News:

Did you sleep well? No, I made a few mistakes. -Steven Wright

Main Menu

Sippy Cups

Started by EmmazMommy, February 28, 2007, 09:35:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EmmazMommy

Yes, I know this is a spin off of "bottles" but I was just wondering what sippy cup everyone uses?

So far, Gerber , Playtex, and First Years are my favorite...

Emma actually wants the cups with straws so we actually get a lot of those since she is off the bottle completely WOOHOOO

apsurf

I thought this thread had to do with SippinTea at first! :laughhard:

*Christi*

We only use the Playtex and the take-n-toss ones.  Noah has 2 sippies (for in the car) and 3 Superman take-n-toss cups (he uses them without the lid).  Isaac has 4 sippies and 3 Cars take-n-toss cups.  Isabelle has 2 sippies and 3 Cinderella take-n-toss cups.  Our cupboard was overflowing with sippies so I went through them Monday and got rid of all but that.  The boys usually just use regular tumblers at home anyway.  Isabelle also LOVES the special sippy cap for the individual gerber juices.

EmmazMommy

Quote from: CRStrom on February 28, 2007, 10:29:25 PM
Isabelle also LOVES the special sippy cap for the individual gerber juices.
whats the speciall cap for juices? ive never seen it?

i am trying to go through and only get ones i know i will use..the take n toss i dont like at all.... so far she has a few gerber and a few first years ones i like real well and  acouple playtex.....

darlaj2

Mattison is still using the Nuby ones that have the soft silicone spout.

littlegal

Quote from: EmmazMommy on February 28, 2007, 10:51:54 PM
Quote from: CRStrom on February 28, 2007, 10:29:25 PM
Isabelle also LOVES the special sippy cap for the individual gerber juices.
whats the speciall cap for juices? ive never seen it?

i looked for a picture but couldn't find one.  Zakary used to love thoes, but Anthany won't touch them.  I can't get him to take any cup hardly at all.  Sometimes he'll drink out of the Nuby cup because it is almost like a bottle.  But he knows the difference and won't take it very often.  All of the sippies that i have always used for my boys have been the Gerber cups. 

Westley and zakary both started out on these

When he got older, Westley used the insulated cup like this

Zakary's favorite (we had a hard time breaking him from them)  were these (the larger one)

Then when they were old enough to start breaking them from the sippy cup, i switched them to just regular cups with a lid and a straw.  I love the take and toss, they are fantastic!

I have these cups for anthany, but he hates sippy cups!  I can only get him to drink out of it if i leave the valve out.  I did that to get him used to the cup, then he started drinking out of it regular, then decided he didn't want it at all.  Now he will only drink out of it without the valve, which means i can't take the cup with me anywhere, so i usually end up taking the nuby cup when we go out.

For the record, this style of straw cup is horrible!  I've never seen one yet that doesn't leak or squirt liquid everywhere!

This is the nuby cup

And these are the take and toss

littlegal

ok, here's a pic of the lids for the gerber juice.  they're called ready sip lids.

Envelope

weve tried almost EVERY kind of sippy cup out there..........and my favorites are the plain ole tupperware ones!!  They're great for after the baby gets over the stage of "knocking everything over"......

sharon

EmmazMommy

i so wish i could find some of them somwer close....where do u get them?

Emma loves the insulated cups by Gerber

Emma also loves the First Years cups designed like the insulated by Gerber...she has Elmo and Bob the Builder ones she uses a lot!

I dont like the Nuby cups because Emma likes to squeeze the spouts and pour them out....plus I dont like her having a soft spout.

I havent found a good straw cup I like. I will have to try the Take N Toss, I havent tried the ones with straws, I just dont like the regular ones from Take N Toss.

They have the "Princess" ones at our wal-mart so I am going to get them for her tomorrow. She lovessss drinking from a straw.

myhaloisintheshop

I just bought Eric some Take and Toss straw cups tonight.

He is so clumsy at dinner time and always spills his drink.  He loves them!  I even let Dylan have one at dinner and we had a night with no messes!

*Christi*

My boys are finally good about drinking out a regular cup well.  If Isaac is having a bad day I will pop a lid on this cup but most of the time he is fine.  We had a bunch of the playtex sport sipsters and both of my boys chewed the straws off!!  How much of a choking hazard is THAT?  yikes!  We did the take-n-toss with the straws for a while but they just chewed on those straws too!

I love the cap for the juice... but I don't like having to keep buying the little juices... do you think I could just refill them?  I know you aren't supposed to refill water bottles but what about the little juice bottles?  OH and I had originally bought those lids for Isaac and he wouldn't take them so I just held onto them, put them away with the baby stuff.  I tried it on a whim with Isabelle, not expecting her to like it, but she LOOOOVES it!

These are the sippies my kids use:

For Isabelle:

For the boys:

And these are those awful straw ones that don't work for us:

We also have ONE sippy like this:

It is adjustable with how fast the drink comes out.  The yellow thing on the front is a snack cup that is attached.  It's the cutest thing!!  Noah used it to learn to drink from a real cup.  Isaac is using it now but he does really well with a real cup anyway.

myhaloisintheshop

ERic is horrible about chewing on straws.  Last night I told him I couldn't give him the cup and straw because he would tear up the straw but if he promised to only use his lips he could have it.  It worked like a charm :P

Jennie-lynnie

Noah is using nuby's right now. I haven't had any problems with them yet.