News:

Did you sleep well? No, I made a few mistakes. -Steven Wright

Main Menu

Can you do a trichotomy on Sharing 503?

Started by mini, March 18, 2016, 08:22:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roscoe

Nobody posting? Post thou varlets!
I passed my test, which was one of the more difficult tests I've taken. Starting Monday, I'll begin to get my caseload...
Now, if the rain would just go away for the weekend...
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

The Purple Fuzzy

It's raining here. Very intense. Roofs torn off about 30 mikes from here. My ears feel pressure in them almost like being on an airplane.

The Purple Fuzzy

Oh, I forgot to mention that our electricity is out. :smirk2:

Roscoe

Been raining all night here. No wind,though. Thankfully.
I put a brisket on to smoke about 6pm last night...Checked it around 12:30, then brought it in a few minutes ago. Everything says to plate it for an hour or so before slicing, so I have... But lord I'm ready to slice it and see if it's any good. First time to try brisket.
And.... I over cooked it. 12 hours was apparently about two hours too long. But after I cut the overcooked part off, what remained is incredibly tasty.  I think, if I had cooked it for 6 to ten hours I'd have been golden. It was only 4 1/2 lbs...
 There's always a next time. And this won't be wasted, it'll be eaten.
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Lynx

Everyone's having brisket except me these days, it seems. They don't do brisket much here in southwest TN.  It's all pork here.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

sunlight

The things you miss out on because of where you live. Poor Ike.
  :attackhug: Be full of hugs!

mini

DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

Roscoe

Quote from: mini on April 30, 2016, 09:43:38 PMLadies and Gentlemen, and Roscoe...

:ugly:
:pound: You uncouth, ill-tempered buffoon.

Roscoe

Okay. That was NOT good. I walked out of the radio room/study just in time to meet a very surprised copperhead snake crawling down the hall. I scream like a school girl, and hope the other things coming out of my mouth were prayers but I can't swear to it. And I couldn't find ANYTHING to kill it with other than my gun, which could ricochet. Wound up taking Lou's broom to sweep the 9 inch long spawn of satan out the door, where I shot him with a .22. Twice. And smashed it's head with a pry bar, just to be sure. I'll never trust my house again...

The Purple Fuzzy

Heather

Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali

Lynx

Wow. We have copperheads here, but they never come indoors.

Wonder what your blood pressure is right now...
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

Heather

I had been contemplating us possibly moving back to Bristol to be closer to our parents the past few months. Then dad got sick and it was something I was thinking of constantly. Hadn't really talked to Brandon about it because I had to drag him down here to JC kicking and screaming when we got married. Went to a church in Bristol this morning that I miss terribly but just felt I needed to go. One of my best friends from that church asked me if I knew anyone looking for a apartment because she has essentially a whole house tacked on the back of her house she rents out. I asked her how much she wanted for rent. Then I called Brandon and asked how much we could afford for rent. It's the same amount. Plus no deposit. We can take my cat and go get his dog with no pet deposit. Washer and Dryer, kitchen the size of our current living room/kitchen, fenced in back yard. The works. Now we just wait for his summer school money to drop then we are heading back to Bristol.

[this decision also brought to you by the fact we've had 2 armed robberies in our apartment complex in the past month.]

Lynx

"Do you sing at church?"

MsJennJenn

Aww yay Heather! That's sooo awesome. Church + Pets + new house = win!

Unless you're Roscoe - his new "pets" + old house = death by snake.  :lol:
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

Heather

Plus Trixie [her nickname] and her husband have 3 cats and 5 dogs. As she puts it, pets are encouraged. I talked to housing today, we will be moved by the 21st of this month. [Also she has funky chandeliers in a few rooms, built ins and a fireplace in the living room, and my bathroom is purple!!! I'm gonna ask if we can paint our bedroom as well.  :cool: ]

As of 845 this morning, I am done with Spring 2016!!! According to what I made on my final this morning will determine if I made the Dean's list. If I didn't, I still feel like I finished the semester strong considering what all has gone on in the last month.

Brandon is cooking lunch then it's off to the bakery, where I'm kinda sad, but I will be placing my notice due to the move. I'll start working at a friends diner the week after we move.

Roscoe

Well, Heather, it looks like things are working out, although I'm sure it's not the way you would necessarily have wanted. Glad to see it.
And Jenn, my "new pet" died pretty quickly. I did feel a bit bad after a friend who is into snakes identified it as a harmless water snake, not the copperhead it mimicked.
Made it through the day. Got approximately  a third of my caseload assigned to me today, and saw my first two official clients. Tomorrow is gonna be rough...all day in the neighboring county's court.

Heather

Sis Lewis was extremely graceful when I told her. She knew it was coming once dad got sick.

My sister started her new job for the state today. She'll eventually be an eligibility counselor for food stamps, but today she sorted mail for the homeless of Knox County. I didn't know they could have mail sent to the health department for pick up. I thought it was awesome!

4 days post chemo, my dad is at work right now. We go in the morning for bloodwork to see what the chemo has done thus far.

Lynx

Hey Bobby, heart attacks are dangerous too. Venom alone doth not a dangerous snake make.

But what would a water snake be doing in your house? Drinking out of the toilet?
"Do you sing at church?"

Roscoe

Quote from: Lynx on May 03, 2016, 11:52:38 AMHey Bobby, heart attacks are dangerous too. Venom alone doth not a dangerous snake make.

But what would a water snake be doing in your house? Drinking out of the toilet?
Ironically enough- probably trying to escape the water. It's been WET here the last few days.

Morning,all. Found a new Coffee Creamer I love- it is Carnation brand I think, "Creamy Chocolate". Delish. And this cold/congestion/creeping crud needs to go away. Especially today, since I'm gonna be in court all day. Ain't nobody got time for dat.:pound:

Lynx

And here I thought you had taste. A guy who smokes his own briskets... But he uses Carnation creamer. Lord help him.
"Do you sing at church?"

The Purple Fuzzy

Beautiful day here. That last rain storm brought cooler weather. :)

sunlight

Protein powder- it's the equivalent of grown people baby formula...
  :attackhug: Be full of hugs!

Heather

Brandon is gone to try to get some boxes from Wal-Mart so we can start packing. We were going to try to move everything in a Uhaul, but those folks want 90+ dollars for a 40 mile trip. So we are taking a little bit at a time as I travel back and forth to Bristol for dad/church/work/my car has recalls/paying bills/etc.

Lynx

Eminently logical. Sounds like what I would have done. :teeth:
"Do you sing at church?"