News:

Did you sleep well? No, I made a few mistakes. -Steven Wright

Main Menu

Care Packages?

Started by ~Stephanie~, September 24, 2006, 05:53:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RainbowJingles

:sing:
Lately all I've got is leavin' on my mind.
Seems that's all I think about
'most all the time
Soon and very soooooooooooon, I'll leave
My troubles far behind
Cuz lately I've got leavin'...
I've got leavin' on my mind.
:sing:

newkris

you girls are making me worried . . . 

what's this about leaving?  NO LEAVING ALLOWED!!  i have used up the year's quota of leaving . . . !! 

now, back to care packages.  truly.  here's a little different twist - when you go on trips, do you send yourself stuff?  or buy yourself something in particular?

i have found that i collect odd memory stuff - pebbles from different beaches, books (although i have yet to buy a book in NYC. guess i need to go back then, right?) 

so, what about you?  send yourself care packs when you're out and about?  collect something particular?
\\\\\\\"i want to say more than words when i write\\\\\\\" - kent d. curry
me, too.

myspace.com\\\\\\\\krisknowshim
there are times in the whirlwind of my fragile life that i have hidden under your words, your voice.

apsurf

Quote from: newkris on February 21, 2007, 02:51:28 AM
ah, yes, i do recall that now that you mention it.  we talked about it once.  hhhmmm . . when did you say your birthday was?
Quote from: SippinTea on February 21, 2007, 03:14:23 AM
never-you-mind!   :cool:

I'm not planning on having any more birthdays. Twenty-six is a great age.  :)

:beret:

While I know it, revealing  it will have to wait for that day.

SippinTea

"Not everything that is of God is easy." -Elona

"When you're wildly in love with someone, it changes everything." -F. Chan

"A real live hug anytime you want it is priceless." -Rachel

terp

Rather than buy myself care packages on trips, I prefer to take random pictures to remember trips by.  *Say Cheese*  :idea:
The grace of imperfection...amazing.

RainbowJingles

newkris

Quote from: terp on February 23, 2007, 04:41:10 PM
Rather than buy myself care packages on trips, I prefer to take random pictures to remember trips by.  *Say Cheese*  :idea:

really?  is that so?  YOU like to take a lot of random pics? 

("those are all picture folders?  i thought i had a lot of pictures on my computer." - hhhmmm . . who said that? - of course those weren't ALL my pics, but . . . yeah, you get the picture!)
me, too.

there are times in the whirlwind of my fragile life that i have hidden under your words, your voice.

terp

Quote from: newkris on February 23, 2007, 08:40:07 PM
Quote from: terp on February 23, 2007, 04:41:10 PM

really?  is that so?  YOU like to take a lot of random pics? 

("those are all picture folders?  i thought i had a lot of pictures on my computer." - hhhmmm . . who said that? - of course those weren't ALL my pics, but . . . yeah, you get the picture!)

Yes, but I've only had my laptop since June...Less than a year of pics compared to yours - No comparison!  Smile.  Can't wait to take lots o' pics together!!   I love vacations!

Chseeads

newkris

so, i googled care packages to see what i'd come up with.  oh my word . . . there's a company in NYC that does care packages for a business and they have the GREATEST stuff!!  for instance: 

Good Riddance! Break-Up Care Package
SKU:BUP2 
Got a friend who's just broken up with what's turned out to be a total loser? Remind her that she's just dodged a huge bullet with our Good Riddance! Break-Up Care Package! Let's be honest - you never liked him anyway and even if you did, help her celebrate her newfound freedom!This package includes everything she needs:
Mr. Right When You Need Him (he's battery operated and says only the perfect things!)
Immaculate Consumption Sweet Georgia Brownie Cookies (nothing like a little chocolate!)
7 oz. bar of Blue Q Tainted Love Soap (hip, high-end soap with awesome Anne Taintor artwork - wash him out of your life!)
Mini Disco Party Ball (it's new lease on life - party on!)
Gift certificate for a FREE pint of Ben & Jerry's or Haagen Daz ice cream
4 packets of Ghirardelli hot chocolate
Remember, all our packages come festively wrapped up with tons of ribbon and oversized, custom-printed gift tags you get to personalize!

:laughhard:

http://www.yougota.com/stores/xq/xfm/store_id.516/page_id.5/qx/store.htm

so, there's something to remember the next time you need to send a care package!! 

hhhmmm .  . clearly trav is NOT involved in this company since he only talks about sending a "like i care" package.   :frustrated:
me, too.

Amelia Bedelia

that is a HILARIOUS package  :laughhard:
I like it, does one have to wait for a break-up?   :biglaugh:

newkris

i don't think one ought to wait, after all Mr. Right is part of the package deal!  Mr. Right AND chocolate!  how cool is that? 

since it's the thought that counts . . . i thought about sending that package to you, AB!  did you catch it?   :cloud9:
me, too.

Amelia Bedelia

absolutely! thanks for thinking of me!

:biglaugh:

Called_&_chosen

Quote from: newkris on February 25, 2007, 03:31:30 PM
i don't think one ought to wait, after all Mr. Right is part of the package deal!  Mr. Right AND chocolate!  how cool is that? 

since it's the thought that counts . . . i thought about sending that package to you, AB!  did you catch it?   :cloud9:

I almsot thought you where saying you where going to send Thi to her   :laughhard:
*Ashley Thomas*
"Mistakes are part of the price you pay for KNOWLEDGE"

*Bro Harold Linder*
"if God Calls You. You Will be Happy"
"Many Are Called but Few are Chosen"

*Bro Tim Green*
"You cant have a testimony without aTest"

newkris

that would be a twist!!  :laughhard:
me, too.

Called_&_chosen

Quote from: newkris on February 25, 2007, 06:54:54 PM
that would be a twist!!  :laughhard:

I know  :laughhard:

What do ya say to that AB what do ya say bout that?

*Do you accept?*
*Ashley Thomas*

*Bro Harold Linder*

*Bro Tim Green*

Amelia Bedelia

hmmmm I think mothers are going to be scared of me and keeping their boys away after seeing the way I got around this weekend  :freaky2:
Thi is in school and doesn't need the distraction I'm sure  :biglaugh:

:hypocrite:

newkris

well, she is about the age of the girls he likes . . .a little older, but not so much . . but i recently accidentally discovered that he really seems to like tall, beautiful blonde girls!!  hhmmm . . .  as long as she loves Jesus most . .  and can stand my cooking . . it's all good!! 
me, too.

terp

You wouldn't be talking about tall, blonde girls from a certain church we both know and love, would you????  Huh???

newkris

hhhmmmm . . .well . . . i don't know . . . . .  :pwink:  his words not mine.  but we'll let him do the talking when he's here, hey? 
me, too.

terp

Spoken like a true midwesterner - Hey?

newkris

i know, right, hey?   :laughhard:
me, too.

Called_&_chosen

Quote from: terp on February 25, 2007, 08:51:32 PM
You wouldn't be talking about tall, blonde girls from a certain church we both know and love, would you????  Huh???

:couch:

:o

* runs out*             :sulk:
*Ashley Thomas*

*Bro Harold Linder*

*Bro Tim Green*

newkris

yer safe amanda . . not quite tall enough and this one's in MN . . . but it's all just speculation at this point!   a mama's speculation at that!
me, too.