News:

Is the forum a bit confusing for you? Are there some features you're not sure how to use? Check out this help topic!

Main Menu

Now's the Time for Sharing 509

Started by The Purple Fuzzy, April 02, 2018, 09:52:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roscoe

Quote from: sunlight on May 28, 2018, 03:25:34 AMAs bad as it hurts- the walking really really does help it so much faster than anything else. Don't make much sense- but it does.
She's walking a fair amount. I'm cautioning her to take it easy on the Percocet and not get hooked, and I've bought her the tiny 6 pack cans of prune juice to help move things along. Ick.
So far, she's been home around 36 hours and I haven't been killed or even mildly maimed yet. That last flying shoe got close though..:ugly:

I'm standing back and throwing chocolate in her general direction if she remotely looks unhappy. If she frowns, I send Chey in. She's less likely to kill her offspring- me, I'm expendable. :sadbounce:

Seriously, and all kidding aside, she is in good spirits, with the occasional moan of pain if she moves wrong.
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Lynx

Hmph. I wish somebody would throw chocolate in MY general direction when I got unhappy...
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Roscoe

:hi: Got a bit done this day, even with coming in and out to keep check on Lou.  Snuck away to the office and did paperwork on two boneheads who acted up this weekend. Even though one of my coworkers would take care of it, I hate leaving my work for someone else. This way, it doesn't unduly burden my coworkers and I know that my caseload is good to go. Besides, the hour and a half alone was pleasant, and I drove Rusty in, so it was even enjoyable.
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

mini

Morning everyone.

Busy week ahead of me.  I'm even venturing into ungodly territory this weekend, aka TX.
DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

sunlight

Quote from: mini on May 29, 2018, 01:32:46 PMMorning everyone.

Busy week ahead of me.  I'm even venturing into ungodly territory this weekend, aka TX.

Yay! Let us know when you get close! :halo:
  :attackhug: Be full of hugs!

mini

Quote from: sunlight on May 29, 2018, 03:39:47 PM

I think we will be 45 minutes from you guys....
DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

mini

Why cant they have a In-n-Out burger close to you guys?!?

Roscoe

Heathen. And now I am upset, because there's a chance you'll see my new nephew before I do. :pound:
I have spent a good portion of the day cleaning up this place. Dear Lord, you do not realize how many little things you need to do until you start on them. I now have a trailer loaded down with scrap metal to go to the dump..

The Purple Fuzzy

Can't you sell the scrap metal?

Lynx

Yeah, that was my first thought. Taking scrap metal to the dump would make my uncle Fred blanch. There's money in that pile!
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

sunlight

Quote from: mini on May 29, 2018, 04:34:58 PM

umm where?

mini

Quote from: sunlight on May 30, 2018, 12:30:21 PM

umm where?

Henderson/Overton areas

The Purple Fuzzy

Wow, that's just around the corner.

mini

I think I may pass right by your town on the way down.

MsJennJenn

Quote from: mini on May 29, 2018, 04:36:42 PMWhy cant they have a In-n-Out burger close to you guys?!?

I can hit 2 different In-n-Out's within 15 minutes of where I live. :hypocrite:
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

sunlight

Quote from: mini on May 30, 2018, 02:04:13 PM

umm where?

Henderson/Overton areas
We could so make this happen. Text us...

mini

Quote from: MsJennJenn on May 30, 2018, 03:08:28 PM
Quote from: mini on May 29, 2018, 04:36:42 PMWhy cant they have a In-n-Out burger close to you guys?!?

I have a few burger goals in life.  One of them is In-n-Out.  Unfortunately, the closest one is 2 hours away from me this weekend.

mini

Quote from: sunlight on May 30, 2018, 03:56:08 PM
Quote from: mini on May 30, 2018, 02:04:13 PM

umm where?

Henderson/Overton areas
We could so make this happen. Text us...

Your little dude needs to meet his favorite uncle....

MsJennJenn

Quote from: mini on May 30, 2018, 07:45:25 PM

I have a few burger goals in life.  One of them is In-n-Out.  Unfortunately, the closest one is 2 hours away from me this weekend.

There are many, many burger places in DFW that are 10x better than In-n-Out. Five Guys is one.
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

Lynx

When I grow up I'm going to start a business called Seventeen Guys Computer Repair. If anybody asks I'll tell them it's me and my 16 other personalities.
"Do you sing at church?"

mini

Quote from: MsJennJenn on May 30, 2018, 08:41:43 PM

There are many, many burger places in DFW that are 10x better than In-n-Out. Five Guys is one.

Five guys is good.  Their fries are great.  Their price is horrible.

Have you tried Shake Shack?

Roscoe

I miss-spoke. I meant taking it to the scrap yard. And I'm steadily stewing over the idea of MY namesake nephew meeting Sasquatch before he meets me. :mad:

And Lou is happy. While browsing marketplace on facebook last night, I saw an add for a Roland electric piano. We made a call and discovered it was an elderly lady who had it, and needed to get rid of it due to a lack of room. We got Lou out for the first time since she came home from the surgery, and let her see the piano. It was older, but in really nice condition. Lou loved it. The lady sold it to us for $75. She was wiping tears as I pulled away- her late husband had bought it for her, and it cost over $1900 when she bought it 15 years ago.Lou's already played several songs on it.

taco_harvell

Was told today neuritis is taking over my body right now he thinks it's around 72% external and internal. Neuritis is like arthritis except it's inflammation and pain of the nerves instead of joints. Normal anti-inflammatory meds don't usually work, cutting out things that cause inflammation is best. So I'm going all in on gluten-free to see how well that works.

Praise GOD we were visiting a wonderful Pastor and church this past weekend. They had us come up Friday-Monday just because they knew we needed a getaway and they had access to a place we could stay free. GOD gave the Pastor a message for us Sunday. He literally had 16 pages of notes he had been working on for 2 weeks, and GOD sent him a totally different direction 2 hours before church. My right leg hasn't been working in months. The foot has been dragging constantly and I've been having to use lofstrand crutches or a wheelchair. After Sundays service, my foot and leg are working! I can walk using only my old cane and can also clear steps. My muscles are aching from me actually using them. In JESUS name I'll be running soon!

Elona is dealing with a lady at work that needs GOD to save her and bless her with a new better job. Elona loves Chick-fil-A and this lady thinks it's a joke and no better than McDonald's except for the pay. When you have employees leaving because of one person It's time for the one person to go. GOD knows the person pray HE blesses this lady with a wonderful new job or blesses Elona with her dream job near some of our family. (That includes some of you.)

Saved up and replaced some of my Christmas/Birthday money I spent on meds and ordered me a nice but low-cost Resistol Cowboy hat. Now I may be returning it to get money for the dentist. Our annual city car tax came due and hit us hard. I need to find a legitimate work from home job.

My dad needs a lot of prayers!

I'm trying to convince Elona she needs a Soul! A KIA Soul! lol, Some friends we know have one, and we had one as a rental on 2 or 3 long trips. I love the leg and headroom. Elona doesn't think it has enough cargo room. Well, that's probably more of me sharing than need be.

Later...
In love with RainbowJingles

http://lessonsintrust.blogspot.com/

taco_harvell

Quote from: Roscoe on May 31, 2018, 12:43:02 AMI miss-spoke. I meant taking it to the scrap yard. And I'm steadily stewing over the idea of MY namesake nephew meeting Sasquatch before he meets me. :mad:

And Lou is happy. While browsing marketplace on facebook last night, I saw an add for a Roland electric piano. We made a call and discovered it was an elderly lady who had it, and needed to get rid of it due to a lack of room. We got Lou out for the first time since she came home from the surgery, and let her see the piano. It was older, but in really nice condition. Lou loved it. The lady sold it to us for $75. She was wiping tears as I pulled away- her late husband had bought it for her, and it cost over $1900 when she bought it 15 years ago.Lou's already played several songs on it.

You got a deal! Even a 15-year-old Roland can bring $500-$1000.

taco_harvell

Quote from: mini on May 30, 2018, 11:42:08 PM
Quote from: MsJennJenn on May 30, 2018, 08:41:43 PM

Five guys is good.  Their fries are great.  Their price is horrible.

Have you tried Shake Shack?
Five Guys is way overpriced and overrated! Steak and Shake taste just as good and doesn't require a second mortgage.