News:

:teeth: To crack the Top 10 posters, you must have over 11,000 posts. :teeth:

Main Menu

Discuss Everything Except Alexander the Great in Sharing 508

Started by mini, January 04, 2018, 02:28:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roscoe

Quote from: sunlight on March 18, 2018, 06:44:51 PMI can see the Japanese cherry but I don't spot the red maple? Is it on the side of the picture?
The maple is in front of the little pink car with flowers in it to the left of the photo. Barely in the pic.
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Backseat Radio

I had a busy but also a great day today.  We had some of our Pastor's extended family with us in service this morning and got to hear some awesome music from them.  Then a friend and I went in the afternoon to see the new movie "I Can Only Imagine."  I think I laughed and cried through pretty much the whole movie.  Tonight was a special program put on by the student from my church's Christian school.

Lynx

Bobby: Even got a boom for you mic! As a music nerd I like your setup, though I don't know what two thirds of those electronic boxes even do. But I guess ham radio stuff keeps you out of Lou's hair a lot. I also like the "desk" you made. This is the first time I've seen it.

What's the foot pedal for?
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Nelle

Eating lunch finally. Felt like it wasn't ever coming, haha. Fries didn't reheat well, but the little burgers are delicious. :)

Monday's being a Monday.. I feel better than I did last week about the whole sleep situation, but I do need to make a better effort to go to bed earlier tonight!

We are officially scheduled to go to Nevada to spend a week with Jeremy's best friend and family in September. I was told that I couldn't visit again unless we were pregnant... but I'm going to have to break their hearts I think, LOL. I am excited about visiting b/c I've never been ON Nevada land.. just in the air while passing over.  I think we are going to go camping in Yellowstone for a few days. I'm just hoping I don't have any personal encounters with bears or bison LOL.

House looks good, Roscoe!

MsJennJenn

I got my garden ready to go. Plus bought more plants as I can never resist them. My pictures are HUGE. I LOATHE photo bucket. I tried to edit to make them smaller, but there are SO many ads. I gave up....And I dunno where else I can upload my pics. lol  :roll:

Got a new fiddle leaf fig, a california apolacia? (i think)

A violet daisy and a hibiscus

In my front yard planter I put some hostas, a japanese holly on the end, and a PEONY in the middle. Can't wait for that one to open!

Then got my garden all REAADDY!
Zucchini, squash, beans, cilantro, basil, broccoli, tomatoes, peppers, and bell peppers. And I'm doing corn behind the planter. They haven't come yet. Then Along the back fence I did 4 flowers: California poppies, Snapdragons, Sweet Pea and then I'll do Dahlia's when they come.

[url=http://s165.photobucket.com/user/MsJennJenn/media/5862D50B-0458-4F71-8A28-4D109F771520_zpsiicexquj.jpeg.html]

:clap:
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

Lynx

JenN, try tinypic.com for now. It is actually a subsidiary of Photobucket, but for the moment it is much easier to use.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

Roscoe

Quote from: Lynx on March 19, 2018, 10:45:08 AMBobby: Even got a boom for you mic! As a music nerd I like your setup, though I don't know what two thirds of those electronic boxes even do. But I guess ham radio stuff keeps you out of Lou's hair a lot. I also like the "desk" you made. This is the first time I've seen it.

What's the foot pedal for?

The foot pedal is to key the mic up when I want to talk, so it isn't broadcasting the next time I wanna sing When God Unfolds the Rose. :ugly: It should be noted that it has a musical background- I stole it from one of Lou's keyboards. It worked so well, I pretended to not have any knowledge of said device's absence when she looked for it, and it has been right under her nose for quite some time. :hypocrite:  I made the boom myself, out of a cheap yardsale lamp. The desk- came out okay. I'm considering painting the bookshelves and it an off white, and rehang the map to where it is centered, because while the desk and bookcases are centered perfectly, the map make it look like it is not.
And here lately Lou's been keeping me outta of my radio's "hair". :pound:

And Jenn, I've been using Jerm's recommendation of IBB or something for pics. SUPER easy....he recommended it a few posts back.

Nelle, I'm jealous. I've never been to Nevada, or Yellowstone, and both are on my bucket list. Lou doesn't like to ride that far, and I don't fly..:sadbounce:
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

MsJennJenn

Quote from: Roscoe on March 19, 2018, 06:16:01 PMIt worked so well, I pretended to not have any knowledge of said device's absence when she looked for it, and it has been right under her nose for quite some time. :hypocrite:  

OOooo I'm TELLING!!!!! :nono:

And you're missing out on SOOOO much by not flying. Boo.

43 days until I FLY away to the Bahamas.  :clap:
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-

Nelle

Quote from: Roscoe on March 19, 2018, 06:16:01 PMNelle, I'm jealous. I've never been to Nevada, or Yellowstone, and both are on my bucket list. Lou doesn't like to ride that far, and I don't fly.. :sadbounce:

I'm a little nervous about Yellowstone with all of the wildlife and the weird things you read about the ground rippling and all. haha.

We're both going to take vacation that week, and hopefully we can afford to save back the money for the plane tickets and whatnot. The drive is 25 hours for us to their house, and that is a LONG drive, but I have no doubt that it would be incredibly gorgeous. Much faster to fly tho, so that's what we'll be doing, haha. Hopefully we can catch a deal on tickets and not spend so much $$.

Jeremy's hoping that when I visit, I fall in love with the area and don't want to live here anymore, haha.

Lynx

Nelle, are we making book on that? What are the current odds? I'd put $150 on a 5:1 against you deciding to move there.

Of course I don't really bet. But I do consider it highly improbable that any sane person living where you live would want to move there.
"Do you sing at church?"

Lynx

Bobby: Yeah I thought it looked like a keyboard sustain pedal, and I couldn't figure out what you were using a sustain pedal for. But a sustain pedal for an electric keyboard is a simple on/off switch, so yeah it could work for that.

I'm gonna have to look at that boom again in the pic. You made it from a used floor lamp? Not bad!
"Do you sing at church?"

Nelle

Quote from: Lynx on March 20, 2018, 11:23:57 AMNelle, are we making book on that? What are the current odds? I'd put $150 on a 5:1 against you deciding to move there.

Of course I don't really bet. But I do consider it highly improbable that any sane person living where you live would want to move there.

LOL. I'd have to say the odds are against it happening myself. I know I will love the land and the people, but the church placement is so sparse there. Plus it's too far from my parents. :)  Just being the Illinois vs Nevada, Nevada would win hands down. Politically and financially, Illinois is just dangerous - especially Southern Illinois. It's a beautiful area as well, in different ways than Nevada. I'm also just not big on change, haha.

Getting my morning at work started. I went to bed earlier last night but I was still SO sleepy this morning. Hopefully if I can get on a schedule of that every night, I can get back in the swing of things again. :)

The weather app this morning sent a message, "Spring and snow.. in the same day." LOL..

Roscoe

Quote from: Nelle on March 20, 2018, 12:37:59 PM
Quote from: Lynx on March 20, 2018, 11:23:57 AMNelle, are we making book on that? What are the current odds? I'd put $150 on a 5:1 against you deciding to move there.

LOL. I'd have to say the odds are against it happening myself. I know I will love the land and the people, but the church placement is so sparse there. Plus it's too far from my parents. :)  Just being the Illinois vs Nevada, Nevada would win hands down. Politically and financially, Illinois is just dangerous - especially Southern Illinois. It's a beautiful area as well, in different ways than Nevada. I'm also just not big on change, haha.

You should return to the Promised Land, aka Arkansas. We Favored People (those blessed to grow up in this paradise known as Arkansas) don't really do well in Yankee Land OR deserts. Now desserts, that's different, but I digress....

Hi y'all. Stumbling through another day of work. Tomorrow will be a long day in Texarkana for training, then work on Thursday, then I'm off for three days. Unfortunately, that appears to be the last bright spot of time off in the foreseeable future until Memorial Day. :pound:

okieoliveoyl

Speaking of Arkansas... Nelle I was in the area of your old stomping grounds three times last weekend.  lol
Gods Promise: "This to shall pass"  not "and it came to stay"

Roscoe

:hi:
At a training in Texarkana.  So close to Hades I feel the singe  and smell the smoke...I'm on the Arkansas side of stateline avenue.

MsJennJenn

-Alexander Den Heijer-

Roscoe

Quote from: MsJennJenn on March 21, 2018, 09:10:09 PM:roll:
:wasup: 

Made it through the incredibly boring training. Treated myself to one of my favorite, although pricey, BBQ joints. Just got home to hear Lou complaining about the new dryer. It's not drying right. After consulting repair man google, I determined it is most likely the vent hose that appears to have been crushed on one end. I've repaired it I think- waiting on this load to see if it is now drying properly. If not it is back to Lowe's. I ain't paying good money for something that don't work. That's what my EMPLOYER does, not me. :lol:

The Purple Fuzzy

Roscoe

Ughh. It's morning. Fortunately it is my Friday, however....

Roscoe

Y'all is too quiet. :pound:
 It's nearly the weekend........10 more minutes.....

MsJennJenn

-Alexander Den Heijer-

sunlight

:attackhug: Be full of hugs!

Roscoe

:hi:
 I've enjoyed my day off. Chey and I went grocery shopping, and cleaned some stuff up and I attempted to put up an additional antenna- I got it up, but it did not work like I wished. Back to the drawing board. Plan on resting tomorrow and not doing a lot.

The Purple Fuzzy

Lynx

Quote from: Roscoe on March 24, 2018, 12:42:18 AM:hi:
 I've enjoyed my day off. Chey and I went grocery shopping, and cleaned some stuff up and I attempted to put up an additional antenna- I got it up, but it did not work like I wished. Back to the drawing board. Plan on resting tomorrow and not doing a lot.
How do you mow around all these antennae? Do you do a LOT of weed-eater work or do you just spray weed killer around the bases?

Get a few more put up and you could have a paintball fight among them, using them for cover.
"Do you sing at church?"