News:

You can reach your profile and change its settings here.

Main Menu

If a guy talks about other girls... does it mean something?

Started by sunlight, May 11, 2008, 07:20:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

If a guy talks to a girl about some other girl he is potentially interested in, does that mean that he would never consider dating you?

yes- a guy doesnt talk about other girls if he is interested in you
no- he is being honest about his feelings, and could be using it as a sounding board.
no- he only does it to test you or to get your reaction
yes- its a sure sign he is not interested, and trying to let you down easily

SippinTea

Quote from: Newsman on May 25, 2010, 02:39:16 AM
You're stating, on the record, that there was NO premeditation on your part, Lady Wooby?

John  :waving:

Correct. :P

:beret:
"Not everything that is of God is easy." -Elona

"When you're wildly in love with someone, it changes everything." -F. Chan

"A real live hug anytime you want it is priceless." -Rachel

(R.I.P.) YooperYankDude

Quote from: SippinTea on May 25, 2010, 02:40:24 AM
Quote from: Newsman on May 25, 2010, 02:39:16 AM
You're stating, on the record, that there was NO premedication on your part, Lady Wooby?

John  :waving:

Correct. :P

Well, that is good, that we at least know he was in his right mind during this stargazing adventure...

We know he was "trippin", but at least it wasn't on any thing but love!

:bigglasses: Yoop

Feed The Bachelors 2010

SippinTea

*groan* You two are just out to get me tonight, aren't ya? Hmph.  :pound:

(R.I.P.) YooperYankDude

Quote from: SippinTea on May 25, 2010, 02:53:02 AM
*groan* You two are just out to get me tonight, aren't ya? Hmph.  :pound:

Nah, I'm not... you are already taken... I have rules about this kind of thing! :cool:

Feed The Bachelors 2010

SippinTea

SippinTea

Btw, Mr T... you just better watch it, 'cause when YOU are twitterpated, I'm SO gonna have fun with payback. :bigcheese: :hypocrite: :bigcheese:

(R.I.P.) YooperYankDude

Quote from: SippinTea on May 25, 2010, 03:07:22 AM
Btw, Mr T... you just better watch it, 'cause when YOU are twitterpated, I'm SO gonna have fun with payback. :bigcheese: :hypocrite: :bigcheese:

:hypocrite: I would expect nothing less!   :thumbsup2: 

But don't expect to have fun with it anytime soon!  :cool:

Feed The Bachelors 2010

SippinTea

Quote from: YooperYankDude on May 25, 2010, 03:11:32 AM

:eyebrow: Uh huh. Famous last words... *chortle*

(R.I.P.) YooperYankDude

Quote from: SippinTea on May 25, 2010, 03:13:10 AM
Quote from: YooperYankDude on May 25, 2010, 03:11:32 AM

:eyebrow: Uh huh. Famous last words... *chortle*

Most likely they are... but for me, I am fairly certain of it... lol.

Gals are complicated and complex... and none of them will want to marry a unemployed missionary to child orphans in a foreign country... and if she does... she needs to go be examined!  LOL

Being unemployed by the way, doesn't mean poor... just means I don't make 60K a yr at the moment! :cool:

Don't know that I will ever make that much again, with where I feel God is taking me... but I don't need to... I am content and happy with what God has given me, and plan to use it for His work as much as possible...   :grin:

Feed The Bachelors 2010

SippinTea

Newsman

Ah, friend Yoop, notice that She Who Was Once Mistaken For Ice Maiden does not threaten me with 'when I get twitterpated'? That's because she knows there is little hope in that departmen t for the Grumpyest of the Grumpye!

(R.I.P.) YooperYankDude

Quote from: Newsman on May 25, 2010, 03:44:01 AM
Ah, friend Yoop, notice that She Who Was Once Mistaken For Ice Maiden does not threaten me with 'when I get twitterpated'? That's because she knows there is little hope in that departmen t for the Grumpyest of the Grumpye!

LOL...

Well John... that is cause she knows that one day, I would actually like to be "Twitterpated" should a likely candidate come along...

I have no intentions of joining the "GOB"... no offense meant...

But I guess, we'll see what God has in mind... lol   :cool:

Feed The Bachelors 2010

MelodyB

The group discussion idea is a great one...too bad I didn't think of it yesterday at lunch. :smirk2:
Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

Newsman

No offense taken.. I have joked before that I probably serve as a negative role model for our youth group..as in.. "you better get married after you grow up, or you could end up like..._brother John_,,,"

Quote from: YooperYankDude on May 25, 2010, 03:59:38 AM
Quote from: Newsman on May 25, 2010, 03:44:01 AM

LOL...

Well John... that is cause she knows that one day, I would actually like to be "Twitterpated" should a likely candidate come along...

I have no intentions of joining the "GOB"... no offense meant...

But I guess, we'll see what God has in mind... lol   :cool:

TheGirl

Quote from: Newsman on May 24, 2010, 08:13:36 PM
Now, THAT's a cool phrase, Lady Stacey..is it a condition you've experienced? Since becoming a member here?

Hmmm...

Quote from: TheGirl on May 21, 2010, 04:42:38 AM
same here John..

And its quite possible that this has been said already since I haven't read the whole thing :) ...

But lets just say I liked a guy..and he comes to me talking about another girl..what exactly would I be expected to think? If hes into HER...and telling ME about it ..well theres my answer.

That would be a complete...heartbreaking day of twitterpatedness ...lol

No.. it seems as though I have escaped being twitterpated so far this year  :teeth:

Newsman

Hmmm....I see...

Quote from: TheGirl on May 25, 2010, 12:31:08 PM

No.. it seems as though I have escaped being twitterpated so far this year  :teeth:

(R.I.P.) YooperYankDude

Quote from: Newsman on May 25, 2010, 08:28:55 PM
Hmmm....I see...

Quote from: TheGirl on May 25, 2010, 12:31:08 PM

Hmmm...   :reporter: on the investigator...

Feed The Bachelors 2010

RainbowJingles

Mel: If all else fails, play a game or two of your own.  Talk about another guy.  Casually mention him.  Act kind of interested.  Ask freaky2 for advice.  *shrug*  As much as I don't like game playing, sometimes a guy wakes up a bit when a girl starts to sound interested in someone else.  It's happened before.

TheGirl

What?! Its only May and I reserve the right to become twitterpated in the future if it happens lol  :lol:

MelodyB

I think I'm just going to nix the whole idea. I thought it MIGHT be something this time but I'm wrong. Again. So forget it. Who cares right?

I'm tired of all the trying. Ill just be happy like I am. I was before. :shrug:
Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

(R.I.P.) YooperYankDude

Quote from: RainbowJingles on May 25, 2010, 11:22:42 PM
Mel: If all else fails, play a game or two of your own.  Talk about another guy.  Casually mention him.  Act kind of interested.  Ask freaky2 for advice.  *shrug*  As much as I don't like game playing, sometimes a guy wakes up a bit when a girl starts to sound interested in someone else.  It's happened before.

Wow... RJ telling Mel to play the game she hates... hmmm...

Quote from: TheGirl on May 25, 2010, 11:28:40 PM
What?! Its only May and I reserve the right to become twitterpated in the future if it happens lol  :lol:

Hmmm...   :lol:

Feed The Bachelors 2010

RainbowJingles

Yeah.  I know.  I diid it a time or two...  not as a "game" but as a real conversation.  I was just being real.  Being myself.  And it turned out interesting when the guy saw me in a different light after I seemed to have someone else on my radar.  No idea how it works, but it just seems to.

Of course, like I said, though...  I'd MUCH prefer the straightforward approach.  A man seems SO much more masculine to me when he's straightforward and lacks in the games department.

upcchris

Quote from: RainbowJingles on May 26, 2010, 05:48:25 AM
Yeah.  I know.  I diid it a time or two...  not as a "game" but as a real conversation.  I was just being real.  Being myself.  And it turned out interesting when the guy saw me in a different light after I seemed to have someone else on my radar.  No idea how it works, but it just seems to.

Of course, like I said, though...  I'd MUCH prefer the straightforward approach.  A man seems SO much more masculine to me when he's straightforward and lacks in the games department.

Amen...though I've experienced one time when the bloke was a little too straightforward...and I really wasn't interested....interestingly enough, I told him I fancied someone else...and I did at that point, and never saw the bloke again after that....which is a shame, 'cause I really wanted him to come to the Lord...not because I fancied him, but because I wanted to see him saved...too straightforward makes a gal uncomfortable.

The former thought is interesting...is a girl more interesting to a bloke if she's interested in someone else...does he see it as a challenge?
Television is proof the people will look at anything rather than eachother

Life would be so much easier without hormones

Of all God's creations, humans are the only ones with enough imagination to be bored

Humans are fallible, and they unreasonably expect everyone else not to be

Tina~Chris

(R.I.P.) YooperYankDude

Wow... she just used the words fancied and bloke in the same post...

Sorry, I find it awesome, cause those are not everyday words used in the US...   :biglaugh:

Feed The Bachelors 2010

upcchris

Television is proof the people will look at anything rather than eachother

Life would be so much easier without hormones

Of all God's creations, humans are the only ones with enough imagination to be bored

Humans are fallible, and they unreasonably expect everyone else not to be

Tina~Chris