News:

:teeth: To crack the Top 10 posters, you must have over 11,000 posts. :teeth:

Main Menu

Ex 12:31-36

Started by clark thompson, September 03, 2014, 01:42:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

clark thompson

Exodus 12:31-36King James Version (KJV)
31 And he called for Moses and Aaron by night, and said, Rise up, and get you forth from among my people, both ye and the children of Israel; and go, serve the LORD, as ye have said.
32 Also take your flocks and your herds, as ye have said, and be gone; and bless me also.
33 And the Egyptians were urgent upon the people, that they might send them out of the land in haste; for they said, We be all dead men.
34 And the people took their dough before it was leavened, their kneading troughs being bound up in their clothes upon their shoulders.
35 And the children of Israel did according to the word of Moses; and they borrowed of the Egyptians jewels of silver, and jewels of gold, and raiment:
36 And the LORD gave the people favour in the sight of the Egyptians, so that they lent unto them such things as they required. And they spoiled the Egyptians.

Exodus 12:31-36Revised Standard Version (RSV)

31 And he summoned Moses and Aaron by night, and said, "Rise up, go forth from among my people, both you and the people of Israel; and go, serve the LORD, as you have said. 32 Take your flocks and your herds, as you have said, and be gone; and bless me also!"
The Exodus: From Rameses to Succoth
33 And the Egyptians were urgent with the people, to send them out of the land in haste; for they said, "We are all dead men." 34 So the people took their dough before it was leavened, their kneading bowls being bound up in their mantles on their shoulders. 35 The people of Israel had also done as Moses told them, for they had asked of the Egyptians jewelry of silver and of gold, and clothing; 36 and the LORD had given the people favor in the sight of the Egyptians, so that they let them have what they asked. Thus they despoiled the Egyptians.

Revised Standard Version (RSV)
Revised Standard Version of the Bible, copyright © 1946, 1952, and 1971 the Division of Christian Education of the National Council of the Churches of Christ in the United States of America. Used by permission. All rights reserved.

These are my thoughts, please share yours.

31 Pharaoh would not even wait till morning making a fast decision and not taking time to think about a decision he would later decide against. We often times we are quick to make decision but when we are following what God says we are often to slow to react, Pharaoh should have let them go before all the plagues this would have spared Egypt the destruction it had faced by God because of them keeping His people captive. We do not need to ask permission to worship God even if this means we need to be like Daniel and be thrown to the lions for our worshiping the Lord.

32 Pharaoh wanted a blessing but if he showed them favor as other Pharaoh had God would have blessed him but he went against God's people so he received curse from God which happened in the plague.

33 The Egyptians were begging Pharaoh to let them go because they knew that God attacked Egypt because of His people. They knew with now being let go they would be able to rebuild.

34 Bread without yeast was and is important in Jewish culture and remains so today.

35 Israelites may have been able to get anything from the Egyptians at this point for them to leave. The Egyptians wanted them gone it was by only Pharaoh's command that they had to stay.

36 The Egyptians had fear and respect for Israel.
The Lord made a Way.