Ramblings (not neccesarily by Classic)

Started by SippinTea, November 17, 2006, 04:31:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SippinTea

*laugh* CR's never had any trouble attracting a lot of attention.... any place, any time, any crowd. He's a rather popular fella. :)

But I'll admit your second comment has me a wee bit puzzled. Do you really think that, or are you just bein' funny? 'Cause most of the gals that I know think 'unavailable' means 'unavailable'. I know there are a few leeches out there that will attach themselves to anyone (available or not!) ....but that's not the majority....is it?  ???

:beret:
"Not everything that is of God is easy." -Elona

"When you're wildly in love with someone, it changes everything." -F. Chan

"A real live hug anytime you want it is priceless." -Rachel

Nerd

QuoteBut I'll admit your second comment has me a wee bit puzzled. Do you really think that, or are you just bein' funny? 'Cause most of the gals that I know think 'unavailable' means 'unavailable'. I know there are a few leeches out there that will attach themselves to anyone (available or not!) ....but that's not the majority....is it?

:o

That wasn't intended as a blanket statement about girls. Sorry if it sounded that way. 'Unavailable' wasn't quite what I was looking for, there. That was an attempt at humor, but...

I'm not entirely sure how this works, but if a guy is around girl(s) that apparently enjoy his company, more girls talk to him. It has seemed that way to me, in any case. They say it makes you more approachable/less intimidating. The particular girls would then have to draw their own conclusions on availability, and I have seen some doozies. But I'm aware those are exceptions to the rule.  :)

SippinTea

:) Got it.

I figured you were just bein' funny.... but then I wondered if you'd run into more than your fair share of idiots lately. *laugh* Not that it mattered either way... I was just curious. *smile*

Quote from: coolguy on July 12, 2007, 05:13:01 AM
I'm not entirely sure how this works, but if a guy is around girl(s) that apparently enjoy his company, more girls talk to him.

Hmmm....You've got a point there. And boy, could I ever tell stories on 'someone' right now!!  :laughhard:

But I'll :ignore: before I get pounded. *grin*

Nerd

:biglaugh:

Quotebut then I wondered if you'd run into more than your fair share of idiots lately.

:smirk2:

I often think so, but the question is... What's the definition of 'fair share'?

SippinTea

Hmm...yes, indeed. A very good question to which I have no answer. :updown:

However, if you're making a collection of meeting idiots.... I've got a couple I'd cheerfully send your way.  :P

Classicrambler

Quote from: SippinTea on July 12, 2007, 04:25:57 AM
*laugh* CR's never had any trouble attracting a lot of attention.... any place, any time, any crowd. He's a rather popular fella. :)

Really?! You'll have to take me along next time so I can see for myself!

SippinTea

Kiddo, yer so blind it's funny.  ;)  Keep it that way, it's a nice problem. *smile*

Classicrambler

Quote from: SippinTea on July 12, 2007, 04:06:56 PM
However, if you're making a collection of meeting idiots.... I've got a couple I'd cheerfully send your way.  :P

:waving:

SippinTea

:roll: I wasn't thinking of you, John.  But if you're volunteering......  :P

Nerd

:-?

QuoteQuote from: SippinTea on Yesterday at 11:06:56 AM
However, if you're making a collection of meeting idiots.... I've got a couple I'd cheerfully send your way. 

That's OK. There's too many down here as it is...

Maybe we could trade Texas idiots for Oregon idiots. I figure after the initial trade we could establish a ratio.

SippinTea

:biglaugh: Okay, but the deal's off if Texas idiots end up being worse than Oregon idiots. LOL In that case, you can have them back.  :updown:

(But judging from the people I've met from Texas....I think you might get the sticky end of the sucker!) *grin*

:o No, wait!! I just remembered sombody else....

Deal's off!!! Totally, totally off!!!  :laughhard:

Nerd

SippinTea

*laugh* Yup. Loooong story..... the least of which was when she told her grand-daughter that the way she'd had the church decorated for her wedding made it look like a funeral.  :roll:

Classicrambler

Quote from: coolguy on July 14, 2007, 03:42:59 AM
That's OK. There's too many down here as it is...
Maybe we could trade Texas idiots for Oregon idiots. I figure after the initial trade we could establish a ratio.
Quote from: SippinTea on July 14, 2007, 03:47:45 AM
:biglaugh: Okay, but the deal's off if Texas idiots end up being worse than Oregon idiots.

Is this what ya'll talking about?  :-? 

Has SippinTea really become a flaming liberal?

MelodyB

Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

SippinTea

:biglaugh: Goof

And no, I'm not a flaming liberal. ;)

....except in the moments when I am one.  :cool:

Nerd

QuoteIs this what ya'll talking about?

:biglaugh:

See there? I didn't have to say it.

He's not a Texan, anyway. Born in Connecticut.   :hypocrite:

SippinTea

SippinTea

On my mind, in my heart.... more ramblings:

I've just started reading Linda Dillow's newest book Satisfy My Thirsty Soul, and was struck by something she said in the first chapter.

"As a new believer I often said my purpose was to know Him and make Him known. Too often though, my emphasis was on making Him known rather than on knowing Him.
     I longed for intimacy, ecstasy, and a deep relationship with my Bridegroom, but as the years passed and life became hectic and complicated, I settled for serving the One I loved."

Been there. Done that. And I'm wanting to take steps to make sure I don't do that again.

The last few months have been filled with re-thinking my priorities, with saying 'no' to certain things (even good things), and with turning my focus back on Jesus. I've managed to make a few people unhappy with me, but I think I've made Jesus happy with those choices, and whose opinion of me matters in the long run anyway? *smile* Yes, I still have heart to serve. Yes, I still want to make Him known to others. Yes, I still want to be highly involved in ministry. But not at the expense of my own relationship with Him.

Don't misunderstand me....I haven't quit all my ministry involvements, not by a long shot! But....I'm being much more picky about the things I say 'yes' to, and for right now, I'm on a honeymoon with Jesus. *smile*

I'm hoping to regain my focus during the next few months, to hear His voice a little more clearly, to feel His heartbeat, to know Him better. Because I want to make my life count for something that will outlast it. And I can't do that if I don't truly know Him. I can't serve effectively if I don't intimately know the One I'm serving. I can't follow His orders if I'm too busy to hear them. I can't help others come to know Him in a personal way if I don't know His heart. And I can't be truly happy when my life is full of 'clutter'....even so-called 'good clutter'.

So for now.... the answer is most likely 'no' to more serving. Because I'm learning to say 'yes' to knowing. *smile*

MelodyB

Quote from: SippinTea on July 15, 2007, 05:49:08 AM

Been there. Done that. And I'm wanting to take steps to make sure I don't do that again.

The last few months have been filled with re-thinking my priorities, with saying 'no' to certain things (even good things), and with turning my focus back on Jesus. I've managed to make a few people unhappy with me, but I think I've made Jesus happy with those choices, and whose opinion of me matters in the long run anyway? *smile* Yes, I still have heart to serve. Yes, I still want to make Him known to others. Yes, I still want to be highly involved in ministry. But not at the expense of my own relationship with Him.

Don't misunderstand me....I haven't quit all my ministry involvements, not by a long shot! But....I'm being much more picky about the things I say 'yes' to, and for right now, I'm on a honeymoon with Jesus. *smile*

I'm hoping to regain my focus during the next few months, to hear His voice a little more clearly, to feel His heartbeat, to know Him better. Because I want to make my life count for something that will outlast it. And I can't do that if I don't truly know Him. I can't serve effectively if I don't intimately know the One I'm serving. I can't follow His orders if I'm too busy to hear them. I can't help others come to know Him in a personal way if I don't know His heart. And I can't be truly happy when my life is full of 'clutter'....even so-called 'good clutter'.

So for now.... the answer is most likely 'no' to more serving. Because I'm learning to say 'yes' to knowing. *smile*

:great: EXACTLY!!

I am LOVING the "Honeymoon with Jesus" part....I heard that about a year ago and I have been thinking about it ever since....funny you should use THAT phrase.
Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

Sister_Mom

I've been thinking about this lately also. Just yesterday spending time reflecting and praying, I know I've spent the last two years being excited over knowing "who" He is and not enough time knowing Him. I want that to change.
God determines who walks into your life....it's up to you to decide who you let walk away, who you let stay, and who you refuse to let go.

Classicrambler

SippinTea

Saw something in myself I really, really didn't like this week. Had a problem come up with my musicians during church, and I started to get upset. But then I got to wondering _why_ I felt upset, and it suddenly hit me that it was a pride issue. No, I didn't appreciate the attitude shown from one of my team members, but that part really was a separate issue to deal with later—not during the worship service. The whole point was: I didn't want to look stupid in front of the whole congregation, I wanted people to know the problem wasn't my fault, I didn't want to get blamed, and I wanted to appear in control of it all. EEEEK! I suddenly got a glimpse into who I am, and I didn't like what I saw one bit.

The good news is: if I can see myself as I really am, then I can change myself with God's help. I have no hope of changing if I don't even see that I have a problem.

"But be ye doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving your own selves. For if any be a hearer of the word, and not a doer, he is like unto a man beholding his natural face in a glass: For he beholdeth himself, and goeth his way, and straightway forgetteth what manner of man he was." James 1:22-24

"Who is a wise man and endued with knowledge among you? let him shew out of a good conversation his works with meekness of wisdom. But if ye have bitter envying and strife in your hearts, glory not, and lie not against the truth. This wisdom descendeth not from above, but is earthly, sensual, devilish. For where envying and strife is, there is confusion and every evil work. But the wisdom that is from above is first pure, then peaceable, gentle, and easy to be intreated, full of mercy and good fruits, without partiality, and without hypocrisy. And the fruit of righteousness is sown in peace of them that make peace." James 3:13-18

titushome

"You stir man to take pleasure in praising you, because you have made us for yourself, and our heart is restless until it rests in you."
- Augustine

Nerd

QuoteI suddenly got a glimpse into who I am, and I didn't like what I saw one bit.

I know the feeling. Tough one to deal with, isn't it? lol