News:

Did you sleep well? No, I made a few mistakes. -Steven Wright

Main Menu

iPhone

Started by M‡¢ĦÆŁ Ҝ, June 16, 2007, 08:17:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

M‡¢ĦÆŁ Ҝ

Don't waste you money on an iPhone.  I bought one yesterday and I'm not at all impressed with it.  I think I'm going to be getting my money back.
Move along, nothing to see here.

mini

Really?  What did you not like about it?
DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

alohilani

I've got a friend who is practically bursting at the seams to have one; he's supposed to get his in November and is breaking his current contract to switch to Cingular so that he'll be able to use it. ;)

What don't you like about it?

M‡¢ĦÆŁ Ҝ

In further review, I find my displeasure with my iPhone has less to do with the phone itself than with my inability to pay attention to what I'm getting.  Because of my lack of attention, I bought a lesser model than the one I wanted.  The model I got, while it is cordless, still requires the base unit to be plugged into the PC for the phone to work.  The model I wanted has Windows CE OS and uses 802.11g to connect.  I want tat one because I can use it anywhere there's an open wireless connection and I'm not dependent on the PC being turned on for it to work.  I'll be taking this iPhone back and getting the better one--I'm willing to pay the $165 difference to get the features I want.

mini

So there are two different versions of the iPhone?  And if it uses the 802.11g to connect, does that mean if you have a open wireless source, you can use it anywhere?
DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

dnr1128

This morning I was watching FNC and the show on had a guy that said that the iPhone is a waste of money for business people who want features they use alot.  Unfortuneately, I don't remember what the features he cited were, so that means this is a totally worthless and uninformative post.  lol  imho, the iPhone is the new Razr...everybody wants one because everybody wants one. 
Sow an action, reap a habit; sow a habit, reap a character; sow a character, reap a destiny.

BroTrey

Quote from: M‡¢ĦÆŁ Ҝ on June 16, 2007, 08:17:06 PM
Don't waste you money on an iPhone.  I bought one yesterday and I'm not at all impressed with it.  I think I'm going to be getting my money back.
cisco iphone or apple iphone that should be the question......
Please disregard this post as it's contents are probably in error.

Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing ever happened. ~ Sir Winston Churchill

M‡¢ĦÆŁ Ҝ

^ The original iPhone.

RandyWayne

Apples iphone is being released today for the first time....

BroTrey

:great:  i know.... i was just trying to point out that some (like i did for a second until i remember when launch day was) might get confused quick and not realize that Cisco owned the rights to the term iPhone long before apple started the iTrend..... and has been making VOIP phones under that name for a while..... with not just the cisco label but also their subsidiaries such as linksys....

it was nice to see that Steve W. stayed in line to get his  apple phone rather than taking Steve J up on the freebie offer....... shows that not all of Apple's employees (past/present) are eh....how do you say it without seeming rude.......egocentric elitists bent on I DESERVE this because I am an Apple person......   *shrug*  It reminded me of Pirates of The Silicon Valley........ lol

Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing ever happened. ~ Sir Winston Churchill

Sis

What does this new I phone that came out today do? What are the extras? 

I wish I could afford a phone that was just a phone. How long do the batteries last?  My last phone, the batteries lasted almost 24 hours. But now that they're smaller, I'm sure they only last a couple of hours.

BroTrey

2 Features

* 2.1 Touch screen
    * 2.2 Other inputs
    * 2.3 Phone
    * 2.4 Camera
    * 2.5 Multimedia
    * 2.6 Internet
    * 2.7 E-mail
    * 2.8 OS X
    * And More

^^^ from wiki...

The specifications as listed on Apple's website are:[47]

* Screen size: 8.9 cm (3.5 in)
    * Screen resolution: 320×480 pixels at 160 ppi
    * Input method: Multi-touch screen interface (the "Home" button is the iPhone's only physical front panel button)
    * Operating System: OS X
    * Storage: 4 or 8 GB Flash memory
    * Quad band GSM (GSM 850, GSM 900, GSM 1800, GSM 1900)
    * Wi-Fi (802.11b/802.11g), EDGE and Bluetooth 2.0 with EDR
    * 2 megapixel camera
    * Built-in rechargeable, non-removable battery with up to 8 hours of talk, 6 hours of internet use, 7 hours of video playback and up to 24 hours of audio playback, lasting over 250 hours on standby.[30]
    * Size: 115×61×11.6 mm (4.5×2.4×0.46 in)
    * Weight: 135 g (4.8 oz)

MelodyB

Quote from: Sis on June 30, 2007, 05:53:22 AM
What does this new I phone that came out today do? What are the extras? 

I wish I could afford a phone that was just a phone. How long do the batteries last?  My last phone, the batteries lasted almost 24 hours. But now that they're smaller, I'm sure they only last a couple of hours.

24 hours? WOW! I am lucky if I get 2 or 3 hours out of my phone...but I am on mine all the time, so I guess that drains the battery. If I dont use it, I get about 18 hours...thats just with it being turned on and a short call here and there....but  I spend at LEAST 2 hours on it nightly. But most nights its 3-4 hours, with all the calls combined. But by that time, I am plugged in and chained to the wall.
Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

BroTrey

wow, my phone without being used, the battery lasts about 4-5days, if i get a few text messages and make a few 10-20 minute calls and run my bluetooth headset, it drops to about 3-4 days before needing to be recharged....... I am so far liking Motorola Razr lol.... all of my older phones needed plugged in either nightly or every other day.

MelodyB

Well, ummm I have about exausted my battery...I have had THIS phone since last Aug, and I have 55,159 total mins used on it.

RandyWayne

Mmmm... thats over 38 DAYS of talk time. 

Do we need an "intervention"?

MelodyB

Nope, my friends and I are quite happy with my addiction.

Well, except Ruby...she is not a "Phone person"    :smirk2:

:hypocrite:

Sis

I am a phone person but nobody here is. I gots nobody to talk to anymore. As a matter of fact, my landline phone is fried. I didn't have a surge supressor on it and a lightning storm was going on. I think when the lights went out and came back on three times in a row fried the phone. Glad it didn't fry the answering machine.  :laughhard:

MelodyB

Quote from: Mel-Mel on July 02, 2007, 02:07:09 AM

Well, except Ruby...she is not a "Phone person"    :smirk2:

She may have made a liar out of me... :o

BTW...my current total mins is: 55,420   

I have only made ONE 1 min phone call this morning, just to check in.

But the day is still young.

rootbeer

Quote--I'm willing to pay the $165 difference to get the features I want.

I would not pay $165 for a phone unless I got some free service with it.

The name of the Lord is a strong tower.

Sis

$165? That's INSANE!!!

M‡¢ĦÆŁ Ҝ

Quote from: rootbeer on July 04, 2007, 01:51:47 AMI would not pay $165 for a phone unless I got some free service with it.
Well, combined with the service I already have, I'll be able to make unlimited calls to 21 countries (and all states in the U.S.) at no charge* from anywhere there is an open wireless network.  Without the more expensive iPhone, I'm limited to making those calls from my home network only.  So the $165 difference is worth it to me to be able to place calls from a lot of other places outside my home.

*(so far this billing cycle we've called three different countries for a total of 653 minutes for only the flat monthly rate of $23)

Sister_Mom

Quote from: M‡¢ĦÆŁ Ҝ on July 04, 2007, 10:31:15 PM

*(so far this billing cycle we've called three different countries for a total of 653 minutes for only the flat monthly rate of $23)

I remember once when my son was in Turkey a 13 minute call for $40.  :o

You guys have a good deal there MichaelK.  :thumbsup2:
God determines who walks into your life....it's up to you to decide who you let walk away, who you let stay, and who you refuse to let go.

MelodyB

Current phone useage total... 57,657

:)

Heather

my husband works for at&t/cingular. the iphone craze is exactly that....a craze. i can understand for those with business type needs, but for your average person....well i'm sticking with my motorola L6 and matt is getting a razr. we have no need for pda's.
Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali