News:

Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it. -Steven Wright

Main Menu

We See What Car Roscoe Will Test Drive in Sharing 495

Started by mini, August 02, 2014, 01:43:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MelodyB

Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

Roscoe

Made it through the day, which was my Wednesday.  Lou told me to stop and get some things at Walmart, which I hate, especially in uniform, because everyone wants to talk to me, ask me questions, ect. Of course this was no different- I got cornered by an old friend I love, but genuinly hate to see coming. The man could talk the horns off of a billy goat, and it is impossible to politely get away. Wound up spending nearly an hour trying to escape him, which was not helped by 45 other people, some of whom I didn't recognize, wanting to stop and talk to me. You'd have thought I was Brad Pitt, instead of a fat balding hometown cop, who is in that store weekly.
I finally escaped,came home and ate hamburgers that Lou made, then mowed the yard.
Found out that the money grubbing scheme now that calls itself the county fair is in town this week. That's sure to cost me a $20 or better I didn't plan on spending.
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Lynx

Jenn:  I know it's been there for years.  It just now occurred to me to bless you for it.

Bobby:  My pastor is the same, not because he wears a uniform but because everyone in town knows and likes him. There is no way to "run by the store real quick for something."  We went to the grocery store for hamburger buns one time, should have taken maybe two minutes, in-and-out.  Took about 20 or so.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Chseeads

Chseeads

I can never remember the thumbs up codes.  :smirk2:

I'm eating green beans, cottage cheese, and tomato for brunch. 

The Purple Fuzzy

MelodyB

The code for the single blue one is :thumbsup2: thumbsup2. And the double yellow :great: is great.

MsJennJenn

Eating a pb&h. Half. Still unsure on foods right now. Trying to be careful.  :smirk2:
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

mini

DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

Chseeads

I should be able to remember :great: :smirk2:

Trying to see what old implements we've got left around here that are functional....I thought I was set with a grader blade maybe...but, it's all bent and warped and floppy....  That is apparently the reason I can't ever really remember it being used.  I don't even know where it came from.  But it's about junk.

Brought the bush hog to the house to see about it...I think it's not so bad off, hopefully...trying to grease it up and such. I hate mechanic work.  I like mechanical things that work, but I am not a good mechanic and I don't like working on stuff. 

Roscoe

Lord. Another day down. Church night- looking forward to see if a good friend follows through with his promise to be there tonight. He told me numerous times this past week, unsolicited, that he was planning on coming. I didn't ask him today, not wanting to be a bother and drive him away....but if he does come, I'm looking forward to God changing him dramatically. He's one of my closest friends, and has been going through alot of family and financial issues lately, causing him to seek out a change. Between my pastor and I both talking to him, he seems to think the answers are found in our church. I don't think- I know they are, and I can't wait to see him find them.
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Chseeads

The Purple Fuzzy

MelodyB

sunlight

:attackhug: Be full of hugs!

Roscoe

:hi: Took Lou out to eat for anniversary #11... going to enjoy my weekend, even though I'm too broke to accomplish much.

Chseeads

The Purple Fuzzy

Roscoe

Woke up feeling depressed. Went by the church and prayed. Feel better. Now to go shop for groceries and do the 500 other things I need to do...

mini

That wasn't depression you were fighting. That was conviction about the spirit of gluttony you indulged in last night.
DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

MsJennJenn

"When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-

Chseeads

Long hot day of poop and cards.  Came home and did some fowl and cattle tending and such.

Roscoe

Quote from: mini on September 05, 2014, 05:25:05 PM
That wasn't depression you were fighting. That was conviction about the spirit of gluttony you indulged in last night.
:pound:  Dear jealous poster:
I can, with reasonable certainty, tell you it was not conviction over gluttony. You see, I confined myself to one steak, salad, and fries on that night, which was plenty and filling.
However- last night, Bro Papa called me, saying that he and Sis Papa wanted to take myself and Lou out for our anniversary. As Chey was going to the county fair with her Grandma, this was a perfect time. Once in the car, he directed me to a resturant in Vilonia that I'd never been before. I knew it was going to be good when I opened the door and came face to grill with a 1928 Model A Roadster, then a Dale Earnhardt racecar. It only got better.
A HUGE building, with buffet lines everywhere. My weakness, fried shrimp, were piled high. Notice I said "were". I actually apologized to the guy filling the bar for the damage I was about to afflict upon his profit margin. Ribs, frog legs, crab, clam strips, mudbugs, shrimp in every style, chicken- you name it, it was there in quantity- and quality.
Pastor and I discussed gluttony before attacking. He said his view of it  was that the REAL sin came when you said " Lord, I ain't gonna do that again", lying to the Lord. I never said that- in fact, I mentioned that I'd do it again everytime I'm given the opportunity.  :fork:
Lord, I don't know that I've ever ate so good. And- NO bad feelings today, so apparently Bro Wilson's take on gluttony is correct.  :hypocrite:
So, jealous poster, one day when you and your better half wanders over here, I now have knowledge of a new place approximately 30 miles away for us to assault. You will thank me.
                                            Sincerely, fat and happy balding cop.

Lynx

Well as long as the "happy" part is in there, I guess you'll be alright.  Far better than being a fat, balding cop who is a big grump.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

MsJennJenn

I've just now gotten out of bed. Leisure Saturday is JUST what I needed. Off to make brunch, then go look for a new car.  :waving:
-Alexander Den Heijer-