News:

You can reach your profile and change its settings here.

Main Menu

We Won’t Talk About Elves in Sharing 512

Started by The Purple Fuzzy, February 21, 2019, 09:53:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roscoe

Hmmmm....... Crave is usually associated with other conditions..lol.
Congrats Jenn. I really want to take chey to see the northeast. Some of the prettiest country I've ever see was New Hampshire, Vermont and Maine. I've told Lou I have two goals after we pay off the credit cards, ect- I want a motorhome, nothing new, just nice and dependable-  and I want to take two weeks in said motorhome and cruise the northeast. Funny, my dream vacation will cost probably 3 to 4 grand, plus the motorhome cost. That's doable if I can just get this other bills paid off..
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Lynx

Bobby: Wait, what? I thought that was what the teardrop trailer was for...

Nelle: You mentioned tuna sushi. All the tuna sushi I have tried has been singularly flavorless. It's not bad, it's just not... anything really. Where can you get good tuna sushi?
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

mini

Weighing in on the Sushi conversation.  I tried sushi for the first time ever about 3 years ago.  The meat was cooked, and I liked it.  Since then we have gone several times to eat it.

Lynx:  I have the crooked coach now, he has another camper.

In other news, I am ready to be driving my old truck.  But alas...its a long story that I am not quite ready to talk about.
DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

Roscoe

Quote from: Lynx on May 14, 2019, 11:41:12 PMBobby: Wait, what? I thought that was what the teardrop trailer was for...

The teardrop has moved westward. I replaced it with the Scotty, which is larger and more comfortable. However, it is still a camper- and that means 3 people ride in Rusty's cab, which is less than spacious. A motorhome would mean that the women can move around, sleep, even use the restroom while I gear jam down the interstate. But that's in the future..

It is appearing to be beautiful yet again today. Mark my words, when I'm off on the weekend and can get stuff done, it will rain. :pound:
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Roscoe

Quote from: mini on May 15, 2019, 12:56:56 PMWeighing in on the Sushi conversation.  I tried sushi for the first time ever about 3 years ago.  The meat was cooked, and I liked it.  Since then we have gone several times to eat it.

In other news, I am ready to be driving my old truck.  But alas...its a long story that I am not quite ready to talk about.

I thought that sushi, by definition, was uncooked fish. I'm gonna have to go review my definition of sushi.....

mini

Quote from: Roscoe on May 15, 2019, 01:30:40 PM
Quote from: mini on May 15, 2019, 12:56:56 PMWeighing in on the Sushi conversation.  I tried sushi for the first time ever about 3 years ago.  The meat was cooked, and I liked it.  Since then we have gone several times to eat it.

In other news, I am ready to be driving my old truck.  But alas... it's a long story that I am not quite ready to talk about.

I thought that sushi, by definition, was uncooked fish. I'm gonna have to go review my definition of sushi.....

No.  Next time you are over, we will go by and get an Arkansas roll.  It's pretty good.  From the website: "Boiled shrimp, spicy crab, cucumber, avocado, crunchy inside and topped with spicy mayo and sweet sauce."

DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

Lynx

Quote from: Roscoe on May 15, 2019, 01:30:40 PMI thought that sushi, by definition, was uncooked fish. I'm gonna have to go review my definition of sushi.....
Sashimi is raw fish. There is a lot of sushi that has sashimi, but not all sushi is raw fish.

Some of the best sushi you ever put in your mouth is the smoked salmon sushi (say that five times fast) at Hibachi Grill.

There is also vegetarian sushi, sushi with octopus, sushi with squid and sushi with bacon. And lots of other kinds of sushi.

From wikipedia:
"Sushi is a Japanese dish of prepared vinegared rice, usually with some sugar and salt, accompanying a variety of ingredients, such as seafood, vegetables, and occasionally tropical fruits."
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

mini

You people need to post.

Except for Roscoe. 

Roscoe

Quote from: mini on May 16, 2019, 06:57:32 PMYou people need to post.

Except for Roscoe. 
And solely due to this comment- hi. :lol:
Spent all day in a self defense, ju-jitsu based class. I did not look forward to it, but now, I kinda like it. If I could afford the $100 a month and the time, I'd be interested in learning more of it..

Lynx

So the mandatory class was just a teaser, a free sample, a trial version? Foul!
"Do you sing at church?"

The Purple Fuzzy

:hi:
It was a pretty warm day. It got up to 87*
Storms are supposed to be back tomorrow evening.

Roscoe

The mandatory class was one of our every six month classes we are required to take. It's just that this time, instead of my agency's mostly incompetent instructors, the owner of a local ju jitsu business whose brother is a cop in a neighboring county, and who has two brother in laws in law enforcement offered to teach for free. Amazing the difference in a class when it is someone who can actually show you how to perform a maneuver and knows how to do it vs those who THINK they can.

He actually offers free classes to Law Enforcement, but believe it or not, Cheyenne wants to go too..
In the upper 80s here too. My kinda weather. Unfortunantly, there's around an 80% chance of storms Saturday night.

Nelle

Probably would be good for Cheyenne to go unfortunately! Always good to know how to defend yourself tho!

Eating breakfast at work. Finally a Friday morning early start that wasn't completely painful! LOL.

Lynx

Quote from: Nelle on May 17, 2019, 12:23:42 PMProbably would be good for Cheyenne to go unfortunately! Always good to know how to defend yourself tho!
My thoughts exactly! I hate to say it's a great idea, but it's a great idea.
"Do you sing at church?"

The Purple Fuzzy

Roscoe

:hi: Yeah, I'd like Chey to go to it, just don't know if I have the budget for it. Her shooting hobby is expensive enough.

Morning all. Well, actually afternoon. This morning I started my day with a call from Sirius satellite radio. Lou's Lincoln had a free 3 month trial and they want me to subscribe. Nearly lost every trace of God when they called. I explained kinda loudly that calling me at 8 am on my day off was a very good way to never get my business and hung up before I said worse. They email me every day with contact information- if I want their product I will call. I'm at the point that if you call me to sell a product you have just guaranteed I WON'T be a customer.
 Of course, I AM a grump, and calling me while I'm snoozing amplifies that, so maybe I'm the only one that feels like that.

After that I went and picked up Lou some laundry soap and fabric softener- we buy it by the 5 gallon bucket, much cheaper than at a store, and the lady only comes through once a month or so. I then went to Russellville and bought two of the 5 privacy fence panels I need for my current project. I'm building a privacy fence between my shop and RV port. It'll conceal some of the stuff I'm working on and improve the looks of the place. It also lets me start on my patio/outside kitchen that will be behind the privacy fence. Now if I could find someone with about 600 sq foot of patio stone that they wanted to give away, I'd be set...

Now I am washing a load of clothes and cooking a pot of pinto beans and ham hocks. I'm such a good hubby.  *pats himself on the back.

The Purple Fuzzy

The tornado watches have started for the day. So far the main storm is north & west of us but we're already under a watch. Thankful that God has it all under control.

mini

Lawd, whatta storm.

We had to run to town yesterday.  My neighbor called and said some bad weather was headed our way.  We rushed home, gathered a few items, got the cellar ready, and I said get in NOW.  It went crazy. 

We had tree limbs down, neighbor lost a pine, lost a willow tree at church and the steeple that was donated but not up went rolling away.

Town where we were earlier got nailed pretty good too.  40+ homes damaged.

Roscoe

It was quick here. Apparently we just got the edge of the storm. Lou came in , demanding to go to town to get something to eat and would not listen to anything I said to dissuade her...so we took the Jeep, because I didn't want the Lincoln to get nailed by hail. The wind gusted a couple times making the Jeep feel light, but that was about it. However, apparently while we were getting dinner, the storm came through between the house and town. Several trees blown down in a matter of about 20 minutes tops. All we lost was a small, maybe 2 inch in diameter limb off a tree in the front of the house.

The Purple Fuzzy

We got some good rain for a bit but the bad stuff kept splitting and going around us on either side. I'm thankful.

Roscoe

Appears to be a beautiful day shaping up. Sadly, I am at work and the ONLY thing making me move forward is coffee.

mini

Appears to be a bad weather day here.  Especially in the OKC area.

MsJennJenn

I was so sick yesterday. I even missed church. Everything I tried to eat came back up. I took a narcotic Saturday night for a tooth that was hurting so bad and only got worse by time Saturday went on. That narcotic is probably what messed me up for the rest of the weekend. No toothache since then though?

I've had 2 pieces of toast and some crackers today and so far so good. Just feeling super weak today. Not doing much.

Thankfully Pamela is in Mexico this week and Altaf will leave me alone when he knows I don't feel good.
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

Nelle

Yikes. Meds mixed with pain can definitely create some issues, haha. Glad you're feeling better today!

Lynx

All these storms y'all are talking about, and the forecast here is sunny for the whole week.

Not that I'm complaining, mind you... I usually like rainy days, but the last four months have had more rain than we usually get. I'll take some sunshine for a while.

I just think it's odd because we in TN usually inherit the weather y'all had yesterday. But y'all had storms and we got nothing. So now I'm wondering where all the storm systems went if they didn't cross here.
"Do you sing at church?"