Quote from: coolguy on July 28, 2007, 03:00:43 AM
I know the feeling. Tough one to deal with, isn't it? lol

Yes. Quite.  :-?

:beret:
"Not everything that is of God is easy." -Elona

"When you're wildly in love with someone, it changes everything." -F. Chan

"A real live hug anytime you want it is priceless." -Rachel

MelodyB

Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

Sister_Mom

Here's a random rambling for you:

Considering that our "Mountain Top" experiences are our "high points" and our "valley" experiences are our "low points" and that sometimes God may put us in the valley for a time, and He will see us through the valley God doesn't help us put ourselves in the valley.

Ever think about how much easier it is to walk/ride/run downhill than it is to go uphill?
If you go downhill on a paved road on a bicycle, the only effort required on your part is to hang on and steer. As long as you don't put on the brakes or jump off, you will go downhill.

Now think about how difficult it is to ride a bike or walk uphill. A lot more effort, more muscle, is required.

God does help us climb the mountain.
He may very well take us from the valley and place us on top of the mountain, but when we have to walk up a mountain we probably think twice before heading down that one again. Maybe...... I guess it depends on how stubborn or how obedient we are.
God determines who walks into your life....it's up to you to decide who you let walk away, who you let stay, and who you refuse to let go.

SippinTea

Quote from: Mel-Mel on July 28, 2007, 10:16:14 PM
Quote from: SippinTea on July 28, 2007, 10:15:03 PM
It was nicer seeing you. *grin*  :hi:

*PUKE* 

Yer jes jealous cuz he ain't _yore_ cuzin!  :P

Quote from: Sister_Mom on July 29, 2007, 01:31:31 AM
Here's a random rambling for you:

Considering that our "Mountain Top" experiences are our "high points" and our "valley" experiences are our "low points" and that sometimes God may put us in the valley for a time, and He will see us through the valley God doesn't help us put ourselves in the valley.

Ever think about how much easier it is to walk/ride/run downhill than it is to go uphill?
If you go downhill on a paved road on a bicycle, the only effort required on your part is to hang on and steer. As long as you don't put on the brakes or jump off, you will go downhill.

Now think about how difficult it is to ride a bike or walk uphill. A lot more effort, more muscle, is required.

God does help us climb the mountain.
He may very well take us from the valley and place us on top of the mountain, but when we have to walk up a mountain we probably think twice before heading down that one again. Maybe...... I guess it depends on how stubborn or how obedient we are.

Hmmm.... *brain starts turning*

Here's the first thing that popped into my head... If you're headed downhill, it takes a fair amount of effort to put on the brakes. Is it possible to do that in the 'spiritual downhill' too? Hmmm....I guess maybe it partially depends on whether you recognize the destructive behaviors/attitudes/etc that are propelling you downhill.

Maybe.

Stop it! I'm too tired tonight to think very clearly. ;)

MelodyB

Hmmmm Thanks Mom, that is perhaps a very poinient point to ponder, it could prove to be precisely provdentiential.  

GRR! Ruby beat me to it...all because I buchered these words and spell check doesnt have a clue what I am trying to say!  Oh well, you get my drift...

And Good point Ruby. And yeah I might be a little jelous of your guys...you sure have some great ones!

SippinTea

I can't take the credit for this one.... It was taken from our Sunday school lesson this week:

Mercy                                                                               Grace
Kept Ninevah from being destroyed for its wickedness            Made them worthy to receive His blessings
Kept then from receiving the punishment they deserved         Made them able to continue as a nation
Mercy alone does not produce revival                                   Caused them to receive benefits of which they were not worthy
Mercy simply prevents judgmet                                            Allows the unworthy to receive the blessings of God
Mercy prevents death                                                         Gives a brand-new start
Mercy provides the stay of execution                                    Teaches how to live a crime-free life
Mercy is the gateway into His grace                                      Produces a Godly life-style

MelodyB

newkris

"Lord, prepare me to be a sanctuary. Pure and holy.  Tried and true.  With thanksgiving I'll be a LIVING SANCTUARY for you."

I was singing this in my mind on the way to work today and the words stuck out to me . .  a Living Sanctuary. 

A sanctuary is a place where one finds rest, a hiding place, a quiet place, a place of reflection and quiet in a crazy world.  A place where we go to be alone with God - or to be with others and God. 

God wants me to be a living sanctuary.  He wants me to be a living, breathing, walking-around place where people in chaos can find a place of rest, of calm, quiet, encouragement - a place where they are comfortable talking about God and know that they can find God where I am.

A living sanctuary.

I wonder if His peace in me is why people often remark that my desk is so "serene" - even in the midst of trial prep people commented on how peaceful my desk was.

hhhmmmm.  interesting.  hey?
\\\\\\\"i want to say more than words when i write\\\\\\\" - kent d. curry
me, too.

myspace.com\\\\\\\\krisknowshim
there are times in the whirlwind of my fragile life that i have hidden under your words, your voice.

SippinTea

Quote from: newkris on August 04, 2007, 04:54:49 AM
A sanctuary is a place where one finds rest, a hiding place, a quiet place, a place of reflection and quiet in a crazy world.  A place where we go to be alone with God - or to be with others and God. 

God wants me to be a living sanctuary.  He wants me to be a living, breathing, walking-around place where people in chaos can find a place of rest, of calm, quiet, encouragement - a place where they are comfortable talking about God and know that they can find God where I am.

Wow. Nice thought, Kris.  :great:

I suppose that being a living sacrifice is the preface to being a living sanctuary, eh?

MelodyB

Classicrambler

Quote from: MelodyB on July 29, 2007, 01:56:43 AM

GRR! Ruby beat me to it...all because I buchered these words and spell check doesnt have a clue what I am trying to say!  

:-?

MelodyB

Yes I know....Mom pointed that one out too..thanks CR. :roll:

Sister_Mom

Leave it to CR to go public pointing.  :biglaugh:
God determines who walks into your life....it's up to you to decide who you let walk away, who you let stay, and who you refuse to let go.

RainbowJingles

Sister_Mom

It's not nice to wag your finger at old people... I mean, elders either.  :hypocrite:
:kermit:

MelodyB

So sticking your tounge out is better? RJ IS older than you, you know...she is 35, and you are only 25!

*Brownie points*

SippinTea

*wonders if the Nun accidently wandered into the junior-high thread*

:grin:

MelodyB

*pulls Rubys hair*

OH! You said Jr High....not Elementry School!

SippinTea

Sister_Mom

Who are you planning on telling? :kermit:

*takes Melody's elastic ponytail holder and runs, snapping it across the room to RJ*

MelodyB

*WAAAAAAAAA*

"Mommyyyyy!!"

Oh wait....that wont work....

"DADDY!!!!"

SippinTea

That didn't work as well when I was little as it does now. ;)  Nevermind why. LOL

MelodyB

SippinTea

Actually, Little Sis has that esteemed position. *smile* But I'm more that way now that I used to be. Thank God!