I'm fixing to bail outta here on home visits and lay low...

mini

Watch the weather over your way today.  Supposed to be rough!