News:

Did you sleep well? No, I made a few mistakes. -Steven Wright

Main Menu

Introvert / Extrovert / Mix or other?

Started by (R.I.P.) YooperYankDude, April 30, 2010, 02:12:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

How would you classify yourself...?

I am definitely an Extrovert... no question about it...
I am definitely an Introvert...
I am somewhere between extrovert and introvert... but not sure exactly...
Ummm.... what is an extrovert and introvert...?
Hmmm... whatever kind likes to stargaze... !
Don't know... don't care...
I don't believe in either... I think they were made up as excuses for people to act certain ways...
SQUIRREL!!!
Does this even matter... ?
I took the test... I am a mixture...
I took the test, but I don't agree with the results...

(R.I.P.) YooperYankDude

Characteristics of INFJs

INFJs are conscientious and value-driven. They seek meaning in relationships, ideas, and events, with an eye toward better understanding themselves and others. Using their intuitive skills, they develop a clear vision, which they then execute decisively to better the lives of others. Like their INTJ counterparts, INFJs regard problems as opportunities to design and implement creative solutions.[14]

INFJs are quiet, private individuals who prefer to exercise their influence behind the scenes. Although very independent, INFJs are intensely interested in the well-being of others. INFJs prefer one-on-one relationships to large groups. Sensitive and complex, they are adept at understanding complicated issues and driven to resolve differences in a cooperative and creative manner. [3]

INFJs have a rich, vivid inner life, which they may be reluctant to share with those around them. Nevertheless, they are congenial in their interactions, and perceptive of the emotions of others. Generally well-liked by their peers, they may often be considered close friends and confidants by most other types. However, they are guarded in expressing their own feelings, especially to new people, and so tend to establish close relationships slowly. INFJs tend to be easily hurt, though they may not reveal this except to their closest companions. INFJs may "silently withdraw as a way of setting limits," rather than expressing their wounded feelings—a behavior that may leave others confused and upset.[15]

INFJs tend to be sensitive, quiet leaders with a great depth of personality. They are intricately and deeply woven, mysterious, and highly complex, sometimes puzzling even to themselves. They have an orderly view toward the world, but are internally arranged in a complex way that only they can understand. Abstract in communicating, they live in a world of hidden meanings and possibilities. With a natural affinity for art, INFJs tend to be creative and easily inspired.[16] Yet they may also do well in the sciences, aided by their intuition.[17]

Feed The Bachelors 2010

sunlight

According to the test, I am an INFJ.
  :attackhug: Be full of hugs!

SippinTea

Yes, you are, dearie. Yes, you are. *smile*

:beret:
"Not everything that is of God is easy." -Elona

"When you're wildly in love with someone, it changes everything." -F. Chan

"A real live hug anytime you want it is priceless." -Rachel

sunlight

:attackhug: Be full of hugs!

upcchris

I am an introvert, and reading the article....I wasn't impressed. This is not a light exploration of an idea, it's more like a rant. The last few thoughts, personally, I found insulting. "More intelligent, more reflective, more independent, more level-headed, more refined, and more sensitive than extroverts" I think not! Just by publishing something like that indicates a clear lack of both intelligence and sensitivity. To be frank, it was just plain rude. :mad:

I'll admit that the beginning of the article expressed some interesting ideas, but became a bit too personal towards the end. Apologies, I just had to get that off my chest.

On the upside I learned a few new words.
Television is proof the people will look at anything rather than eachother

Life would be so much easier without hormones

Of all God's creations, humans are the only ones with enough imagination to be bored

Humans are fallible, and they unreasonably expect everyone else not to be

Tina~Chris

upcchris

I think I may have answered a few questions wrong ( but I was sure it was right :-?)

Your Type is
ISTJ
Introverted 67%
Sensing 1%
Thinking 1%
Judging 11%

Guardian portrait of the Inspector

The one word that best describes Inspectors is superdependable. Whether at home or at work, Inspectors are extraordinarily persevering and dutiful, particularly when it comes to keeping an eye on the people and products they are responsible for. In their quiet way, Inspectors see to it that rules are followed, laws are respected, and standards are upheld.

Inspectors (as much as ten percent of the general population) are the true guardians of institutions. They are patient with their work and with the procedures within an institution, although not always with the unauthorized behavior of some people in that institution. Responsible to the core, Inspectors like it when people know their duties, follow the guidelines, and operate within the rules. For their part, Inspectors will see to it that goods are examined and schedules are kept, that resources will be up to standards and delivered when and where they are supposed to be. And they would prefer that everyone be this dependable. Inspectors can be hard-nosed about the need for following the rules in the workplace, and do not hesitate to report irregularities to the proper authorities. Because of this they are often misjudged as being hard-hearted, or as having ice in their veins, for people fail to see their good intentions and their vulnerability to criticism. Also, because Inspectors usually make their inspections without much flourish or fanfare, the dedication they bring to their work can go unnoticed and unappreciated.

While not as talkative as Supervisor Guardians [ESTJs], Inspectors are still highly sociable, and are likely to be involved in community service organizations, such as Sunday School, Little League, or Boy and Girl Scouting, that transmit traditional values to the young. Like all Guardians, Inspectors hold dear their family social ceremonies-weddings, birthdays, and anniversaries - although they tend to be shy if the occasion becomes too large or too public. Generally speaking, Inspectors are not comfortable with anything that gets too fancy. Their words tend to be plain and down-to-earth, not showy or high-flown; their clothes are often simple and conservative rather than of the latest fashion; and their home and work environments are usually neat, orderly, and traditional, rather than trendy or ostentatious. As for personal property, they usually choose standard items over models loaded with features, and they often try to find classics and antiques - Inspectors prefer the old-fashioned to the newfangled every time.

Queen Elizabeth II, Harry S. Truman, Warren Buffet, Queen Victoria, James K. Polk, and J.D. Rockefeller are examples of Inspector Guardians.
Introverted Sensing Thinking Judging
by Joe Butt
Profile: ISTJ
Revision: 3.0
Date of Revision: 27 Feb 2005

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"It is in keeping with tradition throughout our history that I should express simply and directly the opinions which I hold concerning some of the matters of present importance." --Herbert Hoover, Inaugural Address, Monday, March 4, 1929.
ISTJs are often called inspectors. They have a keen sense of right and wrong, especially in their area of interest and/or responsibility. They are noted for devotion to duty. Punctuality is a watchword of the ISTJ. The secretary, clerk, or business(wo)man by whom others set their clocks is likely to be an ISTJ.

As do other Introverted Thinkers, ISTJs often give the initial impression of being aloof and perhaps somewhat cold. Effusive expression of emotional warmth is not something that ISTJs do without considerable energy loss.

ISTJs are most at home with "just the facts, Ma'am." They seem to perform at highest efficiency when employing a step-by-step approach. Once a new procedure has proven itself (i.e., has been shown "to work,") the ISTJ can be depended upon to carry it through, even at the expense of their own health.

ISTJs are easily frustrated by the inconsistencies of others, especially when the second parties don't keep their commitments. But they usually keep their feelings to themselves unless they are asked. And when asked, they don't mince words. Truth wins out over tact. The grim determination of the ISTJ vindicates itself in officiation of sports events, judiciary functions, or an other situation which requires making tough calls and sticking to them.

His SJ orientation draws the ISTJ into the service of established institutions. Home, social clubs, government, schools, the military, churches -- these are the bastions of the SJ. "We've always done it this way" is often reason enough for many ISTJs. Threats to time-honored traditions or established organizations (e.g., a "run" on the bank) are the undoing of SJs, and are to be fought at all costs.

Functional Analysis

Introverted Sensing
Si is oriented toward the world of forms, essences, generics. Time is such a form, a quantifiable essense of exactitude, the standard to which external events are held. For both of the IS_J types, the sense of propriety comes from the clear definition of these internal forms. An apple "should" have certain qualities, against which all apples are evaluated. A "proper" chair has four legs, (and other qualities this poor INTP can only guess). Jung viewed introverted sensing as something of an oxymoron, in that the natural direction of senses is outward toward the object, rather than inward and away from it. One has the sense that Introverted Sensors are drawn more to the measure of the concept of the perceived object than to the experience of that perception.
Extraverted Thinking
The moderation of the Te function serves to socialize the expression of these forms. When the Si function is ready to relinquish the data, Te may speak. Otherwise, silence is golden. ISTJs seem to have a few favorite forms (the tried and true) which may serve for most occasions. My ISTJ dad woke me every morning with the same phrase for more years than I care to remember. Asked, "How are you?" he answered with the same stock phrase. ("As well as my age and habits will permit" was used for about two decades.) "It's a good form, a sound form--it's the form for me."
Introverted Feeling
Since Fi is turned inward, it is rarely expressed. Perhaps this enables the ISTJ to resolutely accept that "we are all doomed." When told that Lazarus had died, Thomas said, "Let us go and die with him." (He could just as well have said something like, "I knew this was bound to happen sooner or later.") Only in times of great distress is the Introverted Feeling expressed (as I witnessed in my dad when a neighbor's son was killed in a hunting accident). Otherwise, feeling is inferred, or expressed nonverbally, through eye contact, or an encouraging smile.
Extraverted Intuition
The Ne function of an ISTJ does not serve her very well. It needs a lot of help. She was surprised, for example, to find that someone she had talked with only by phone had red hair, because she "didn't usually like" people with red hair! This inferior Ne seems to be a major source of, and a natural breeding ground for, stereotypes. Failure of the banking system is but one bogeyman which arises from the fear which feeds on the ISTJ's mistrust of real world possibilities. The shadow inhabiting the inferior Ne strikes at the precious forms and standards in the heart of the dominant Si function.
Famous ISTJs:
Thomas (Christ's disciple)
U.S. Presidents:
George Washington
Andrew Johnson
Benjamin Harrison
Herbert Hoover
George H. W. Bush
Paul Coverdale (U.S. Senator, R-GA)
Jackie Joyner-Kersee (U.S. Olympic athlete)
Evander Holyfield, heavyweight boxing champion

Fictional ISTJs:
Joe Friday
Mr. Martin (hero of James Thurber's Sitting in the Catbird Seat)
Eeyore (Winnie the Pooh)
Fred Mertz (I Love Lucy)
Puddleglum, the marshwiggle (Chronicles of Narnia) Cliff (Cheers)

Of all God's creations, humans are the only ones with enough imagination to be bored

Tina~Chris

Melody

That's what I thought upcchris cause I got the mastermind one...lol

Yooper, there is a great book about personalities and how to make the most of them.  It has a Christian undertone and commentary examples that everyone can identify with.  Our church did a 6 wk. course on it and it changed my life! I haven't learned to read people online well but in person, it has made it so helpful.  It also deals slightly with those that God created to be a certain personality but because of extreme circumstances they have learned to adapt by kind of masking who they are.  Like an otherwise bubbly lady might be very melancholy because of child abuse.  This person would seem to have almost counter personalities at times and this book is almost a tool.  

It's also edifying in the fact that it encourages to accentuate the good traits and address maybe the negative ones that tend to go with certain personalities.  I have found that with the negative aspects of my personality that through prayer of course and interacting with those who have the opposite from my flaw, it helps me work on it.  And it becomes evident, either accidently because I'm thinking that way or subtily by the author that God creates us bent a certain way, and without God we tend to be one way but with God we are the other side of the same coin.  Still the same personality but now profitable and edifying through Christ.  

I think you'd like it!

upcchris

I've heard of that book! The four personality types: Sanguine, Choleric, Phlegmatic or Melancolic(sp?)

Quote from: MellowYellow on May 05, 2010, 04:43:42 PM
...those that God created to be a certain personality but because of extreme circumstances they have learned to adapt by kind of masking who they are.  Like an otherwise bubbly lady might be very melancholy because of child abuse.  This person would seem to have almost counter personalities at times...

That's true, past experiences and things like that shape our personality, even if we would've had a completely different personality had that not happened. Nurture plays a pivotal role in shaping who we are. I'm not saying that Nature doesn't too...but sometimes it's not in our nature to act as we do, but it is because of past situations that makes us react in a certain way....

Am I rambling? :-?

Tina~Chris

Melody

no, you're right.  What's awesome is that the Holy Ghost does heal those things and one finds themself learning to see themselves for who God created them to be, and it's FREEing.

Like the melancholy w/o Jesus is insecure, and reads too much into anything toward them.  But w/ Jesus, they contain the sensitivity needed for others, and are able to better speak into people's lives.

SippinTea

If anyone wondered what personality type The Cheese is, wonder no more...
http://typelogic.com/istj.html

Take special note of the fictional ISTJs at the bottom of the page. *cough* :D 

"Not everything that is of God is easy." -Elona

"When you're wildly in love with someone, it changes everything." -F. Chan

"A real live hug anytime you want it is priceless." -Rachel

iridiscente

World Traveler

There is no statute of limitations on murder or bad first impressions.

I am enjoying my second childhood.
It is a lot of fun.
I have money this time!!

Marry, divorce, marry someone new, divorce, marry again, divorce, marry again... Polygamy on the installment plan.

(R.I.P.) YooperYankDude

Quote from: SippinTea on May 17, 2010, 04:58:52 PM
If anyone wondered what personality type The Cheese is, wonder no more...
http://typelogic.com/istj.html

Take special note of the fictional ISTJs at the bottom of the page. *cough* :D 

That 'splains a lot!
Someone's choice for a weekend to spend with thier favorite fictional character is on that list!

Feed The Bachelors 2010

Babs

Your Type is
INFJ
Introverted   Intuitive   Feeling   Judging
Strength of the preferences %
67   12   12   44

INFJ type description by D.Keirsey
INFJ Identify Your Career with Jung Career Indicator™     INFJ Famous Personalities
INFJ type description by J. Butt and M.M. Heiss

Qualitative analysis of your type formula

You are:

* distinctively expressed introvert
    * slightly expressed intuitive personality
    * slightly expressed feeling personality
    * moderately expressed judging personality
Religion is worthless until it is able to move outside the walls.

My latest blog post.

rootbeer

Your Type is
INTJ
Introverted Intuitive Thinking Judging
Strength of the preferences % 
11 25 25 44
It says I am:
slightly expressed introvert
moderately expressed intuitive personality
moderately expressed thinking personality
moderately expressed judging personality