News:

You can reach your profile and change its settings here.

Main Menu

Now's the Time for Sharing 509

Started by The Purple Fuzzy, April 02, 2018, 09:52:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Purple Fuzzy

I like the burgers and fries at Freddy's.

Lynx

A Roland e-piano for $75?

Like... it still worked and all, right? No stuck keys? No keys that wouldn't play a sound, or keys that would only play a loud note no matter how softly you pressed them? And it was $75?

Where oh where is that green-with-envy emoticon?
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

mini

Quote from: The Purple Fuzzy on May 31, 2018, 02:50:34 AMI like the burgers and fries at Freddy's.

Funny story about Freddy's.  We go to eat lunch one day, and we stop there.  I order a patty melt meal and decide I'll have them put a little cheese on my fries.  So I order it and go wait for my food.

A few minutes later they call my number but the tray has 2 baskets on it.  I am confused.  I kid you not, they had put a couple pounds of fries in a basket and drowned them in cheese.  

My coworker was rolling.  They had half of Wisconsin's cheese production in that one fry basket.
DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

Nelle

Still no a/c. I called Tuesday morning and he said "looking at Thursday, maybe Wednesday." I have yet to hear back from him. Starting to question my decision. haha.. Hopefully he'll call today. I just want a little communication. I realize that between the weather and possible other jobs, things could be slower to happen, but I need to be told that is the case, and not that he's just not working on it.

The little time we got to spend at my parents leaves me wishing for more. I'm always homesick for a while after we go visit. I miss my old church and my parents and our farm. They have a couple of kittens. One is the spawn of satan (tiger) and the other is a sweet little kitten (black). Even if he was the spawn of satan, I Looooooooove black kittens. He was a doll. :)

taco_harvell

Quote from: mini on May 31, 2018, 12:24:31 PM
Quote from: The Purple Fuzzy on May 31, 2018, 02:50:34 AMI like the burgers and fries at Freddy's.

Funny story about Freddy's.  We go to eat lunch one day, and we stop there.  I order a patty melt meal and decide I'll have them put a little cheese on my fries.  So I order it and go wait for my food.

A few minutes later they call my number but the tray has 2 baskets on it.  I am confused.  I kid you not, they had put a couple pounds of fries in a basket and drowned them in cheese. 

My coworker was rolling.  They had half of Wisconsin's cheese production in that one fry basket.
Order Chili Cheese Fries next time and see what happens!
In love with RainbowJingles

http://lessonsintrust.blogspot.com/

The Purple Fuzzy

Now I'm hungry for them and there aren't any close. :(

MsJennJenn

I agree Five Guys is over-priced. Those Cajun fries though.....so worth it.  :fork:

And Mini - no I haven't tried Shake Shack! I want to so bad though. It's all the way in Dallas though. lol Can't get my hamburger pal (aka Dad) to drive that far for it.

We have a place down the street that's been around for years upon years. It's a hole in the wall diner called Al's and we loveeee their hamburgers. We eat there often.

And I LOVE Freddy's cheese fries. YUM. Cheese on fries should be runny and cheesy, not shredded cheese that's melted poorly.
Freddy's is one of the few places (oh Steak-n-Shake has them also!) that has that good runny cheese.

And now I'm hungry for ALL of the above.   :nono:
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

Lynx

I am so glad I ate lunch right before catching up on this thread. If I read this thread while I was hungry I would now be starving.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

MsJennJenn

As much as I really wanna hamburger I'm holding strong with my self-control and making something at home.  :food:
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-

Nelle

The a/c guys finally arrived. They've gotten our old furnace and air conditioner out, and the new furnace is being put in right now. It sounds like they're trying to tear down the whole house, haha. They have the outside unit sitting on the pad outside but I'm not sure where it stands on being hooked up.

Jeremy's really praying they get it all hooked up today so that when he comes home, he can put on an eskimo suit to sleep in tonight LOL. He's a mailman.. it's stormed/rained every single day and been really hot/humid, haha. Sooooo readyyyyyyy.

He hadn't called until about 9:17 this morning since I called him on Tuesday about when we were scheduled. He called this morning as I was sitting down to a huge pile of work and said they were planning on coming today. I had 30 min to get there from my work, and they're talking about being here all day. I wasn't really planning on missing a whole day of work. Hopefully they can actually finish it today so that no one has to deal with it tomorrow, because Jeremy cannot take off work at all, and I really can't afford (work-wise) to miss another day, haha.

mini

Quote from: MsJennJenn on May 31, 2018, 05:48:47 PMI agree Five Guys is over-priced. Those Cajun fries though.....so worth it.  :fork:

And Mini - no I haven't tried Shake Shack! I want to so bad though. It's all the way in Dallas though. lol Can't get my hamburger pal (aka Dad) to drive that far for it.

We have a place down the street that's been around for years upon years. It's a hole in the wall diner called Al's and we loveeee their hamburgers. We eat there often.

And I LOVE Freddy's cheese fries. YUM. Cheese on fries should be runny and cheesy, not shredded cheese that's melted poorly.
Freddy's is one of the few places (oh Steak-n-Shake has them also!) that has that good runny cheese.

And now I'm hungry for ALL of the above.   :nono:

I thought you lived in Dallas?

Now I'm hungry too.
DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

Roscoe

Ya'll are killing me. I've really been watching what I eat and being careful to not over eat- down 10 lbs in the past couple of weeks. And now I crave a giant hamburger and an entire garden's worth of fries.

I'm gonna try to make do with a few chicken strips, fried in Lou's air-fryer.

And Isaac, the Roland e-piano seems to work flawlessly. Lou is pleased. And in sharing I did something I haven't done in a while, last night. Lou went to sleep, I needed to do some minor work stuff, so I wound up jumping in the car with an old deputy friend. Stupid me stayed out until 4 am this morning.
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

The Purple Fuzzy

Do you like the air fryer? Is it worth the space it takes up in the kitchen?

MsJennJenn

Quote from: mini on May 31, 2018, 09:26:00 PMI thought you lived in Dallas?

Now I'm hungry too.

Not directly. I live in DFW, but I live in a suburb called Euless. About a 20-50 minute drive to Dallas depending on which part of Dallas you're going to.

Quote from: The Purple Fuzzy on May 31, 2018, 10:06:51 PMDo you like the air fryer? Is it worth the space it takes up in the kitchen?

Yea...that...I wanna know too. I also want an Instapot, but dunno if it's worth it cus of the "release" time.  :question:
-Alexander Den Heijer-

Roscoe

Quote from: The Purple Fuzzy on May 31, 2018, 10:06:51 PMDo you like the air fryer? Is it worth the space it takes up in the kitchen?
Actually, yes, I think so. We enjoy fried foods- much more than we need too- and the air fryer is a way to get the taste without the dripping grease. It's trial and error though- the first chicken strips I cooked in it when we got it looked delish- but they were raw inside. After you figure it out, though, it's one and done. Cheese sticks- Lou overcooked some until they were cheese-less husk the first time- , fries, pizza bites- we like it much better than our little deep fryer. Well worth the hundred bucks.
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Lynx

Cheese-less husks... I know that's right! At w*rk we were doing cheese sticks for a time, baking them in an industrial convection oven. You gotta get those things out of there RIGHT on time or all the cheese boils out.

An air fryer though, I don't know. What's the difference between an air fryer and a convection oven? I'm not familiar with air fryers.
"Do you sing at church?"

MsJennJenn

Quote from: Lynx on June 01, 2018, 08:52:20 AMAn air fryer though, I don't know. What's the difference between an air fryer and a convection oven? I'm not familiar with air fryers.

One uses mass amounts of grease to fry it in. One uses the air. lol
-Alexander Den Heijer-

mini

Quote from: MsJennJenn on June 01, 2018, 02:46:31 PM
Quote from: Lynx on June 01, 2018, 08:52:20 AMAn air fryer though, I don't know. What's the difference between an air fryer and a convection oven? I'm not familiar with air fryers.

One uses mass amounts of grease to fry it in. One uses the air. lol

I'm pretty sure you are referring to a deep fryer, not a convection oven.

:ugly:

Roscoe

:hi:
 Got up, cleaned the house, put a load of laundry on. Fixing to take Lou up town- they are having a yard sale on main street this weekend and she is going to walk a bit.

sunlight

Quote from: MsJennJenn on May 31, 2018, 10:25:57 PM

Now I'm hungry too.

Not directly. I live in DFW, but I live in a suburb called Euless. About a 20-50 minute drive to Dallas depending on which part of Dallas you're going to.

Yea...that...I wanna know too. I also want an Instapot, but dunno if it's worth it cus of the "release" time.  :question:

I have no idea about the air fryer- but I love my "instapot" (power pressure cooker xl). I can cook brisket in it in less than an hour- from frozen. Or I can cook beans in an hour instead of all night. If you let it release naturally it can take up to 10 min- but you can also release the steam manually if you are in a hurry and then it takes like 2 min. It's definitely worth having in my book, in my kitchen at least, it fits my habits well. Lol. Like when I forget and need something fast that takes forever.
  :attackhug: Be full of hugs!

MsJennJenn

Quote from: sunlight on June 01, 2018, 05:04:05 PM

Now I'm hungry too.

I have no idea about the air fryer- but I love my "instapot" (power pressure cooker xl). I can cook brisket in it in less than an hour- from frozen. Or I can cook beans in an hour instead of all night. If you let it release naturally it can take up to 10 min- but you can also release the steam manually if you are in a hurry and then it takes like 2 min. It's definitely worth having in my book, in my kitchen at least, it fits my habits well. Lol. Like when I forget and need something fast that takes forever.

Oh wow. Good to know. I read/heard somewhere I don't remember where, about it taking 30 minutes to release. lol
I'm still interested in one. But no monies. And I've already asked for a grill for my birthday haha.
-Alexander Den Heijer-

taco_harvell

Now I'm hungry too.

Which church do you go to? Our pastor has a son out that way.
In love with RainbowJingles

http://lessonsintrust.blogspot.com/

mini

I'm in TX.

I'm pretty sure they're raising nascar drivers around here.  2 lane blacktop, speed limit 75.  That's interstate speeds in Oklahoma.  And if your not driving 85, they are passing you like you are sitting still.

Lynx

Quote from: mini on June 02, 2018, 02:22:11 PMI'm in TX.

I'm pretty sure they're raising nascar drivers around here.  2 lane blacktop, speed limit 75.  That's interstate speeds in Oklahoma.  And if your not driving 85, they are passing you like you are sitting still.
But that two-lane blacktop is nice and straight, right? And what is wrong with 85 miles per hour? Most cars have speedometers that go up to a hundred ten.
"Do you sing at church?"

mini

Yes. And if it is a windy road, they take the safest speed you can travel and add 10 miles a hour to it and post that as the limit. Then everyone drives 10 miles a hour over the speed limit.

It's a little known fact that 4cyl cars are illegal in Texas. If you can't pull out doing 900 mph, you will get ran over.