News:

Did you sleep well? No, I made a few mistakes. -Steven Wright

Main Menu

By special request of Lord Elvin, it's sharing 511

Started by Lynx, October 23, 2018, 02:01:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Purple Fuzzy

Roscoe

:hi: Been busy. A belated Merry Christmas to all. I'm enjoying vacation, although it is flying by waaaay too fast. Oh well. Tomorrow I get to take down all of those decorations and store them away... Then countdown to the next celebration- Tax refund time. :-)
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Roscoe

Ah. My inner Grinch rejoiced as I took down the garlands and bows, and stacked up the M&M characters until next year. I did go take a last gasp at being festive and bought some half- price christmas-y decorations for next year though. Maybe that redeems me from total scrooge-hood.
 Did a little grocery shoppig, drove Rusty for the first time in weeks, and just generally have enjoyed the day. I got to go over to the Lawrenced and see their new to them double wide being brought in and set up. Dear Lord, it is huge. Like 80 feet long by 32 feet wide. With four kids under the age of 12, I'm sure it'll still feel too small at times.. :lol:
 And I'm entering the pre-dread phase for next week. Next Wednesday will be here all too fast.....
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

The Purple Fuzzy

I stopped at Walmart for some necessities and bought my mom a box of half price chocolate covered cherries. (Gag) She loves them.

mini

Its raining here.  Its 4:40 am, and I've been awake since 3ish.

Gracie the German Shepherd decided that the thunder was scary and laid down...right at the head of the bed. 80 pounds of furry dog at 3 am will cause quite a startling response...lol
DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

Lynx

Wait, what? What happens next Wednesday?

In local news, my dog stinks but I don't want to give him a bath because he is an outside dog and would freeze. So I tried one of those dry shampoo powder sprays. It worked surprisingly well. Now instead of smelling like stinky dog he smells like a lemon. Maybe next time I can find one without such a heavy smell. But it does work to get stinky dog smell out, not just cover it up.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Roscoe

Quote from: Lynx on December 27, 2018, 11:22:22 AMWait, what? What happens next Wednesday?
 <snip>

I have to return to work, that's what happens. :pound: I could totally be a wealthy man of leisure- If I could just get the "wealth" part.
And Mini's rains made it over here, drowned my outdoor plans for the day, and have left. Now I'm trying desperately to make myself get motivated, clean the house up, and do something instead of wasting a vacation day by doing nothing.

And I'm having to keep myself from going to the local flea market. They have a 1930s-1940s kitchen buffet/china cabinet that I want BADLY. It's old white painted pine, with red trim, a beautiful white and red porcelain top, and has a flour bin built in it. I'm in love. AND it will a) fit in the dining room b) look awesome doing it and c) matches the color scheme. BUT- they want $375 for it. :sadbounce: If it were $200 I'd be in trouble, because I'd break the budget and live on bologna sandwiches for two weeks for it..

Heather

There is rain. I'm tired. Have to make it to 2 pm then I have 3 glorious days off. That's about all I got right now.
Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali

The Purple Fuzzy

Dina & I were cooking some fruit down for jelly but she abandoned me to go see Chel.

Roscoe

:hi: Morning all.  I got up, as usual in an eating mood. So I made French toast, and fried hot dogs. This put me in a questioning mood- what do they call French toast in France? Why is a hot dog called a hot dog, when it is neither hot, nor dog? I figured I better stop cooking and musing at that point, since it was getting deep...
 Now, I need to go clean up in the yard, and make the outside of the house look decent. I am totally dreading the end of vacation..

The Purple Fuzzy

Roscoe

Man. Everyone has forgotten GP.:sadbounce:

Still miss all you nuts who used to post here- Sippin Tea, Cheese-head, and all the rest...

It's back to raining, although thankfully it is just a drizzle and is supposed to end tomorrow. Just a few more hours let in 2018. Looking back on it.... It's been a difficult year in some ways. Loss wise, hasn't been as bad for me personally as 2016 was, but it's been challenging financially and spiritually.
 I've accomplished not very many of my goals for the year- I won't do "resolutions" but I would like to start the new year off in a better manner than before. My goal financially next year is to pay at least one major debt off, and get Lou on the same financial page with me, instead of her lack of interest in it.  Trying to keep from making an offer on a early 1900's Victorian house that is for sale in my town. It needs some work, but the bones are solid. I am bad tempted to put our house up for sale and buy it. It would doubtless keep me busy for the rest of my life. It would also eat up every dime I will have, but man, the character of the home...

My goal spiritually is to get "me" right- more of Him and less of me. This is more of a challenge than the finances. I need to be more outgoing and more Christlike, when my nature is to pull away from everyone and withdraw into myself, lashing out at folks who hurt me, which is not what He would do. This year, I have saw myself withdraw more and dread speaking in public more than usual, and my spiritual life has suffered.

Physically, I HAVE to lose some weight. Like the 50 lb I lost in 2015-16, then gave up and let come back.

And in day to day living- I want to stop taking the little blessings in life for granted. Slow down and smell the roses, as it were, and enjoy the time I have with those I love. Try to tell those I love how much they mean to me, and show them in little ways when they least expect it.

If you do resolutions my friends, resolve to let Him have His way and guide you - on the mountaintops and in the valleys. May God bless each of you here in a mighty way and may the next year find you closer to Him and in a happier place than ever before.

The Purple Fuzzy

Dina & her family have been here, so that's keeping us busy. ;)

Lynx

My New Year's Resolution is the same as last year: I resolve to not make any New Year's Resolutions. Which breaks itself. And with that out of the way I can enjoy New Year's Eve.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

Heather

Yesterday was a 2-fer. My friend Micah and his family moved to the area from Mississippi to take over his step dad's chuch. [Jay was my friend who passed on Father's Day]. So I wandered up the road to Chilhowie to set in during their 1st service. It was a beautiful service. Then I went to my church in the afternoon. I love those people. It's a 30+ minute drive for me, but it's completely worth it. With our current financial situation, they have been a HUGE blessing. The church is giving us a gift card to take care of a large chunk of our grocery bill. ALSO they are insisting I go to ladies conference this year and will let me pay back as I can. These people are the BEST!!

The new budget goes into full effect starting NOW. We are both on board and excited. We had agreed no trips or vacations for the year of 2019 which is why the church taking care of ladies conference is a big deal to me. We are going to do all we can for debt in 2019 then start saving for an anniversary trip for our 5th in 2020 [we never had a honeymoon either...]. We can do this!

MsJennJenn

Back to work. Why didn't I take today off?

Family's all gone back to their appropriate places. I'm sad but also glad. I'm so very peopled out.
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

Roscoe

Ah... Glad I took today off too. Only two days left.....counting today, then I'm back at the grind. I'm fixing to put chili on, which seems like a bad decision. But that's what Lou asked for so, when she starts complaining about weird smells and noises, it's all her fault.. Bwaaahaaa!
 Cool and dreary here. I'm ready for summer, folks.
 And ebay+ paypal+ late nights+ antique radio addiction= bad things. I nearly bought two 1940s radios last night just because.  And I was sober. I can't imagine how dangerous that would be for someone who imbibes. :laughhard:

mini

I'm enjoying some family time.  So far I have let (like I had say in it... :ugly:) my wife and daughter go shopping at some classy modest place.

Tomorrow we will eat at one of my favorite eating holes in the world...Lamberts!
DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

Nelle

I didn't take today off either.. only because I feel bad for missing so many days here lately. I missed 20-21 for family Christmas in Arkansas. We didn't work 24-25 for Christmas. I missed the 27th due to sickness. I wish I had taken off today too.. but I also need to get some year-end things done. I will be working lots of extra time in the evenings to make sure things are done for our CPAs.

My big plans tonight = pajamas. My tomorrow plans = Hobby Lobby (if Jeremy's off work) and if not, more pjs.. LOL..

sunlight

Happy new year! It's another new start. Let's do this.
  :attackhug: Be full of hugs!

mini

The Purple Fuzzy

Roscoe

Lynx

Brand new world, brand new day, brand new year... Same old me. I wanna go back to bed.
"Do you sing at church?"

Heather

AZ is changing how they do vacation time. Brandon had 6 days left to take. They paid him for all that time on this upcoming paycheck. I about started shoutin in middle of the produce section at Kroger. When you are budgeted to the dime and still not sure how ends will meet and an extra $500 shows up, you give the praise where it is due! Shew I'm tearing up just typing this out......