News:

The staff of Godplace.com welcomes you to our little house of fun. If you have a spiritual need, feel free to  contact any staff member.

Main Menu

Last person to post wins, round 13

Started by Lynx, March 15, 2011, 12:58:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tricia Lea

:frustrated: :frustrated: :frustrated: :frustrated:
:pound: :pound: :pound: :pound: :pound:

Stan is trying to tell Brandon that you don't do for people unless they can do for you.
Brandon  wanted to ask a friend over for dinner. Stans response. "No, you invite people to dinner that can afford to take you out not your friends that don't have money". Needless to say we got into it over him trying to teach Brandon that.
Hes got the attitude lately look out for #1. If it aint going to benefit him then why do it and he keeps trying to push that to Brandon. He even got on Brandon the other day Because most of his friends are poor and was telling him he needs friends that have their own money and not ones hes having to help with things like movie money if they all want to go to a movie or such

Lynx

Uh... there's something in the Bible about that.  And I don't mean the Golden Rule.  There's something in the Bible specifically about not inviting people to dinner just so they'll invite you to dinner.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Tricia Lea

Yea
Thankfully Brandon does love trying to help others. It kind of makes his dad mad. Like last school year he had a friend who did not have a book-bag. Brandon dug out his old one and took it to school for him. Then all the sudden Stan wanted to use it for something even though he has various bags himself, and got mad because Brandon gave it away. Me and Brandon were talking about going this summer to help some with Cabarrus Christian Ministries (a local food bank). The first thing Stan said, you will be taking the bus. I am not wasting my gas for that mess.
I just pray that attitude doesnt rub off on Brandon

Babs

Religion is worthless until it is able to move outside the walls.

My latest blog post.

Lynx

In the book "A sort of saga" the guy was talking about how his mother was always helping someone.  "My brother and I learned to never get too attached to a shirt or a pair of pants, because in a week some other kid might be wearing them.  No matter how poor we were, mom always found someone worse off to help."
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

Babs

Quote from: Tricia Lea on March 17, 2011, 10:00:47 PM

I just pray that attitude doesnt rub off on Brandon

at brandons age, if it hasnt rubbed off on him by now it wont.

My latest blog post.

Tricia Lea

Speaking of Brandon. Heres a pic of him at the Military ball last Saturday

Hes the one in suit holding the sword on the right side of the pic

Lynx

Bleh.  After working so much on my new computer I'd forgotten how slow my old ones are. 

Every computer moves down the ladder.  My new one is now the real computer (music,) the old real computer is now my decoy (internet) computer, and the old decoy I plan to place with a couple of girls on the bus route.  All of this takes a lot of changing things around though, on all three computers.

I made the mistake of setting up my new music computer first.  Now, fresh from working with a new, fast computer, I am stuck with plodding along on old, slow computers.  How quickly I get accustomed to convenience, eh?  :-?
"Do you sing at church?"

The Purple Fuzzy

Babs

My latest blog post.

Lynx

Well phooey... My former music computer has been acting odd lately.  Just found out the hard drive has some corrupted places.  Good thing I got this new computer when I did.  Hard drive might last another year or two (with bad blocks blocked off) or it might totally go down tomorrow.

This is my thread for venting.  Y'all just ignore me.
"Do you sing at church?"

The Purple Fuzzy

Quote from: Babs on March 18, 2011, 01:50:31 AM
no i didnt  :sadbounce:
I have a friend that has a car for sale for $500.  It's a Dodge Intrepid.

Lynx

MY GRANDMA WANTS THAT CAR!!!

She's been looking for a car since hers got totaled.  Is there a reason why the price is so low?  Something wrong with it we should know about?

It just so happens my grandmother is down there in Texas at this moment.  She could drive it back.
"Do you sing at church?"

Babs

well that walk today took its toll. gona call it a night.

My latest blog post.

Tricia Lea

Lynx

Milksops.  Sleep is for the weak.  Caffeine conquers all! :hyper:
"Do you sing at church?"

Babs

fall asleep early. wake up early. :yawn:

bleh

My latest blog post.

Lynx

"Early to bed, early to rise
And your girl goes out with other guys"

Or so I've been told. 
"Do you sing at church?"

Babs

My latest blog post.

Heather

my mom's dog dances when i sing to him. just thought you all should know that.  :cool:
Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali

The Purple Fuzzy

Heather

ill try to capture it on my phone some day. he just wore himself out though barking at my cousin when she knocked on the door. lazy bum. it's the bassett hound part of him. lol.
Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali

Babs

My latest blog post.

Tricia Lea

Babs

My latest blog post.