News:

Monday is an awful way to spend 1/7th of your life. -Steven Wright

Main Menu

DVD recorder

Started by Melody, August 22, 2007, 06:46:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Melody

I have a WinXP and of course in that I have Windows Media Player, which I really like.  I also have RealOne player.  Here's my delima: I have a DVD drive and want to play DVD's through Windows MP.  A while back I looked this up and had downloaded Cyberlink which was linked to microsoft.  Okay, so it just downloaded an entire new program onto my computer to play DVD's on.  I hated this program, I want to watch them on WinMP or at least RealOne player.  When I look it up on microsoft.com I get a list of programs to choose from. 

How can I just get WinMP to play DVDs?  I don't want ANOTHER program!  Here's the list of links microsoft provides for DVD decoders.

CinePlayer DVD Decoder for Windows XP -Roxio
Cyberlink PowerDVD SE for Windows XP
DVD XPack for Windows XP
NVIDIA DVD Decoder

I don't understand this.  My computer (Dell) came with a DVD player, I don't know if I deleted this file accidently some time or what to make it play on WinMP.  ???

Thank you  A LOT!

Tsalagi

Hmmm....Windows MP just needs the correct Audio/Video codecs to be able to play DVD.  Doofusly enough, I used to install PowerDVD just so I could use WMP to watch dvds

If you have the restore disks that came with your pc, the dvd player software should be on one of them, usually with dell, the dvd player software is a separate disk.

Melody

I found my Dell disk and it says Cyberlink PowerDVD   :smirk2: :smirk2: :smirk2: :smirk2: :smirk2:  bleh, I can't stand that program. 

Thank you though, Tsalagi.   

SippinTea

Don't know if it would help you, MY... but 'my' geek got me onto VLC Media Player. You can download it free from here:

http://www.download.com/3000-13632_4-10717934.html

:beret:
"Not everything that is of God is easy." -Elona

"When you're wildly in love with someone, it changes everything." -F. Chan

"A real live hug anytime you want it is priceless." -Rachel