News:

Remember to check out the Devotions & Poems forum!

Main Menu

What a mess!

Started by Jennie-lynnie, March 01, 2007, 06:54:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jennie-lynnie

Lately Noah has been taking off his diapers when they are poopy! UGH! Example: today I was using the restroom so I let him play with some toys in his play pen. When I got out I went to check on him and he had taken off his diaper. He was even still holding onto it and swinging it around! There was poop everywhere!!!!! All over the play pen, all over his toys, and all over him! This has happened twice now. The other time was when he woke up in the morning I went in to change him and give him his morning formula and there was poo everywhere and he was just playing with the diaper! I like to allow him to sleep in just a diaper sometimes because it gets hot in my house and he is more comfotable. But if he has clothes on this doesn't happen.

So any advice?!?!

Chseeads

Duct tape around the waist?   :grin:

*cough*

The AP girl said her little boy smeared poop all over the place this morning...I guess he has the tendency to reach into his diaper and get it and smear it around...

Raecheal

Ew. These stories make me laugh (sheer relief it's not me cleaning poop). ;)

littlegal

Zakary used to do that.  I just had to make sure he was always wearing something to cover the diaper.  The onesies that snap at the bottom are cool for a warm house and keep them from taking off the diaper.  So that's what i would recommend.

TiffanyJ

oh my goodness ....my husband would die if he walked into something like that lol.

Jennie-lynnie

LOL. Thankfully my husband was actually very helpful to me! With this pregnancy my emotions are WAY WAY out of control. So when I walked in I just started crying! And David came to see what had happened. And he gave me a hug and said "It's ok". Then he told me to get Noah in the tub and he would clean up the play pen! I was very thankful for him today! :)*

LeahMarie

Dance Like Nobody\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'s Watching, Love Like You\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\

Envelope

WOW!!  I didn't think he was old enough for doing things like that!  Wow how time flies!!

I'm with Littlegal, put a onsie on that snaps at the crotch.

Neither of my girls did that, thankfully!!  I cleaned up my share of pooh messes though. 

sharon

Jennie-lynnie

I think you are right! I've had him in a onsie since that happened. And he seems just right temp. wise! And I'm pretty sure he doesn't know how to undo the snaps! lol

*Christi*

I was going to say a onesie also!!  They even have tank type onesies with no sleeves if you feel he's still too warm.  You might even consider a diaper cover... like rubber pants type of thing... I'm sure he couldn't take them off!

NessasMama

My son did that. I got clear wide tape and put the diaper tabs. There was no way her was going to get that off.
I was born weird -- this terrible compulsion to behave normally is the result of childhood trauma.

Courtney

Oh goodness, I think I would've passed out. LOL!  :lol:

Chseeads

Quote from: Courtney on March 02, 2007, 02:23:55 AM
Oh goodness, I think I would've passed out. LOL!  :lol:

Your day is coming.  :up2: :hypocrite:

Amelia Bedelia

ugh, it amazes me the way that stuff can get smeared all over a room in a short amount of time
I've walked in on messes like that too...   :o   makes me wish life had a rewind button... I start pinching myself in hopes that its a nightmare and I'll wake up
:-\ its not... must clean and sanitize...  :-?

lol

nicolejoy

Ash never did that - but she did vomit ALL over her bedroom one time when I was looking after her - it was quite stressful for me ;) I was only 17 and it was one of my first times babysitting her all by myself... lol

*Christi*

Thankfully, nothing like this has ever happened to me!!  The worst thing that has happened was when Noah had an allergic reaction to pineapple and was projectile vomiting all over me as we were getting ready to leave for church!!   That was lovely!

apsurf

Thank goodness All I ever had to do on a mess like that was shut the door and call for help!  ALways had an aunt or two at the family gatherings that just *Loved* to come and help!  :laughhard:

nicolejoy

Quote from: CRStrom on March 02, 2007, 07:19:45 AM
Thankfully, nothing like this has ever happened to me!!  The worst thing that has happened was when Noah had an allergic reaction to pineapple and was projectile vomiting all over me as we were getting ready to leave for church!!   That was lovely!

That's kinda what happened with Ash - instead it was all over her BED (and floor) when she was going to sleep - then I moved her to another bed (after bathing her AGAIN) while I was cleaning up the mess she'd made, and she vomited AGAIN all over THAT bed!!! That's when I started crying ;)

Raecheal

My worst wasn't poop - I was babysitting two little girls (2 and 5) - they were playing quietly in one room. I was cleaning. It should have been a clue. I went to check and they had dumped a whole bottle (large one at that) of powder all over the whole room - bed.. toys.. carpet. I was soooo not happy.

littlegal

I'm not even going to go into what happened with anthany yesterday.  I still want to throw up when i think about it. :tantrum:

myhaloisintheshop

Quote from: Rae on March 02, 2007, 03:41:43 PM
My worst wasn't poop - I was babysitting two little girls (2 and 5) - they were playing quietly in one room. I was cleaning. It should have been a clue. I went to check and they had dumped a whole bottle (large one at that) of powder all over the whole room - bed.. toys.. carpet. I was soooo not happy.

My mom said when I was little she went to check on me and I was in the bathroom and had baby powder EVERYWHERE.  She said I was covered head to toe and it was all over the toilet, floor everything.  Apparently she wasn't too happy with me...lol

myhaloisintheshop

Oh and I forgot to mention I had the plunger in the toilet so water was everywhere too   :biglaugh:

Envelope

If I forget and leave the powder down, Kaitlynn dumps it out and "stomps" in it !!!  LOL  It creates white "clouds" everywhere!!  thankfully I've always caught her before it gets too out of hand......  (the "stomping" sound has thankfully given her away)

sharon

nicolejoy

Quote from: littlegal on March 02, 2007, 03:48:45 PM
I'm not even going to go into what happened with anthany yesterday.  I still want to throw up when i think about it. :tantrum:

Go on, you know you wanna!! ;)

littlegal

i've seriously thought about it, but it's just too gross.